ADVERTISEMENT

0 penalties on taters

Conference referees have a stake in their conference team wining a game like this and they can easily have an influence on the outcome. Referees should be NCAA referees. Not conference referees.
^^^^this^^^^ I have said this for many years!!!

sclawman77 said:
Had the one offsides but I totally agree. Every disputed call went their way. Every one of them.

The spot change on orth
That was actually a pretty clean game for both sides. Surprising.

We had 2 false starts, both legit, 1 delay of game, clock was "00"

Clemson had 1 offsides on defense (obvious).

Not sure how you can really say "go figure."

I say go figure b/c of two obvious plays.........Watson's bowing to the crowd like Cam Newton (rule states ok to celebrate with your team)......no call. 2nd was the over turned fumble.......even tater fans knew that one was robbery. I could go on, but the better team won so it's a moot point. Watch the spots all day......where the tigers landed+........where we landed -1.5 yards. Almost every play. 2 obvious PI's not called, one not so obvious on us called (but didn't matter cause the guy made a great catch).

Our defensive scheme is comical on most series, and the taters are 10 points better which is what I predicted. That last TD by us mean't nothing. The over turned fumble did chap my arse cause you know if it were reversed, it would have never been over turned.

Reactions: boatingsportscock
God help us that they are a well coached team.... Refs this, should have that, cheated this..... Get a life OP...

There's another newbie...........pias john............refs didn't cheat, they just turned their heads a bunch. So you tell me there pias.........was the fumble call one that should have been over turned? I mean, it was the difference b/tw a touchdown that shouldn't have been......so you tell me if it matters. We suck enough without not getting at least a fair shake from the refs. Watson's bow and gesture to the crowd was by definition the poster child for a penalty........ref was right in front of him........no call. You know we do the same thing, we would be called. Oh, how bout the tater shove and our shove back.....we got the penalty (no off setting)......again, I say "go figure"

Take your newbie arse on back to taternet.

The refs reversed that fumble that should should have stood. After that play on deshaun's TD there was a block in the back that was plain as day.

I even forgot about that one....it was out on the edge in plain view.......I guess they "missed" that one also. It was an all day grind, and in the end we can only blame ourselves, but there was no level playing field yesterday to be sure.

I don't go in for sour grapes, but every team commits fouls in the course of a football game - without exception. At the very least, holding and lock in the back are inevitable. For a team not to be flagged at all for an actual foul is highly suspicious.

Reactions: scmuffin02
The overturned fumble was ridiculous . The ball was definitely coming out before he was down. The lack of obvious penalties being called does make you think. I hate to admit it tho but Clem has a good team, and we lost the game because our defense couldn't make critical stops late in the game. They fought hard the whole game tho ,just needed to make another play or two

I believe that CU had a holding penalty as well, very early in the game, and thrown on a third down that was not converted anyway.

An obvious block in the back on one of Watson's TD's, not called, the instance where their guy and our guy shoved each other, penalty on Carolina. Watson's 'bow' to the crowd, was worse than Orth's semi spin of the ball against The Citadel, which drew a 15 yard penalty.

I could go on....

Clemson was better than us, they did not need, nor deserve the game called one rather one sided.

Don't get me started on the reversed fumble call. That was TERRIBLE. My wife told me that the ESPN crew thought it was a fumble. Overturned on indisputable evidence my 58 year old ass.

Just glad that the 2015 season is mercifully over now!

Go courtCocks............

Reactions: Tidal Creek Cock
I saw 3 Pass Interference calls against Clemson that weren`t callled - the 1st one was on our very 1st drive. Once time the guy was holding David Williams - ref just looked at it and did nothing. Not surprising. Let`s ee how many calls UNC gets next Saturday,

That was actually a pretty clean game for both sides. Surprising.

We had 2 false starts, both legit, 1 delay of game, clock was "00"

Clemson had 1 offsides on defense (obvious).

Not sure how you can really say "go figure."

How about the calls that should have been overturned but weren't overturned?

I don't go in for sour grapes, but every team commits fouls in the course of a football game - without exception. At the very least, holding and lock in the back are inevitable. For a team not to be flagged at all for an actual foul is highly suspicious.

Exactly. This was not why we lost, but I find it very hard to believe one team can have more turnovers than accepted penalties. JMHO.

BS, at least four times Clemson's "no fly zone" was guilty of pass interference or holding our receiver by the shirt on the LOS. Never in a game featuring so many passes was PI not called a single time. It certainly made the difference in this game.

You could watch the game again, and see Clemson called for a holding on the first drive of the game.

Lack of penalties is a sign of a well coached team.
and "lack of penalties" can also be a sign of conference referees with a stake in their conference team winning a game like this. Referees like to referee championship games as much as players and coaches like playing in championship games and the money's pretty good, too.

Clemson has the better team. There is no question about that, but something as basic as spotting the ball after the play seemed slanted in their favor the entire game to me. A half yard or more, positive for them and negative for us adds up to a lot of yardage after 100+ plays in a football game.

The spot change on orth

I say go figure b/c of two obvious plays.........Watson's bowing to the crowd like Cam Newton (rule states ok to celebrate with your team)......no call. 2nd was the over turned fumble.......even tater fans knew that one was robbery. I could go on, but the better team won so it's a moot point. Watch the spots all day......where the tigers landed+........where we landed -1.5 yards. Almost every play. 2 obvious PI's not called, one not so obvious on us called (but didn't matter cause the guy made a great catch).

Our defensive scheme is comical on most series, and the taters are 10 points better which is what I predicted. That last TD by us mean't nothing. The over turned fumble did chap my arse cause you know if it were reversed, it would have never been over turned.
Not true. The fact that klempsun had to give us a garbage time TD to win, makes them look like frauds that ran out of our stadium with their tails between their legs. Relieved that they didn't have to spend another minute competing on our field! Our coaching staff is the 1 that mismanaged the clock and burned our TOs. It wasn't part of klempsun's master plan to outwit our coaching staff(which wouldn't take much).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT