ADVERTISEMENT

“The Spurs Up Show” guy…@CPhilly19 thinks we lose to Troy

He is on Twitter Facebook and Instagram. God I hope we don’t lose to Troy.

If you want to play the comparative opponents angle, Louisiana-Monroe beat Troy 29-16 this past week. UK beat ULM 45-10 first week of the season.

Gamecocks by at least 2 TDs. A loss however should set off major alarm bells….

I think we’ll beat Troy. The weight of trying to get to six wins is off. The guys play lose. Cocks roll! Fans scratch their heads and think, “Why didn’t we do that against Kentucky?”

Reactions: oakley51
I see this game as the La Tech game a few years ago. Troy will come in with the confidence they can win this game. It will be a 4th quarter game no doubt. Here's to hoping Clayton White and his defense make a game winning play. We do not want this game in the offenses hands.

Even if we win (expected) will we try out some new offensive plays or don’t play the new stuff and unleash it on UT? Personal opinion is that we use all the new stuff now for Troy to get more practice.

I totally agree with you. My point is, in no way should we. Rebuilding or not, we have the athletes to beat Troy. The coaches better wake up and fix this offense.
There probably is not as big a difference between their athletes and our athletes as you might think. Keep in mind we are likely an underdog to nearly every team in the SEC right now.

Can we just please pull a guard around to open up the RBs holes. That’s what we did all last year. Also a freaking screen to the RBs once in a while wouldn’t hurt
Beamer said in his press conference that we did this Saturday and the RB screwed up the play by hitting the hole too quickly. He got to the hole before the Guard.

Reactions: caughtlookin
Eh, it’s probably going to be a close game. We are playing at around the level of the average sunbelt team.

Reactions: svjkn3
No way in hell we should loose to Troy. If that happens then I give up on Beamer. Rebuilding or not, SEC teams don't loose these games.

61867403.jpg

No way in hell we should loose to Troy. If that happens then I give up on Beamer. Rebuilding or not, SEC teams don't loose these games.
Even if we lose we still stay behind Beamer. The guy deserves a chance to prove himself and five games isn’t given him a chance. I respect everybody’s opinion here about what they’re seeing on the field, but hey’ we have to be practical and see how this plays out. Shane Beamer deserves that and I’m sure he doesn’t like losing either.

This year’s team isn’t the Troy of old from a talent perspective. It should be an easy game but probably won’t be considering the state of our offense.
How can we be this bad on offense? Something has to change or we may not beat Vandy either. You have to score points to win games.

Reactions: Brace1 and JamesRob
Before the season started this was one of the games most of us penciled in on our way to 6 or 7 wins. Now we are just trying to survive and win 3 or 4.

I'll keep watching the games but my expectations have been muted. This is a long haul rebuild with a change in some coaching staff probably every year until Beamer hits on someone who can do the job. I don't mean wholesale staff changes. Just a position coach here and there. There won't be any coordinator changes until after 2 full seasons.

Beamer also has to recruit at a high level to raise the performance on the field.

The "Spurs Up Guy" is saying whatever to get people clicking and talking. Wait five minutes and he'll say something else.

That said, I do enjoy some of his content so not knocking the guy. He puts in work on some of his graphics and stuff

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I can guarantee it will be a boring game either way . I’m going fishing . I’ll see the three or four Highlights on YouTube later Won’t take long .
That's pretty much the way I have viewed this entire season. It's basically a throw-away season. I don't know if Beamer is the answer or not, but I'm not going to judge him based on this season. I'm going to use this time of no expectations to make sure I have an epic hunting season.

Before the season started this was one of the games most of us penciled in on our way to 6 or 7 wins. Now we are just trying to survive and win 3 or 4.

I'll keep watching the games but my expectations have been muted. This is a long haul rebuild with a change in some coaching staff probably every year until Beamer hits on someone who can do the job. I don't mean wholesale staff changes. Just a position coach here and there. There won't be any coordinator changes until after 2 full seasons.

Beamer also has to recruit at a high level to raise the performance on the field.
If this turns out to be true and we don't see any marked improvement in the offense bu season's end, Beamer's tenure here might be stillborn.

How can we be this bad on offense? Something has to change or we may not beat Vandy either. You have to score points to win games.
You can’t be a bad team and boring to watch. That’s a deadly combo for the fan base and makes the program irrelevant.

This is why guys like Lane will always be relevant, offense brings eyes. It also brings recruits.

I'm fine if we come out and the first series or two try to establish the running game. I will be furious if they stuff us and we keep doing the same thing over and over. Newsflash, we are going to have to stop doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

What completely baffles me is that we came out opening drive in the 2nd half against KY, did something different (opened up the offense), drove the field, and scored our only TD. Then we went back to the same play calls that weren't getting us anything. Why? What are we doing? What's the reasoning?

I'm fine if we come out and the first series or two try to establish the running game. I will be furious if they stuff us and we keep doing the same thing over and over. Newsflash, we are going to have to stop doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

What completely baffles me is that we came out opening drive in the 2nd half against KY, did something different (opened up the offense), drove the field, and scored our only TD. Then we went back to the same play calls that weren't getting us anything. Why? What are we doing? What's the reasoning?

That's the $900,000 question.

That's pretty much the way I have viewed this entire season. It's basically a throw-away season. I don't know if Beamer is the answer or not, but I'm not going to judge him based on this season. I'm going to use this time of no expectations to make sure I have an epic hunting season.

Haha me too . Already started scouting . I’ll check back in a few years from now if we can be somewhat watchable . I can honestly say I’ve seen some TERRIBLE football in my Gamecock lifetime . However this is the first time I can ever remember giving up watching at halftime 3 weeks in a row . We are just INCREDIBLY BORING !! Hopefully Beamer will get it going in a few years but like you I’ll be in the woods or on the water every Saturday until it happens .

I can't judge Beamer based only on this season. Which is good because based on what I've seen so far it seems like a disaster hire. Not enough gravitas to attract quality assistants, regrettable (per himself) in game decisions, and just watching his face on tv during the games he looks like he's in way over his head. Has no clue why (per him again) his offense is not working. You cannot fix something if you don't know where it's broken. We were at a pretty good place when Spurrier wanted to get out. Supposedly talked out of it by Tanner. The destruction of our football program is all on Ray.

According to CSB, Troy’s defense is great so I expect a lower scoring game.

• Wow
Reactions: Brace1
If this turns out to be true and we don't see any marked improvement in the offense bu season's end, Beamer's tenure here might be stillborn.
Most head coaches are stubborn and hard headed. I doubt Beamer is any different.

I like him as a person. I hope he succeeds as a Head Coach and stays for 20 years.

The "Spurs Up Guy" is saying whatever to get people clicking and talking. Wait five minutes and he'll say something else.

That said, I do enjoy some of his content so not knocking the guy. He puts in work on some of his graphics and stuff
He does have good guests on.ill give him credit that.

You and me both. But if he lets a personal friendship stand in the way of that success, he's doomed.
After that Auburn game I looked up the OC at Georgia State today. Maybe we should have given someone like that a try. He is setting all sorts of records. Then I got to thinking. What if we had promoted Shawn Elliott in 2015 instead of hiring Muschamp. I wonder where we would be now.

Reactions: 01fatboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT