ADVERTISEMENT

Who else is pumped about fishing?

What kind of boat did you get ?? Is it a pedal drive ?? I went yesterday morning and threw the frog for a few hours and caught a few dinks . Saw a swirl on the bank and made a cast and got a massive blowup . Looked like a absolute monster . I was stoked but something didn’t feel right .... three foot baby gator . Needless to say I didn’t get my frog back .
It's a Perception Pescador Pro 10'. It has a 2-position stadium seat and that was a must for me. I've had a Feefree Lure with trolling motor before and it was just more boat than I wanted to load/unload. This one weighs 57 lb. I can carry it with one hand. It's just the old fashioned one you paddle. It was $750 at Academy. They do have a pedal drive version of the same kayak named Pilot. But I've read the drive is not very durable. It's $1700 and that's a bit more than I wanted to pay. Also, I fish some pretty shallow, weedy places and I'd always be lifting the drive. I still have a first generation Pescador 12 footer that I've been using for almost a decade. It has held up well. I'll keep it for buddies or my daughter, if she decides she wants to go again. She says I fish too hard and too long.

Nice that’s a nice boat . The first perception plant is in my hometown in Easley . Pretty much everybody I went to school with worked there at one time or another . They make great boats . I still have a tarpon 2 that I love but for saltwater you gotta have the pedal drive .

Reactions: TheReelEss
Okay now. I've never in the world heard such a thing as liking a shell cracker better than anything. I have to call a certain type of person to get rid of them when we catch them. I'm glad some people like them though.

• Wow
Reactions: be cocky
Okay now. I've never in the world heard such a thing as liking a shell cracker better than anything. I have to call a certain type of person to get rid of them when we catch them. I'm glad some people like them though.
Blasphemy!

Is there a fishing season? (Other than not fishing when the weather is bad)

Won my club yesterday. Only had 12.70 but won by over two pounds.
Had a good morning bite. Left the launch at 630. Drove for three miles and had a fish in the boat at 636. On the first cast. Limit at 730. At 9 I went looking for a big fish but it never happened. Water temps 51-55.

What lake were you fishing? Good job, you fishing shallow or deeper?

Went Saturday with my son to Moultrie, put in at the Hatchery about 0930, fished until 5. Caught a couple LM and stripers in the outer breaks, water temp was around 58. Tried a bit inside the stumps, nothing. Main lake temps were 55-56. Made a run to a protected cove, found 65 degree water, but no life, no turtles, no birds, didn’t see anything moving. Bit surprised by that.

On the way back to the Hatchery saw schools of fish holding just off the bottom in 19-24’, picked up a couple 10lb stripers, and I snagged a 20lb blue cat in the side with a Hopkins spoon.

Won my club yesterday. Only had 12.70 but won by over two pounds.
Had a good morning bite. Left the launch at 630. Drove for three miles and had a fish in the boat at 636. On the first cast. Limit at 730. At 9 I went looking for a big fish but it never happened. Water temps 51-55.
I won a tournament last year in January with 16 pounds. The tournament this past Saturday was won with 2.6! That's 1 fish!
The water in Virginia is so cold all the shad a re dying and bass are sitting on the bottom with thier mouths open.

I've found this helpful. haven't put anything in to practice yet but have been taking notes. Lot of good information.

Caught 13 on a white caffeine Shad this afternoon in the pouring down rain . 20 mph wind , stormy but they were just smashing baits on top . That caffeine Shad is a killer when they are feeding on top

What lake were you fishing? Good job, you fishing shallow or deeper?

Went Saturday with my son to Moultrie, put in at the Hatchery about 0930, fished until 5. Caught a couple LM and stripers in the outer breaks, water temp was around 58. Tried a bit inside the stumps, nothing. Main lake temps were 55-56. Made a run to a protected cove, found 65 degree water, but no life, no turtles, no birds, didn’t see anything moving. Bit surprised by that.

On the way back to the Hatchery saw schools of fish holding just off the bottom in 19-24’, picked up a couple 10lb stripers, and I snagged a 20lb blue cat in the side with a Hopkins spoon.

Clark Hill. Schooling bite shallow early with Super Fluke doing most of the damage. Then out deeper later.

I went this afternoon. They're munching! I got 12 fish on 15 bites. I got a few 3 pounders and lost a 4. They know springs coming and they're staging for spawn.

Reactions: Judson1
March tournament today. Second with 11.30. 11.40 won. And my co-angler had third with 10.95.
I was on call and stayed in sight of the boat ramp all day.
Moved into 1st for the year after 4-tournaments.

Must have been a bass tournament here today. I saw the boats staged in the lake on my way to work this morning. Crappie are biting too. I’ve seen guys trolling the last three evenings. On my way home from work 🤬

Must have been a bass tournament here today. I saw the boats staged in the lake on my way to work this morning. Crappie are biting too. I’ve seen guys trolling the last three evenings. On my way home from work 🤬
Where??! On the crappie. They're the hardest to find when not using brush piles.

Lake Marion has gone from - way low waters to over flooding . Hopefully it’ll even out and crappy will be good

I always wondered, prior to the creation of Lake Russell, if it was possible to navigate from Clark Hill to the back of Hartwell. Guess it would have to be an old timer to answer that. And back then I don’t think people were in the habit of driving 20-30 miles in a boat.
im sure it would depend on water flow, now going from hartwell to clarks hill was no doubt doable, just not sure how big of a boat could do it

Reactions: Judson1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT