ADVERTISEMENT

With Oklahoma and VT both open.......

Beamer would not go to VT in my opinion. To many ghosts he would be chasing.
Oklahoma would be interesting because they are humming along decently, recruit themselves and he is very familiar with it.

As far as Venables..... I just don't know how many high profile teams really want to go after such a defensive guy. Personally I am not sure he would be a great HC. He is too hands on and loves the X and O and technique coaching to much. Selfishly I hope he wants to stay a Clemson haha

Oklahoma would be interesting because they are humming along decently, recruit themselves and he is very familiar with it.

As far as Venables..... I just don't know how many high profile teams really want to go after such a defensive guy. Personally I am not sure he would be a great HC. He is too hands on and loves the X and O and technique coaching to much. Selfishly I hope he wants to stay a Clemson haha

When he was at Oklahoma early as the defensive coordinator, it seemed he was heading into that direction of being a head coach.

Once he got his second life at Clemson, he probably realizes he has a great gig. Get paid good money. Coach with great athletes against ACC competition. Work for Dabo who grants him autonomy to run the defense. He probably isn't going anywhere. But who knows.

Twitter starting to grow in Oklahoma fan interest for Beamer. Hmm. I could see a Beamer HC, Garrett Riley OC team there.

😂😂😂 true! Obviously I know nothing, but my first pick as a fan would be Shane Beamer.

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Lol at Beamer for either job ! Oklahoma has higher expectations to settle for a hire like USC did . As far as Va tech , there is zero interest from the Hokies in Beamer

I could see and understand why the VT job wouldn't appeal to SB. He'd always be compared to his dad. If I put myself in his shoes, I'd want to build my own legacy somewhere else. For sure, I think he would listen out of respect to VT and his dad, but don't see him taking serious interest.

Oklahoma is a different animal. If there's interest there, he'd be a fool to not at least listen to what they have to say. Oklahoma is a premium job, which comes with a premium contract, it'd be life-changing money. He'd have access to so much more there with recruiting and assistants as well.

I'd hate to lose Beamer because I think with the right assistant hires and recruiting that he can get us back to winning 8-10 a year, but I also understand when a better opportunity comes along, you take it. Oklahoma is a better job than ours, no question.

Reactions: caughtlookin
I could see and understand why the VT job wouldn't appeal to SB. He'd always be compared to his dad. If I put myself in his shoes, I'd want to build my own legacy somewhere else. For sure, I think he would listen out of respect to VT and his dad, but don't see him taking serious interest.

Oklahoma is a different animal. If there's interest there, he'd be a fool to not at least listen to what they have to say. Oklahoma is a premium job, which comes with a premium contract, it'd be life-changing money. He'd have access to so much more there with recruiting and assistants as well.

I'd hate to lose Beamer because I think with the right assistant hires and recruiting that he can get us back to winning 8-10 a year, but I also understand when a better opportunity comes s along, you take it. Oklahoma is a better job than ours, no question.
Okie will not hire someone of Beamers level of experience. Actually, nor would VT.

If he were ever to take a HC job, the timing will never be any better than now, and the place will never be better than Oklahoma.

Lol at Beamer for either job ! Oklahoma has higher expectations to settle for a hire like USC did . As far as Va tech , there is zero interest from the Hokies in Beamer

• Haha
Surely one of them comes after Beamer?
why would they? Because his dad was a great football Head coach?
Why not come after Skip Holtz? His dad was a great Head coach....and Skip has proven to be an above average Head Coach and Coordinator for about 20 years now.
Why not go after Steve Spurrier Jr....his dad was a great Head Coach.
Maybe JJ from Good Times is available. Our program has become a clown show.

I just hope we don’t give a .500 coach that lost 30-0 to our rival a raise.
a .500 coach in a year where UF is having one of their worst years in the last 20 years, Vandy is about as bad as they have been in the last 20 years and Mizzou is down from where they've been recently. If we are going to call him a .500 coach we'd better keep scheduling E. Illinois, ECU and Troy....and continue to stay away from any non conf. opponent with a pulse.

why would they? Because his dad was a great football Head coach?
Why not come after Skip Holtz? His dad was a great Head coach....and Skip has proven to be an above average Head Coach and Coordinator for about 20 years now.
Why not go after Steve Spurrier Jr....his dad was a great Head Coach.
Maybe JJ from Good Times is available. Our program has become a clown show.
It blows my mind. The dumbing down of society has definitely accelerated in this age of instant "news" and 24/7 infotainment. No one seems capable of questioning anything anymore. No one asks the simple questions anymore like, "Does this make sense? Is this logical?" I hate it for my grandkids. They have to go to school with these dumbasses' offspring. Damn depessing as hell. Damn we deserve everything we get. Let me go pop some Zoloft lol

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT