ADVERTISEMENT

Which Board of Trustees Members need to go?

gfluvsthecocks

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2011
Wife's uncle was at dinner with us tonight and the topic of South Carolina Athletics came up. He is older, big NC State Booster, and alluded to the fact that he can't believe that USC doesn't have the power that UNC, UGA, or Alabama does, as a flagship southern state university.

I explained to him that many of our issues seem to emanate from the Board of Trustees. I also explained how people gain political appointments to the board and how these people do not all seem to bleed Garnet and Black the way those other Universities boards do. I do not have enough facts to back it up, but recognize that with political appointments come the wrong reason for selecting some people. Namely donations.

Clemson meanwhile seems to have that dedication from their board and a different selection process.

Our board has run off Darla Moore and Lou Kennedy, two of our largest donors. They have screwed up our President selection process at least once, with a second possibly in question.

So my thought is that we need some changes. Who needs to go? Who is not pulling their weight? How do we as alumni and fans demand better. Don't tell me it can't be done, tell me how we band together to get it done? Starting with not supporting the politicians making bad appointments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News