ADVERTISEMENT

49° here in Greer....

When I was a younger my dads best buddy's son went there for a visit. He came home packed his stuff up moved there, and never returned to SC.
Ha! One of the advantages, I guess, of being young and untethered. There has been a lot of that over the years in Montana. People saw "A River Runs Through It" and immediately decided to move out here. The problem is, not one scene in that movie takes place in the winter or even references the winter. There's not a lot of fly-fishing to be done when it's -40 outside.

It's 47 currently(6:10am)here in Lancaster. Hope we get an early frost so grass cutting duty goes away and weed killing duty and Fire Ant mound duty.

Reactions: TAV31 and jeff2001
53° here in the lowcountry. Me and the dogs got a little extra pep in our step this morning. Feels amazing. Unfortunately we got 86° coming next Wednesday, but let's enjoy today.

It's 47 currently(6:10am)here in Lancaster. Hope we get an early frost so grass cutting duty goes away and weed killing duty and Fire Ant mound duty.
I actually slowed down and let my mower piss off the ant mounds yesterday while cutting grass. Haha. I'm going to dump some poison on them this morning. They should have the mounds rebuilt by now. Ants and how they live are amazing creatures, but they need to at least stay off my property.

Ha! One of the advantages, I guess, of being young and untethered. There has been a lot of that over the years in Montana. People saw "A River Runs Through It" and immediately decided to move out here. The problem is, not one scene in that movie takes place in the winter or even references the winter. There's not a lot of fly-fishing to be done when it's -40 outside.
Seriously. -40 below ? How do you start your car....lol

Seriously. -40 below ? How do you start your car....lol
You don't scrimp on your car batteries, that's for sure. To avoid long-term damage to the engine after repeated sub-zero starts, you either park in your garage or you use an engine block heater and plug the car in overnight. -40 only happens once or twice a winter around here, but the winters are LONG. We usually hit our first sub-zero lows in October and last year, we hit -20 in March.

I also own two sets of tires for every vehicle; a "4-season" set that I run from May until about October, and softer winter tires with metal studs that I run from about late October until late April. The metal studs make a huge difference on the snow and ice.

Reactions: jeff2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT