ADVERTISEMENT

1995 Nebraska vs the worst run defense in school history

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
95 Cornhuskers are arguably the greatest team of the modern era, this is a team that beat down the same Florida team that beat us down that season.

Anyway to my point I was talking with another Carolina fan and older fan the other day and I told him I thought that this was probably the worst run defense we ever had, his response was that I clearly didn't see the team in 1995 play, he told me about some of the games where running backs just went off on that defense the Arkansas running back with six touchdowns the Georgia running back with about 170 yards, and then of course the guy from Kentucky that ran for 300 yards on us, I then replied that just for laughs almost wonder how many yards that Nebraska team would have ran for on us, and what the final score would have been.

Our 95 team plays Nebraska's 95 team, how many yards does Taneyhill throw for, how many yards does Nebraska run for against us, and what's the final score.

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
The 1995 team may or may not have had the worst run defense in USC history, but the 1974 would earn no less than the silver medal at that dubious distinction. Virginia Tech ran for 440 against us and did not complete a pass. Our pass defense was statistically No. 1 in the nation in yards per game allowed because we were so bad against the run that coaches didn't bother to put it in the air. That, of course, was the football era that produced Texas coach Darrell Royal's epic quote: "Three things can happen when you pass, and two of them are bad."

Reactions: king ward
That McFadden Felix Jones Masscre was as bad as I care to remember . Like watching a HS play a Pee Wee team . McFadden just Destroyed us every year

We tied 14th ranked LSU that year; had 4 wins the lowest margin of victory was 26 points and the highest margin of victory 63. That was back when our last 3 games were called the "orange crush".

Wally Burnham. I suspect Frazier/Phillip's tandem would have put up 600 yards.

That 1995 Nebraska team would steamroll this season's USC run defense with ease. In fact, that 1995 Huskers team would steamroll any team's defense for that matter. Personally saw many games of the Huskers that season and they were truly dominant. Their Black shirts defense was nasty as hell too!

That 1995 Nebraska team would steamroll this season's USC run defense with ease. In fact, that 1995 Huskers team would steamroll any team's defense for that matter. Personally saw many games of the Huskers that season and they were truly dominant. Their Black shirts defense was nasty as hell too!

What’s worse? To have been dominant and not appear to be able to achieve again?
Or to never have been dominant and appear as though it will never happen?

I am still surprised that Felix Jones and McFadden didn't have better NFL careers.

I really thought Mcfadden was a can’t miss . He was a good NFL back but the injuries piled up on him . A lot easier running over college LB’s but ain’t quite the same game when your trying to do it against Ray Lewis .

Our 95 team plays Nebraska's 95 team, how many yards does Taneyhill throw for, how many yards does Nebraska run for against us, and what's the final score. QUOTE]

23 years ago, nice ... Very NICE.

My favorite BS, WTF does it matter, fantasy has always been:
What if some team had Mickey Mantle, Duke Snider and Willie Mays playing in the same outfield in 1956. Gotta keep the 3 New Yorkers but, how many other players would you trade for Hank Aaron, if he became available?

I am still surprised that Felix Jones and McFadden didn't have better NFL careers.

People forget that backfield also included Peyton Hillis who has a 1,000 yard season with the Browns. It also included Michael Smith who had over 1,000 yds the following year after Jones and McFadden left . Arguably the best backfield in SEC history. UGA and Auburn have had a few good ones too

Want to talk about getting obliterated by rushing? I remember Arkansas back in '07 having Felix Jones go for 166 yds and Darren McFaddin rushed for 321 against us. All told they had 542 on the ground and 109 through the air. Surprisingly, we only lost by 12 pts.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=273070008
Want to talk about getting obliterated by rushing? I remember Arkansas back in '07 having Felix Jones go for 166 yds and Darren McFaddin rushed for 321 against us. All told they had 542 on the ground and 109 through the air. Surprisingly, we only lost by 12 pts.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=273070008

That was the game Blake Mitchell threw for about 360 yards, it also might have been the game that Kenny McKinley(r.i.p) had the 14 catches for about 190 yards. They couldn't stop our pass, it was a question of which one would hold out longer, and on that night their game just lasted a little longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT