ADVERTISEMENT

A list of the recent Clemson commits that they’re fan base is drooling over!

May 10, 2016
Gilbert, SC
1 other power 5 offer
Zero power 5 committ offers at this point (no room)
Zero power 5 commit offers at this point (no room)
Zero power 5 offers
2 ACC power 5 offers
Well done Dabo, well done!

Reactions: LegalTiger
A few weeks ago we were bragging about being higher ranked than them. Now they pass us with adding these kids and we make fun of them for these kids but they're ranked ahead of us.

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
Stars don’t mean anything right tater trolls!
BTW, they’re 2 5 star commits weren’t 5 stars when they committed, but magically Clemsons backup plan at QB is the number 1 QB. Hmmmm. https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/cade-klubnik-no-5-qb-2022-class-announces-commitment/amp https://www.si.com/college/clemson/.amp/recruiting/cade-klubnik-pumped-finally-receive-clemson-offer
I hate to tell you but I don't think this helps your cause any. He seems like a great kid.

Reactions: GMClemson33
Stars don’t mean anything right tater trolls!
BTW, they’re 2 5 star commits weren’t 5 stars when they committed, but magically Clemsons backup plan at QB is the number 1 QB. Hmmmm. https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/cade-klubnik-no-5-qb-2022-class-announces-commitment/amp https://www.si.com/college/clemson/.amp/recruiting/cade-klubnik-pumped-finally-receive-clemson-offer
Dont think there was much magic involved. Between being a 4 star and getting upgraded to a 5 star he won the Elite 11. Went undefeated in Texas HS 6A for the second straight year with 43 TD passes and only 3 INTs(35 TDs and 3 INTs his Junior year) and killed it on national TV in the all star game. IMO he takes the starting job by game 2 or 3 of DJ doesnt show a massive improvement.

Reactions: Macc Maine
Dont think there was much magic involved. Between being a 4 star and getting upgraded to a 5 star he won the Elite 11. Went undefeated in Texas HS 6A for the second straight year with 43 TD passes and only 3 INTs(35 TDs and 3 INTs his Junior year) and killed it on national TV in the all star game. IMO he takes the starting job by game 2 or 3 of DJ doesnt show a massive improvement.
He takes the job in game two from the guy that threw 48 TDs to 2 INTs as a senior in high school on the way to winning the California state championship playing 7A ball?

He takes the job in game two from the guy that threw 48 TDs to 2 INTs as a senior in high school on the way to winning the California state championship playing 7A ball?
Ok let me expand on it. IF he can come in and be at least a game manager and make the basic throws that for some reason DJ COULD NOT MAKE all season he will take the job. That also depends on if DJ can get his stuff together or not.

Last edited:
Ok let me expand on it. IF he can come in and be at least a game manager and make the basic throws that for some reason DJ COUNT NOT MAKE all season he will take the job. That also depends on if DJ can get his stuff together or not.
I'll accept that one.

I don’t think Clemson was near ready for the NIL/transfer portal chaos and losing Venebles hurt this year. But it’ll be interesting to see how their recruiting goes moving forward. I don’t see that chubby kid who is running their D now bringing in those monster DL.

Their fans and our fans can spin it any way they like, but reality is Dabo and Clemson are struggling to finish off this class. 3 of the 5 recent commits mentioned above are legacies - Turner, McCloud, and Lawson. They would have had to walk on in years past. FACT!

1 other power 5 offer
Zero power 5 committ offers at this point (no room)
Zero power 5 commit offers at this point (no room)
Zero power 5 offers
2 ACC power 5 offers
Well done Dabo, well done!
I am confused. So the Kaylon guy you say has zero p5 offers….yet the link show Miss St BC FSU etc as offers. Splain it to me Lucy.

PS: I do hope it’s crap news for the taters though…

A few weeks ago we were bragging about being higher ranked than them. Now they pass us with adding these kids and we make fun of them for these kids but they're ranked ahead of us.

If I recall, you got hammered pretty hard for saying this exact thing would happen.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I did indeed.

It kills me that being realistic is considered being a “tater”. It just shows how far we’ve fallen.
Spinning however you want but Clemson did in fact slip big time in 2022 recruiting. It typically doesn’t show until a couple years down the road. Especially if Dabo continue to treat the portal like a John.

Spinning however you want but Clemson did in fact slip big time in 2022 recruiting. It typically doesn’t show until a couple years down the road. Especially if Dabo continue to treat the portal like a John.
I don't disagree with this one bit. I'm ecstatic they're not recruiting at the level they have the past few years.

The issue was our fans claiming we were actually recruiting better than them for months. Clemson getting worse doesn't make me feel better about us not getting better at recruiting.

Reactions: Follyboy 56
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT