ADVERTISEMENT

A few takes on recruiting class

Yellowfin

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2002
It all starts with a QB. We got one of the top 2-3 in the country. Time will tell how well they develop but based on leadership and kind of kid Ryan appears to be, I can't imagine him doing anything less than everything.

Clemson is set for 2 years last injury. UTK has an under-rated starter with 2 years and got an average guy this year but is perilously thin. UGA still has Fromm but who then. UF has a perfect qb for system. These are teams we have to concern ourselves with and at most important position we are now in better position than last year by comparison

I'll add. Clemson may be getting #1 in country next year but we may get #2 in Doty. I am hyper excited by his progression this year as a forst year starter. He definitely isn't just a runner or even run first guy already. He uses his feet to put defenses off balance and there's nothing a defender can do in those situations

Steal of class. J Moore. Wolfy is great at identifying kids early and knows what he wants. I dont blame other coaches jumping on his offers with follow ups. if you don't believe coaches pay attention to who certain coaches offer and immediately put focus on them....

if I were to say one kid in class out side of our top 3-4 would be playing Sundays it would be him.

Nobody talks about Mullins If he is a wide out, you better be one of the most physical.dbs in the country to.deal.with him. He could play LB but runs well enough to be a WR and has great hands.

Kid may end up as a LB but I could see Otre him and Shi being starting set after Edwards leaves. I love kids from Memphis. Reminds me of kids from the muck and RH they just sorta have a different edge to them. plus the kid works like Hilinski and Doty on Twitterverse to lure kids here

Finally. The sleeper pick. Legette. These hidden players that have to play out of position because they are the best option at QB.. RIP Kenny.

A baseball scout I worked with(found Mike Schmidt) told memhe always looked at SS first when scouting HS. Said they always put best athlete and arm there for the teams sake even if he was a RF projection. Same with QB

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News