ADVERTISEMENT

WR Carmelo Taylor Has Committed To Penn State

Caleb Alexander

Publisher
Staff
Apr 14, 2009

WR Carmelo Taylor has committed to Penn State in a surprise announcement today. If you'll recall, Taylor was set to announce on 7/31, after pushing back his commitment from the 25th. I can tell you that Taylor personally verified with me at that point that the decision was going to be South Carolina, to the point that we had a commitment graphic made up for his announcement, and were scheduling a commitment interview. I also talked to my contacts at Penn State and they seemed to think that Taylor wasn't a take for the Nittany Lions, but that if he were Taylor coveted that spot. That's when I put in my futurecast for him to land with South Carolina (my now first incorrect futurecast). Just one day before his announcement, Taylor postponed.

The next part is pure speculation on my part, but it would seem that perhaps something changed on the Penn State side and they began pushing harder, which caused Taylor to reconsider his decision to commit to SC. The reason I say it's pure speculation is that according to my sources, Penn State didn't know he was committing to them until he announced it today, in fact, they were on the practice field. We will keep you posted if anything else develops here, but for now, we will assume that he committed to a committable offer.

At the end of the day, recruiting is never a perfect science.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News