ADVERTISEMENT

Why would anyone say Fire Ray Tanner...

Tenniscock

Sep 26, 2001
Everyone here is acting like this is his fault and to be honest I'm just as ticked as anyone else but Will is our winningest coach even over Spurrier after 3 years. AND this year isn't over. His 1st year he did a major turnaround with Bentley the last 6 games so give the guy the entire year before making a choice.

Ray, before he hired Will went after Tom Herman and Kirby Smart for this job but they turned us down. He knew who the top candidates were and to be honest those guys wouldn't have done much better here. Smart with amazing talent still struggles with teams with less talent. What would he do here with less talent against more talent? Tom has some terrible loses to Maryland twice and to Iowa State and finally after getting the next Tim Tebow, who in his first year wasn't any better than Hilinski, finally turned things around for him. We have never had a better recruiter and Will is the main reason we have that amazing ops building now. So my point is be patient. Even Spurrier didn't recruit QB's as good as Will has. Will has 3 QB's (Hilinski, Joyner, Doty and I guess even Bentley that were rated higher than Conner or Dylan. So why would we put so much pressure on those Freshman to be better than Conner now. Wins will come. Spurrier's defense was the worst in our history when Dylan was QB. Will is starting to get the D-Line like it use to be in our good years. We just need better safties and more depth at CB.

The Missouri game has us ticked off, me included, but even I noticed that we are winning that game if Ryan doesn't give up 14 points to the defense as well as should have thrown the ball away and let us kick a FG. If we do that, we are pretty much even with them. Our defense held them to 20 points offensively. They did a good enough job to win that game. But I don't think throwing Hilinski under the bus for some freshman errors is in order either. I think lets see what happens until this season is done. Then put in your vote. I sure like that we have two 4 star WR's in this up coming class and a RB that was rated 5 stars coming in. I feel like that kid will have the Lattimore effect. But if we lose Muschamp, we might lose all that with the best talent we've ever had at QB. And lastly, in my opinion, Doty will be the starter over Hilinski after he learns the system. He will be our Conner Shaw and that type of player would have beaten Missouri this week. I like what I see from Hilinski so far overall. He will be a really good one. Lets don't get rid of the guy bringing in some of the best talent we've had so far. Ray did the best that is possible. Even Justin Fuente didn't want to look at us. I saw get behind the people who want to be here and that goes for recruits and coaches. If we get a young stud coach, he will just leave us for something bigger. Will would never leave us. That has to stand for something!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News