ADVERTISEMENT

Why the heck do we have/need a freakin' DJ?

It's possible the DJ won't even be heard throughout the stadium, just the student section. I know that was the case when I was in school with the mic man and such
"All four tunnels are amped..."
I picture the old people in the West stand hearing,"It's getting hot in here..."

Expat nailed it. Rod and I are just old. If having a DJ this year swings a big-time recruit to our program then let's get two.

I'm 40. Not old yet.

I was recently browsing Youtube videos of our recent games against Bama (We're actually 3-3, believe or not). In every game we have a different uniform ensemble and in every game Bama, of course, has the same uniforms. Bama seems to be doing OK with the same jerseys every season. But I get it...we're not Bama. So I'm all for doing everything we can in order to eliminate the excuses for not winning. If that means a DJ, then go ahead. Hopefully that will mean less Sandstorm. *fingers crossed*

We actually have worn one uniform combo vs. Alabama on more than one occasion (both losses).

92: garnet helmet, white jersey, black britches
93: garnet helmet, black jersey, white britches
00: white helmet, white jersey, black britches
01: white helmet, garnet jersey, white britches
04: black helmet, white jersey, black britches
05: white helmet, white jersey, garnet britches
09: white helmet, white jersey, black britches (2nd time in this)
10: white helmet, garnet jersey, garnet britches

Reactions: DarkCock
92: garnet helmet, white jersey, black britches
93: garnet helmet, black jersey, white britches
00: white helmet, white jersey, black britches
01: white helmet, garnet jersey, white britches
04: black helmet, white jersey, black britches
05: white helmet, white jersey, garnet britches
09: white helmet, white jersey, black britches (2nd time in this)
10: white helmet, garnet jersey, garnet britches

In 05 we wore white jerseys at home. Not sure how often that has happened over the years.

If you're interested here were the finalists for the DJ gig at the Brice. Obiviously the third finalist won :)

15a2dbca9101de9dcd59cb37bb359fc0.jpg

1.jpg

slide_396298_4864912_free.jpg

Being a DJ who interviewed for the job, the primary reason has already been given....to blow the minds of the recruits. DJs at sporting events is trending nationally, so if it wasn't going to happen this year, it would have happened eventually. Georgia has a DJ booth in their dang locker room.

Being a huge fan of the Gamecocks and having been to most games for the past 30 years, I can say this. When neither the band nor Sandstorm are playing, the music lately has been dreadful. I hate I didn't get the job, but I'm looking forward to seeing what this guy brings to the environment.

I am sure people said Elvis music was the worst, then the Beatles and down the line. Somewhere along the line there was a switch made. My son who plays soccer says the bus full of WASP players all listen to rap filled with what I feel is abhorrent language.

It's not necessarily something for WE, the older crowd. It's something the current student body WE wants and enjoys, so why overanalyize it and begrudge them their time to form their student memories? All colleges have student body tastes that come and go. Most go, but some become tradition. I don't think WE have anything to worry about with regards to a DJ becoming a tradition, unless it's a hell of a DJ that commands global respect for their artistry, so yeah, like almost zero chance. I did hear that bell bottoms were trying to make a third round, which I thought impossible, so who knows.

Reactions: cocky4
Auburn was away in 2005, home in 2006 with White/Garnet/White, with Jared Cook dropping a sure TD pass as we lost to #2 Auburn 24-17

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT