ADVERTISEMENT

Will Tennessee run up the score for CFP style points?

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
Tennessee ran it up on Missouri. Assuming Georgia wins the SEC, Tennessee has a great chance at the playoffs in Josh Heupels second season. My worry is, how bad will he make Saturday for us? They must show the committee there is no doubt they belong.

I assume going into the 4th quarter it’ll be UT up by something like 52-10. Will the feel that hanging 70 on an SEC team on the road is necessary? Id like to think they’ll rest starters and stay healthy but they have Vandy next so this is their last 2 chances to make a statement, and Vandy wont mean much to the committee. We wont either but at least it’ll be a road game vs a 6-6 bowl team.

Tennessee ran it up on Missouri. Assuming Georgia wins the SEC, Tennessee has a great chance at the playoffs in Josh Heupels second season. My worry is, how bad will he make Saturday for us? They must show the committee there is no doubt they belong.

I assume going into the 4th quarter it’ll be UT up by something like 52-10. Will the feel that hanging 70 on an SEC team on the road is necessary? Id like to think they’ll rest starters and stay healthy but they have Vandy next so this is their last 2 chances to make a statement, and Vandy wont mean much to the committee. We wont either but at least it’ll be a road game vs a 6-6 bowl team.
Unfortunately, yes they will. They did against Mizzou. Could easily have run out the clock but instead had about a 35-40 yard pass down to about the 3 and then punched it in with time running out. Can easily see them putting up more than 50.

I may be in the minority here, but I find it insulting to have your 2nd or 3rd string in and then have them let off the gas. Shame on us if we cant stop them. I want to see those backups playing as if their careers depended on it.
If it were me and the guy I was coaching against let off the gas, I guarantee he'd get an earful after the game. And if he thought he was being charitable, I'd let him know in no uncertain terms that that's not the way I'm going to take it.

They may score 60+

I really don’t think they will run the score up on us. They have too much class for that. For me I prefer classless so I think we need to run it up on them. Oh wait😆

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979

I am guessing they won’t cause they are so classy

As Shane said...you guys cant write the story.....in college football anything can happen I stopped predicting games a long time ago!

We beat UT at their own game. Muschamp would have taken his foot off the gas in the second half and we would have lost.
This is Gospel - unless they were actually trying to throw the game.🤣 It would have been hard to throw a game to a Muschamp team.😁

So true. When we went up 21-7, Muschump would have went into his slow play offense. Two runs into the middle on 1st and 2nd down, and a dump-off pass behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT