ADVERTISEMENT

21-year-old-who-posted-about-not-social-distancing-gets-coronavirus

Yeah my daughter is pissed at us for refusing to let her go back to Columbia (she’s a Sophomore at USC). Or to allow her friends from school to meet her up at the lake house. I simply told her yesterday the world isn’t perfect and there is no magic fairy protecting you from getting into trouble. She says she’s a grown up and so we told her a grown up doesn’t go back to Columbia.

citizens arrest

Mayberry Law

we were all invincible between 16 & 23 ish, then reality grabs you and you go OH, I am not alone on this planet....

Yeah my daughter is pissed at us for refusing to let her go back to Columbia (she’s a Sophomore at USC). Or to allow her friends from school to meet her up at the lake house. I simply told her yesterday the world isn’t perfect and there is no magic fairy protecting you from getting into trouble. She says she’s a grown up and so we told her a grown up doesn’t go back to Columbia.

I know you don’t need reinforcement from a message board but you made the right call. You are possibly saving her life, your life and countless other lives.

This is going to get worse the next 2 months at a bare minimum. There’s no reason to go back and risk exposure.

Is she a grown-up, legally, I mean?

You are right. I have a 10th grader and a Freshman at UNC. My freshman started complaining a couple of days ago. I told him, as I have many times, there is no such thing as fair. It sucks. We all have to deal with it and we can't change it. He accepted it. It doesn't hurt that his friends parents are telling then the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT