ADVERTISEMENT

A few recruiting notes on Jazian Gortman

C

Collyn Taylor

Had a chance to talk with top 50 player in the country and Gamecock target Jazian Gortman Saturday after he went off for 25 points and 12 rebounds for Keenan in his first game of the season (after Keenan had two quarantine periods).

He mentioned hearing from South Carolina every week and the message has been pretty consistent since they started showing interest with them wanting him to get on campus for a visit once the NCAA allows for that. I would say he likely takes a visit to South Carolina at some point, whether officially or unofficially. Bruce Shingler is taking the lead on his recruitment.

"I think it's pretty good. I know a couple players down there in Trae Hannibal and Seventh Woods," he said about the program. "I feel like they've been showing me love and really want me in their program."

Gortman just got offered by Providence Friday night and said he's getting interest from Georgia, Missouri and Pittsburgh along with South Carolina and a few others. He did mention growing up Clemson was his "dream school" but I don't know how much that'll factor into his decision. Gortman's aunt, Shaunzinski Gortman, played for the women's basketball team in the late 90s and early 2000s.

He said staying home and playing for an in-state school (South Carolina or Clemson) will somewhat factor into his decision but it won't be the biggest determining factor.

Gortman went from unranked this summer to the No. 40 in the 2022 class and a four-star prospect. He's the second-highest ranked recruit in the state behind Julian Phillips (No. 34 overall).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News