ADVERTISEMENT

250 people max for college and high school football in SC

Mar 14, 2007
So will the players be counted in the 250 or have they said yet? At least some schools were doing 20% like Ohio St.

"They include festivals, parades, concerts, theaters, stadiums, arenas, coliseums, auditoriums, grandstands, amphitheaters, gymnasiums, concert halls, dance, halls, performing arts centers, parks, racetracks, or similarly operated entities.

These facilities cannot exceed 50% of the occupancy, or 250 persons, whichever is less, and must require masks or face coverings as a condition of admission or participation, according to the governor."
https://www.wyff4.com/article/live-...th-officials-give-coronavirus-update/33459266

It sounds like the High Schools have to provide a plan to the Department of Commerce and they can exceed the 250 limit if their plan is approved.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Parents should have first shot. Any plan should allow them a way to reserve tickets ahead of each game.

The 250 applies to indoor venues/events such as theaters, concert halls, etc. He has not made a decision about how attendance will be limited at outdoor athletic events.

"The latest reopenings will include allowing football games to go on if scheduled in the fall, McMaster said. He added, though, that he had no set idea of how many people would be allowed to attend."

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article244566997.html

The 250 applies to indoor venues/events such as theaters, concert halls, etc. He has not made a decision about how attendance will be limited at outdoor athletic events.

"The latest reopenings will include allowing football games to go on if scheduled in the fall, McMaster said. He added, though, that he had no set idea of how many people would be allowed to attend."

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article244566997.html

I dont see anything that says it applied only to indoor events . This was the exact wording, this is half outside venues. Where are you getting that information?

"In Wednesday’s executive order, McMaster also announced entertainment-like venues such as stadiums, festivals, movie theaters, parades, concerts, arenas, coliseums, auditoriums, grandstands, amphitheaters, gymnasiums, concert halls, dancehalls, performing arts centers, racetracks can reopen for business on August 3. However, these businesses must operate at 50% or less capacity or cannot have crowds of more than 250 people. "

Racetracks, stadiums, ampitheaters, and festivals are all outside. Surely there isnt science exempting some outdoor events from others

I dont see anything that says it applied only to indoor events . This was the exact wording, this is half outside venues. Where are you getting that information?

"In Wednesday’s executive order, McMaster also announced entertainment-like venues such as stadiums, festivals, movie theaters, parades, concerts, arenas, coliseums, auditoriums, grandstands, amphitheaters, gymnasiums, concert halls, dancehalls, performing arts centers, racetracks can reopen for business on August 3. However, these businesses must operate at 50% or less capacity or cannot have crowds of more than 250 people. "

Racetracks, stadiums, ampitheaters, and festivals are all outside. Surely there isnt science exempting some outdoor events from others
He was quoted in the article I linked that he has no set idea of how many people will be able to attend football games. He knows full well that limiting football games to 250 attendees is unrealistic, especially for college football.

The colleges can work around this because of the TV money. High schools? That is a different scenario altogether. Your Dutch Fork, Dorman, River Bluff types that have money, or big booster clubs can absorb the financial blow of losing the football gate. But there are many high schools in this state that arent so lucky. They count on money generated by the football gate to not only pay for football, but other sports as well that don't attract much, if any, of a paying gate. Maybe school districts, or the state could allocate extra money to cover sports. But I doubt it with all of the other things draining government cash at this time.

The PC itself, and the immediate press release, was a bit confusing. But I think it has been clarified now.

This is my best guess. There will be 5 empty seats between you (and your family) and the next person or family. To me that sounds like 15 - 20,000 per game. If they take away visitors seating and reallocate to season ticket holders it might be a little more than that. Every season ticket holder will be able to attend at least 1 home game. Maybe 2 - with preference given to large donors.

The colleges can work around this because of the TV money. High schools? That is a different scenario altogether. Your Dutch Fork, Dorman, River Bluff types that have money, or big booster clubs can absorb the financial blow of losing the football gate. But there are many high schools in this state that arent so lucky. They count on money generated by the football gate to not only pay for football, but other sports as well that don't attract much, if any, of a paying gate. Maybe school districts, or the state could allocate extra money to cover sports. But I doubt it with all of the other things draining government cash at this time.

Correct.

High school athletic programs would be devastated.

As the father of a high school band student, marching bands also depend on football night revenue for their programs (concessions, etc).

At my son's school, the band works and gets to keep the profits from concessions. It's a considerable part of their budget- and the marching bands at many of these high schools is DOUBLE, even TRIPLE the size of the football team.

So it impacts a lot of students.

I'm not advocating for full stadiums. I want the health and science to dictate how things occur. But it's worrisome.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Correct.

High school athletic programs would be devastated.

As the father of a high school band student, marching bands also depend on football night revenue for their programs (concessions, etc).

At my son's school, the band works and gets to keep the profits from concessions. It's a considerable part of their budget- and the marching bands at many of these high schools is DOUBLE, even TRIPLE the size of the football team.

So it impacts a lot of students.

I'm not advocating for full stadiums. I want the health and science to dictate how things occur. But it's worrisome.
Smalls and his Golf Team do too.

He was quoted in the article I linked that he has no set idea of how many people will be able to attend football games. He knows full well that limiting football games to 250 attendees is unrealistic, especially for college football.
Looks like it’s up to each event to develop their own plan.

• Social distancing at Williams-Brice

A social distancing plan must be in place for Williams-Brice Stadium to have a capacity of more than 250 people according to the executive order from the South Carolina Governor's Office. School officials are developing a plan to account for social distancing at home football games, which will significantly impact the number of fans that can attend these events.

Because of that, fulfilling season tickets in a traditional manner cannot occur. Once a final decision has been made on the social distancing plan, South Carolina will communicate updated ticketing procedures. Information related to refund and investment options will be communicated next week.

I think that, when they look at his closer, the 250 cap for football or other outside athletic events will be raised. Some schools - Lancaster is one - have very large stadiums. Using both sides of the stadium, social distancing could be observed in Lancaster even if a regular-size crowd showed up.

I think that, when they look at his closer, the 250 cap for football or other outside athletic events will be raised. Some schools - Lancaster is one - have very large stadiums. Using both sides of the stadium, social distancing could be observed in Lancaster even if a regular-size crowd showed up.
If high schools can have graduation for a 400+ student Senior Class with 2-4 guests per student, in their football stadium, with social distancing, they can easily host football games with more than 250 people.

Meanwhile, for the last 4 months, if average Joe's family member dies, his family doesnt even get to have a funeral due to Covid regulations determined by hypocrite politicians. But when a politician dies, other politicians are allowed to grandstand politically on their grave and suddenly, its ok to gather people in close quarters and not follow the rules that average Joe is forced to follow. Typical political hypocrisy. Nothing I hate worse these days than a politician. They are just a rung below child molesters.

Reactions: SmokinStokesBBQ
Meanwhile, for the last 4 months, if average Joe's family member dies, his family doesnt even get to have a funeral due to Covid regulations determined by hypocrite politicians. But when a politician dies, other politicians are allowed to grandstand politically on their grave and suddenly, its ok to gather people in close quarters and not follow the rules that average Joe is forced to follow. Typical political hypocrisy. Nothing I hate worse these days than a politician. They are just a rung below child molesters.
I watched John Lewis' funeral. Other than family members, those in attendance were socially distanced in an appropriate manner. The church holds well over 2,000 people and there were fewer than 500 in attendance. Everyone, including former Presidents, socially distanced and wore masks except when giving their eulogy.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I watched John Lewis' funeral. Other than family members, those in attendance were socially distanced in an appropriate manner. The church holds well over 2,000 people and there were fewer than 500 in attendance. Everyone, including former Presidents, socially distanced and wore masks except when giving their eulogy.
I swiped through the video of it and apparently, you and I were not watching the same funeral. Those people are packed into those pews. There aint no social distancing happening there. Sure, the little lemmings are all wearing their masks but are sitting on top of each other.
Do you know anyone that has passed away in the last 6 months? I do. We couldnt have a damn funeral for them because the state would not allow it. Yet these hypocrites can prance around and grandstand and lie through their teeth at the funeral of their little democrat buddy. Pure hypocrisy and BS.

I swiped through the video of it and apparently, you and I were not watching the same funeral. Those people are packed into those pews. There aint no social distancing happening there. Sure, the little lemmings are all wearing their masks but are sitting on top of each other.
Do you know anyone that has passed away in the last 6 months? I do. We couldnt have a damn funeral for them because the state would not allow it. Yet these hypocrites can prance around and grandstand and lie through their teeth at the funeral of their little democrat buddy. Pure hypocrisy and BS.
Another example of people seeing what they want to or just assuming things without actually seeing the video.

Many funerals continue use to occur. It’s not unique to politicians.

heck, Trump had his rally. Herman Cain didn’t wear a mask and did not socially distance. Of course...

Just had the Lewis funeral on tv.

Many funerals continue use to occur. It’s not unique to politicians.

heck, Trump had his rally. Herman Cain didn’t wear a mask and did not socially distance. Of course...

Just had the Lewis funeral on tv.
You do not know what you are talking about. There were several months were public funerals were not allowed. Period. Whats more, 99% of the time, its the democraps who are lecturing every one else about social distancing, yet absolutely were not doing that at the Lewis funeral.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pho...biw=1280&bih=620&dpr=1.5#imgrc=e327g50F-bmlQM

If you look at the Twitter picture I think you can see the section in the CNN photo, it’s in the upper part of the photo. In that section people are seated staggered and 6 feet apart. Then everywhere else they a seated together in a normal fashion.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
You do not know what you are talking about. There were several months were public funerals were not allowed. Period. Whats more, 99% of the time, its the democraps who are lecturing every one else about social distancing, yet absolutely were not doing that at the Lewis funeral.

My retired father works at a funeral home part time

Funerals have continued to occur. I don’t care if you believe it or not. It’s irrelevant to reality

My retired father works at a funeral home part time

Funerals have continued to occur. I don’t care if you believe it or not. It’s irrelevant to reality
Once again, you are the one denying reality. My dad is a pastor who performs funerals all the time. For about 6 weeks, they were not allowing public funerals. The families were denied graveside services.

Once again, you are the one denying reality. My dad is a pastor who performs funerals all the time. For about 6 weeks, they were not allowing public funerals. The families were denied graveside services.

Some funeral homes did essentially shut down

some CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY didn’t and I could name them on here right now if I wanted to get them in trouble. One is a particular one in the upstate. But I won’t do that.

And it wouldn’t take much research to tell who they were (hint hint) but I’m not going down that road.

just realize you are wrong and just because a pastor doesn’t get work at some funeral homes doesn’t doesn’t mean all are shut down and not carrying on quietly. I promise.

Gov. Goober: “Now it’s a law, not just a recommendation, that you must follow the guidelines and recommendations...“

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT