ADVERTISEMENT

1987. USC 20-7 over Clemson. 30 years ago. Where has the time gone ?*

Wore out my dad's video tape of that game. He labeled it "Tiger Burn".

Seems like we were still trying to get our first bowl win just a few short years ago.

Time flies, man. It doesn't wait for anybody. As you get older, it will shock you at how vivid memories from the past can be - then you stop, count the years - it's scary.
I believe that you and I are about the same age. Making the retirement decision is much harder than I ever anticipated.

Class of 69 here. "Rodney" game. Brad Edwards. Cold as hell but nice. Tigers came into town already beat was what I felt. Eight o clock as I recall. Danny said it was the worst beating he ever got. Lots more could be said actually. Wonderful night for the Gamecocks!

Reactions: rogue cock
I recall "Appetite For Destruction" by Guns N Roses being released in the summer of 1987. At the time of this rivalry game, I was a freshman in college. This will sound corny & cheesy but it really does feel like it was yesterday i.e. "Where has the time gone?" As I get older, I sound more and more like my grandparents.

Reactions: jeff2001
I recall "Appetite For 1tq k I'm," by Guns N Roses being released in the summer of 1987. At the time of this rivalry game, I was a freshman in college. This will sound corny & cheesy but it really does feel like it was yesterday i.e. "Where has the time gone?" As I get older, I sound more and more like my grandparents.

Well, I'm 50 now, was 20 then, and it seems as if were just a couple'a years ago!!

In regards to G-N-R...

Cause you could be mine
But you're way out of line
With your bitch slap rappin'
And your cocaine tongue
You get nuthin' done
I said you could be mine

Still dig that band with those specific members to THIS DAY!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT