ADVERTISEMENT

YouTubeTV vs Hulu Live

eaglein3

Aug 8, 2010
Dumped cable tv and signed up for Hulu for the weeks free trial. Now I am on month long YouTubeTV trial. Wondering what your experience has been with direct streaming. Pros and cons for each. After watching, am favoring Hulu. Thanks in advance for your input.

Dumped cable tv and signed up for Hulu for the weeks free trial. Now I am on month long YouTubeTV trial. Wondering what your experience has been with direct streaming. Pros and cons for each. After watching, am favoring Hulu. Thanks in advance for your input.
Did the same thing and went with YouTubeTV. Been very satisfied. The interface and recording options are much better than Hulu Live.

Reactions: boot101
I loved Youtubetv when I first got it a couple of months ago. Having some buffering and video quality issues recently though. I have a wired connection with 400Mbps so it’s not me. I assume they could be having capacity issues with new subscribers coming online. They definitely have the best channel lineup for sports fans.

YouTube TV here going on two years.. No issues.. Haven't tried Hulu live TV though

Reactions: boot101
For clarification I also recommend youtube tv especially for sports fans. That said if you have a lady in your life that likes the channels that target the female demo YouTube tv is missing quite a few of those channels since it has none of the lifetime networks. It does have Oxygen and HGTV.

I loved Youtubetv when I first got it a couple of months ago. Having some buffering and video quality issues recently though. I have a wired connection with 400Mbps so it’s not me. I assume they could be having capacity issues with new subscribers coming online. They definitely have the best channel lineup for sports fans.
Might be your local network or your device. I have a 100 Meg connection with tons of tvs streaming (sometimes 6 or more simultaneously) and never have a problem with YouTube tv buffering.

Reactions: shroomun
Might be your local network or your device. I have a 100 Meg connection with tons of tvs streaming (sometimes 6 or more simultaneously) and never have a problem with YouTube tv buffering.
Spectrum guy came out yesterday and fixed it. Even though I was getting good speeds I was having noise and dropouts due to being on too high a frequency which would primarily affect streaming especially live streaming. Believe it or not his name was Larry. Larry the Cable Guy fixed my internet. Lol

Reactions: NetworkX
For clarification I also recommend youtube tv especially for sports fans. That said if you have a lady in your life that likes the channels that target the female demo YouTube tv is missing quite a few of those channels since it has none of the lifetime networks. It does have Oxygen and HGTV.
I have YouTube tv and love it. I had to keep basic cable though because my wife has got to have the Hallmark channel.

YouTubeTV is excellent. Visited my dad’s over the Thanksgiving holiday and used his Charter Spectrum and hated it. Remembering channel numbers is so 2009. And the interface is slow and ugly.

Went with Hulu bc it had the channels I needed and it included the Hulu service with no commercials, which is $12 alone so it worked out cheaper than YouTube while also paying for Hulu

Hulu just updated their channel guide - which I like. Channels are similar to YouTube.

I chose Hulu because I can have up to 5 simultaneous streams - you can’t do that on YouTube.

Also - Hulu offers a discount on the Disney+/ESPN+ bundle. Not sure whether YouTube does...

So many points of failure that you have to sort out. That's plenty of bandwidth, though. I'm a YTTV user. Recently had a bunch of streaming issues buffering, losing HD. Ended up being a bad port on the router.

YouTube tv for the win and all you guys trying to keep the wife happy add philotv for 20 bucks a month and win that battle to

FYI you can get YouTube tv cheaper by finding deals on google play gift cards , wal mart was running a special just got 100 bucks of credit for 73

What about SECN+ alternate games? I have YouTubeTV and the Gardner-Webb game wasn't available recently.

What about SECN+ alternate games? I have YouTubeTV and the Gardner-Webb game wasn't available recently.

You have access to the ESPN app. If you have a streaming device, it should be in those front load apps. You log into that and you will need prove from your provider with a code and then you're in.

I switched to YouTube TV after PlayStation Vue announced it would be shutting down and have been pleased. The guide is better and you can customize it. The only channel I miss is the NHL channel. As someone else mentioned, add Philo for $20 per month for the Hallmark channels and a few others YouTube TV doesn't have.

trying out Hulu too....but you do have to basically get unlimited internet...right? I have ATT fiber

trying out Hulu too....but you do have to basically get unlimited internet...right? I have ATT fiber

yea definetly don’t stream with out unlimited unless your cap is atleast 500gb and you are under 100 currently

I had PlayStation Vue for several years, but they are stopping service next month. Looked around and decided to choose between Hulu Live and You Tube TV. I went with You Tube TV and have been very happy for the last month.
The price difference is negligible, YT is $50 per month. It has 70+ channels, including locals, all the sports networks, and more. I love the interface (we use the latest Fire Sticks with a single remote for each TV). The clincher, for us, was that You Tube provides unlimited cloud DVR, whereas Hulu limited the amount we could DVR, but would provide more for an extra charge.

I started with Youtube TV, and when they raised their monthly rates by $5 (to add the Discovery family of channels), I exercised my new found freedom from cable to cancel and switch to Hulu Live. After several months while experiencing the occasional freeze with live sports broadcasts, then realizing that some of the channels that were 1080p on Youtube TV were being sent to me at 720p on Hulu Live, I again exercised my freedom from cable to cancel Hulu Live and switch back to Youtube TV. The facts from my experience are that I've *never* had freezes with the Youtube TV service, get more "live" channels, and all the channels I care about are broadcast in full HD (not 720p).

Get the app called
frndly
You get like ten channels which includes all of the hallmark for like $8 a month
This is a good suggestion for folks that have to have Hallmark. You actually get 12 channels. Three DIFFERENT Hallmark channels....Live....movies and Drama.
And like most other apps you can try it for 7 days free.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT