ADVERTISEMENT

Would you break open the piggy bank for this guy?

Reasons it could happen

same staff at OK
Needed position coach
Texas recruiting connections
Lower cost of living than Norman or LA

Reactions: PC31
This dude would be a home-run hire. Also with co-coordinator experience from one of the nation's more explosive offensive units, that could salvage some of the mess created by the Satterfield experiment.

From what Beamer said when asked about replacing assistants- after the season he plans on sitting down with Tanner to discuss options. With all these other changes I hope that Tanner thought to move that discussion up much sooner…. Like TODAY! Is there anyone worth trying to snag from places that are about to have turn over like Fl or Ok?!?!

Lol at paying coaches whatever it takes . The head coach is the lowest paid in the SEC so the administration is not going to pay whatever it takes to upgrade coordinators or assistants !

Just my opinion, but I don't believe we will spend the money.

The optics of firing another coach making 6 figures is terrible. Both to the public and to the legislature.

What we need are better OL players.
I agree, but even the best players out of high school need good coaching to reach their potential. 3 and 4 stars need even more coaching and apparently this guy can do that. Look at Kentucky, their lines over achieve every year and they are not 5 star recruits. They are well coached. There will always be two parts to the equation, talent and coaching, without either you get mediocre.

From what Beamer said when asked about replacing assistants- after the season he plans on sitting down with Tanner to discuss options. With all these other changes I hope that Tanner thought to move that discussion up much sooner…. Like TODAY! Is there anyone worth trying to snag from places that are about to have turn over like Fl or Ok?!?!
The ONLY reason Beamer should have to 'sit down with Tanner to discuss options' would be $$$$. How much is available, how high can he go, and are they willing to pay Satterfield's buyout in addition to bringing in a REAL OC. Beamer, nor the fans, want Tanner's opinions about whom to hire PERIOD!

You would be better suited going for Clay McGuire, the now unemployed USC o-line coach. He is a good one, coached under Leach, Riley, and well respected. He is only unempoyed because of the Riley hiring, not his own performance.

The bigger question is where does Graham Harrell wind up. The USC OC. He was rumored for some fairly good HC jobs in recent years.

You would be better suited going for Clay McGuire, the now unemployed USC o-line coach. He is a good one, coached under Leach, Riley, and well respected. He is only unempoyed because of the Riley hiring, not his own performance.

The bigger question is where does Graham Harrell wind up. The USC OC. He was rumored for some fairly good HC jobs in recent years.
Harrell would be an upgrade. So would McGuire.

When he says "options", to Tanner that means money. We've got to get bold on this or the administration will be sending a clear message that they are never going to care about competing.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Where did you see that? He wasn’t on the flight this morning with the other three.
A couple different places have it listed in their job trackers but here is an article from an OU centric site.

Reactions: king ward
A couple different places have it listed in their job trackers but here is an article from an OU centric site.
I saw this one earlier. Check out the Tulsa paper's site. Excellent coverage there.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Damn. Had my hopes up we might have a chance to land a big time OL coach. There are about 4-5 guys that could really change the dynamic of our OL

Reactions: Dizzy01
I was referring to Satterfield. Nobody would bat an eye if we replaced the OL coach. But it would be a scapegoat move.

$300,000 vs $900,000.
Paying Satterfield $900k on a 2 year contract is arguably a worst move than the Muschamp extension.

We have most of the same line that produced the SECs leading rusher last season. Its the OC and line coach ineptitude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT