ADVERTISEMENT

82% of all TV programs viewed in 2022 were the NFL

Mainstream is great if you want to see stories about Jill Biden reading to school kids or something. Better yet, as soon as you can link me to an ABC or CNN reporter asking our president a tough question or follow up question I’ll give them another try. Link me to a Hunter Biden deep dive by them. You can’t. So that only leaves one conclusion….they are helping to hide something. So it’s not news anymore.

I choose mainstream outlets not because they are perfect, or because they are always right- or because they always focus on the stories I like, or even cover them the way I think they should...

I choose them because the alternatives are so over the top biased and so over the top bat sh$t crazy- often working directly for partisan political campaigns- or even appearing at campaign rallies or consulting with political parties behind the scenes, they just aren't an option.

I honestly could care less about the NFL and what they sell. The figures posted looked suspect and that's why I commented. Several people did the same.

No one cares about your opinion of the NFL. The figures posted are 100% more legit than anything you post.

A walk into a Columbia, SC sports bar (not exactly an NFL town) on a Sunday evening will show anyone with any sense the reality of the popularity of the NFL.

This reality hit me in the fact last season when I was in Milwaukee and happened to eat lunch on a Sunday afternoon thinking I would easily get a table and then realizing that the place was way past overcrowded because of NFL games on the tvs.

"Thursday Night Football on Prime Video got off to a great start this year, hitting new ratings highs for the Amazon streamer’s NFL coverage.

Thursday’s season opener, a Week 2 matchup between the Minnesota Vikings and the Philadelphia Eagles, averaged 16.6 million viewers across all media platforms, making it the most-watched Thursday Night Football game ever on the streaming service.

Total viewership was up 16% over last year’s opener, and the game also drew more viewers last night than anything on broadcast or cable, even ranking as the week’s highest-rated program among viewers 18-34 across all of broadcast and cable.

Amazon says they are thrilled with the performance of TNF."

No one cares about your opinion of the NFL. The figures posted are 100% more legit than anything you post.

A walk into a Columbia, SC sports bar (not exactly an NFL town) on a Sunday evening will show anyone with any sense the reality of the popularity of the NFL.

This reality hit me in the fact last season when I was in Milwaukee and happened to eat lunch on a Sunday afternoon thinking I would easily get a table and then realizing that the place was way past overcrowded because of NFL games on the tvs.

"Thursday Night Football on Prime Video got off to a great start this year, hitting new ratings highs for the Amazon streamer’s NFL coverage.

Thursday’s season opener, a Week 2 matchup between the Minnesota Vikings and the Philadelphia Eagles, averaged 16.6 million viewers across all media platforms, making it the most-watched Thursday Night Football game ever on the streaming service.

Total viewership was up 16% over last year’s opener, and the game also drew more viewers last night than anything on broadcast or cable, even ranking as the week’s highest-rated program among viewers 18-34 across all of broadcast and cable.

Amazon says they are thrilled with the performance of TNF."

Dude, you can be a total fool at times. This is one of those times. If you want to buy (or take) something when a company/provider has acquired all sides of the equation.....be my guest.

Most of us apply due diligence -- especially after the last few years. Your NFL eye test is about as useful as that one nurse at Prisma.

"I know they're telling the truth. Why? Because they say so!" 😂

Last edited:
If you're corporation wants to spend $20mil+ on advertising during the NFL games, you wouldn't want to see numbers that have nothing to do with that one single outfit who is selling you the advertising? To complicate matters, they aren't disclosing this fact. They are instead using shell/satellite companies to deceive the customer into believing the company providing the stats are independent. The Nielsen TV ratings were once independent that most trusted. Now Blackrock owns them too but most people would have no clue.

Also, what if you learned that same corporation had been sued for fraud over and over again and had demonstrated that they simply don't care? They just pay the whatever damages and continue to operate in that same fashion?

You're correct that you could simply walk away in this case IF you track down the fact the company has both sides of the deal and the numbers are potentially cooked. There's no other vendor or means to verify so your company's only choice is forgo advertising on the NFL networks. They'll continue to get advertising from suckers who trust they are operating in good faith.

However, this setup becomes hazardous for society as whole when you apply it to industries where reliability and public safety are of great concern -- such as car sales, medicine, news reporting, food etc. This has nothing to do with politics. We're watching this play out in real time with the pandemic response. These same companies are at the center of this issue.

This is the exact reason we have anti-trust laws. However, our government is now in their pocket too.
The question doubters should ask is why would BlackRock take a big position a smaller independent company who was providing TV ratings in the first place? It's not as if the TV ratings business is a cash cow if you are operating in good faith. It was obviously done to control the narrative and this shouldn't be able to happen in a healthy functioning society.

The CEO of Blackrock, Larry Fink, was discussing the Anheiser-Busch situation not too long ago. He mentioned that some people need to be nudged in the right direction and they are in a position to do that. Busch's "woke" campaign did great damage to the brand and their bottom line. The stock is still around 40% of what it once was. Fink postures as a philanthropist while his subsidaries had built in layered shorts over the course of many months on Anheiser-Busch stock. We've seen this with many other companies they hold too. All of those companies you mentioned need to be broken up and monitored.

Reactions: Ward Jr
The question doubters should ask is why would BlackRock take a big position a smaller independent company who was providing TV ratings in the first place? It's not as if the TV ratings business is a cash cow if you are operating in good faith. It was obviously done to control the narrative and this shouldn't be able to happen in a healthy functioning society.

The CEO of Blackrock, Larry Fink, was discussing the Anheiser-Busch situation not too long ago. He mentioned that some people need to be nudged in the right direction and they are in a position to do that. Busch's "woke" campaign did great damage to the brand and their bottom line. The stock is still around 40% of what it once was. Fink postures as a philanthropist while his subsidaries had built in layered shorts over the course of many months on Anheiser-Busch stock. We've seen this with many other companies they hold too. All of those companies you mentioned need to be broken up and monitored.

Yep. They view it as business as usual and it's not at all. This has all materialized in the last 5 years or so and they have been planning decades.

https://commonreader.wustl.edu/how-a-company-called-blackrock-shapes-your-news-your-life-our-future/

Dude, you can be a total fool at times. This is one of those times. If you want to buy (or take) something when a company/provider has acquired all sides of the equation.....be my guest.

Most of us apply due diligence -- especially after the last few years. Your NFL eye test is about as useful as that one nurse at Prisma.

"I know they're telling the truth. Why? Because they say so!" 😂

You are a conspiracy nut job.

NFL ratings are what they are- everyone realizes they are in a league of their own at the very top and that doesn't change because you don't like it and are ignorant enough to think people that are still whining about the national anthem got their sensitive feelings upset. In fact, it's fun to see them so damn successful because snowflakes like you whine about it. LOL

Last edited:

The phony part about statements like yours is that we have hundreds of examples of powerful companies controlling narratives - right up to controlling Congress (Oil and gas industry as just one example) and the thing that seems to upset some is a phony conspiracy that tv ratings are manipulated by one company to increase NFL ratings

that's what pushes you and a conspiracy nut like Ward over the edge.

LOL

comedy cold.

You are a conspiracy nut job.

NFL ratings are what they are- everyone realizes they are in a league of their own at the very top and that doesn't change because you don't like it and are ignorant enough to think people that are still whining about the national anthem got their sensitive feelings upset. In fact, it's fun to see them so damn successful because snowflakes like you whine about it. LOL

Keep on being you Dave. No one is stating the numbers are definitively false or true. This can't be done when one set of self-serving companies has cornered the market and also is providing the data.

We have a catalog of your greatest hits from your alleged conspiracies over the last few years. You've been on the wrong side of history more than any other individual on this site.

I seriously doubt that 82 of the 100 most-watched shows in 2022 were the NFL. The NFL lost a lot of viewers when they disrespected our the Flag and National Anthem, bashed America, promoted BLM racism and associated rioting, and joined the war on police and public safety.

Mainstream TV is a shell of what it once was -- so it's logical that LIVE primetime shows on the big networks have taken a hit with streaming. However, they have ways to carving up ratings in an attempt to pump interest.

Blackrock and Fidelity now hold the majority interest in SI and Sportico (below). They also are intimately connected to the NFL and other professional sports leagues via Fanatics and other outlets. And they conveniently own all the channels the NFL is broadcast on.

This reeks of glad-handing. We need these companies broken up badly. They are not playing fair at all and it's certainly not in the public's best interest or safety:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/11/bla...ports-illustrated-owner-authentic-brands.html

https://techcrunch.com/2022/04/06/f...as-it-evolves-into-a-digital-sports-platform/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/24/business/blackrock-vanguard-state-street-biden/index.html
Or, maybe you overrated how many people actually give a crap about that nonsense you spit. Most reasonable people when they disagreed, they just ignored it rather than go on social media and bluster about something where no one cared to listen to their opinions on. It's like the people that go on and on about not watching the NBA because of how poor the product is but haven't watched a game since the 80s. Let it go already. Watch the NFL or don't, but don't assume your tired opinions on race or racism are the same as the majority of people. They aren't, and the numbers clearly show that.

Reactions: DeeDave
Or, maybe you overrated how many people actually give a crap about that nonsense you spit. Most reasonable people when they disagreed, they just ignored it rather than go on social media and bluster about something where no one cared to listen to their opinions on. It's like the people that go on and on about not watching the NBA because of how poor the product is but haven't watched a game since the 80s. Let it go already. Watch the NFL or don't, but don't assume your tired opinions on race or racism are the same as the majority of people. They aren't, and the numbers clearly show that.

So you're a champion of BLM and the associated riots? You're also a champion of defunding the police?

If you haven't paid attention, both of those went over like a lead balloon.

I'm not a fan of racism. I'm also not a fan of reverse racism.

Your profile name aptly fits you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT