ADVERTISEMENT

2010-2013

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
We need to cherish our memories of these years, as this will always & forever be the high water marks of South Carolina football. It's quite the shame we didn't get over the hump, but it was still a very enjoyable ride.

1 SEC East Title
4 wins over Tillman
3 wins over UGa
3 wins over Florida
3 wins over Tennessee
3 bowl wins
Defeated the #1 team in the country in 2010
Had a #1 overall draft pick

But folks.........days like these are over & will never return.

Last edited:
We need to cherish our memories of these years, as this will always & forever be the high water marks of South Carolina football. It's quite the shame we didn't get over the hump, but it was still a very enjoyable ride.

1 SEC East Title
4 wins over Tillman
3 wins over UGa
3 wins over Florida
3 wins over Tennessee
3 bowl wins
Defeated the #1 team in the country in 2011

Because we didn’t pay to get out man.

1 SEC East Title
4 wins over Tillman
3 wins over UGa
3 wins over Florida
3 wins over Tennessee
3 bowl wins

Win over Bama was 2010.

And it was never going to be an overnight success here for Muschamp. Just needs to keep making incremental process and maybe we’ll get there.

Reactions: Judson1
Recruit 4 and 5 stars or nothing is going to change.
Shoot we should start looking for recruits in California. Other than Stanford and Southern Cal (ed. maybe also UCLA), how much shine does any other program in the state have when it comes to college football? We already know there are good, highly rated athletes in Southern California. Just sayin.

Also, I'm talking about spreading our net, not just focusing on one area.

Last edited:
Recruit 4 and 5 stars or nothing is going to change.

Post of this thread! People keep naming coaches but I guarantee you this. Had Kirby came here and Will went to UGA, we would’ve still lost. Coaches are the salt and pepper but the players are the meat n potatoes! And when UGA can sign 2 backs better than your 1 every freakin year. When 18 of your 22 starters aren’t even good enough to be pursued by them. What can you realistically expect?

1 SEC East Title
4 wins over Tillman
3 wins over UGa
3 wins over Florida
3 wins over Tennessee
3 bowl wins

Cold hard truth

Who was “our man”? Herman? Bloom seems to be off that rose. Prospects seem better long term with Muschamp, despite today’s performance.
I Support Coach Muschamp and I am acknowledging that patients is needed for the next few seasons, but today in the second half was devastating..

I feel like there will be at least one more game similar to today outcome on the horizon for South Carolina.

Shoot we should start looking for recruits in California. Other than Stanford and Southern Cal (ed. maybe also UCLA), how much shine does any other program in the state have when it comes to college football? We already know there are good, highly rated athletes in Southern California. Just sayin.

Also, I'm talking about spreading our net, not focusing on the area.

Clemsin has to recruit national to keep their talent up. So much so they largely ignore the state now. So much like the state of Georgia, we are currently signing mainly fall back guys for these two schools.
But “signing” national guys everyone wants seems impossible for us. Ole Miss did it and became good. But now we know how they did so.

Clemsin has to recruit national to keep their talent up. So much so they largely ignore the state now. So much like the state of Georgia, we are currently signing mainly fall back guys for these two schools.
But “signing” national guys everyone wants seems impossible for us. Ole Miss did it and became good. But now we know how they did so.
We can't just focus on the Carolinas with our recruiting, though. Getting another Lattimore or Clowney might not happen for another 25-30 years. The promise of playing time as a starter is something that appeals to recruits who might otherwise be a backup on a UGA or Clemmons team

Those years would still be here if Spurrier had known when to leave. Instead he stayed too long and jumped just before the crash.

This is the reason we are starting over. I like Spurrier. I appreciate what he did, but I also hate what he undid.

Lincoln Riley .... Willey Taggert... Scott Frost .... yeah they were no viable candidates

Willy Taggert? You mean the man that has somehow played one decent season at a directional school in Florida into not one, but two, power jobs? Did you watch his very talented FSU squad look like a JV team against VT. This won't end well for him at FSU.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I Support Coach Muschamp and I am acknowledging that patients is needed for the next few seasons, but today in the second half was devastating..

I feel like there will be at least one more game similar to today outcome on the horizon for South Carolina.
What do you mean by"on the horizon"?

And I know exactly when that is gonna be, unfortunately.

If klempson can do it then we sure as hell should be able to. No excuse for the mediocrity that we have had as a program.

Reactions: John2062
What do you mean by"on the horizon"?
Maybe I did not use the correct words to express my point, but what I wanted to say is before the season is over, South Carolina is likely to experience another defeat like what transpired today.

If klempson can do it then we sure as hell should be able to. No excuse for the mediocrity that we have had as a program.

Unfortunately their cheating title in 81, coupled with a weak schedule, and a salesman coach, enabled them to build what they have. Now that they and UGA have built it’s gonna be even tougher.

We can thank the SEC brass for that. They knew Spurrier had us contending for titles, saw a chance to derail us. They screwed us with the year they had us switch out Miss. St.(not so good then) for at LSU. Then they switched our permanent opponent from Arkansas, when everyone knew that A&M would vastly improve by recruiting the state of Texas with the SEC to offer. Name me another league that changed permanent opponents after being added to the league at the same time then letting 20 yrs. go by. I fully believe some of the people making those decisions were Georgia people - no evidence, just my opinion. So who wins the East the 2 yrs. we should have won - Missouri, of course. I know, some was self-induced, as we should have won anyway, except when we had at LSU and at Florida back-to-back. Why did we accomodate the SEC when Missouri wanted to come in? Other than offering us the invitation to join the conference, name me a decision by the conference that has directly benefited us.

We can thank the SEC brass for that. They knew Spurrier had us contending for titles, saw a chance to derail us. They screwed us with the year they had us switch out Miss. St.(not so good then) for at LSU. Then they switched our permanent opponent from Arkansas, when everyone knew that A&M would vastly improve by recruiting the state of Texas with the SEC to offer. Name me another league that changed permanent opponents after being added to the league at the same time then letting 20 yrs. go by. I fully believe some of the people making those decisions were Georgia people - no evidence, just my opinion. So who wins the East the 2 yrs. we should have won - Missouri, of course. I know, some was self-induced, as we should have won anyway, except when we had at LSU and at Florida back-to-back. Why did we accomodate the SEC when Missouri wanted to come in? Other than offering us the invitation to join the conference, name me a decision by the conference that has directly benefited us.

Or better yet. The league moved us vs UGA later because of expansion. Surprising but they did. So why did they move it back? What’s the reasoning?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT