ADVERTISEMENT

A REAL idea to turn our program around

street larry

Nov 12, 2018
The old BA
Hear me out...

We start cheating our little hearts out! Paying players, fake classes, PEDs, the whole she-bang! I see this working out in two ways, both of which are positive!

Outcome 1: We dominate the SEC east yearly, reign victorious is Atlanta, and then face those Clemson taters in the national championship over the next decade for multiple shots at the title.

Outcome 2: We are given an SMU-style death penalty from the NCAA, allowing us to never have to experience the woes and heartbreak of USC football ever again!

Both seem like positives to me no matter how the cards fall. What do you say, folks?

Hear me out...

We start cheating our little hearts out! Paying players, fake classes, PEDs, the whole she-bang! I see this working out in two ways, both of which are positive!

Outcome 1: We dominate the SEC east yearly, reign victorious is Atlanta, and then face those Clemson taters in the national championship over the next decade for multiple shots at the title.

Outcome 2: We are given an SMU-style death penalty from the NCAA, allowing us to never have to experience the woes and heartbreak of USC football ever again!

Both seem like positives to me no matter how the cards fall. What do you say, folks?
Only one problem with that. SMU still suffers the woes of SMU football.

Hear me out...

Smells like a tater.

Ask the taters if its bothering them at all.
That's what IMMEDIATELY came to my mind. Ask them (and the rest of the country) about the 1981 CFB championship - the answer will be Clemson. Not the team that cheated their way to the championship - ill-gotten - just that they 'won' it. People have short memories, and are blind to the asterisks in the record books.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That's what IMMEDIATELY came to my mind. Ask them (and the rest of the country) about the 1981 CFB championship - the answer will be Clemson. Not the team that cheated their way to the championship - ill-gotten - just that they 'won' it. People have short memories, and are blind to the asterisks in the record books.
Bingo. Either you play the game or quit. The NCAA has zero interest in leveling the playing field. We play in the NCAA. You either cheat or you embrace losing.

Reactions: 92Pony
I wouldn't want to cheer for a program that is thoroughly corrupt. But just for the sake of argument, how do you know we're not cheating like crazy right now?

There’s really no deterrent for using PEDs, “convincing“ players to stay another year (risking injury and millions thru TWELVE or more games, not just one bowl game), hidden slush fund accounts awarded after leaving college, sexual favors, no real classes, cars, houses, jobs for the family, etc, etc. So what, if you are caught 5-10 years after the fact and you “forfeit” the titles and trophies. The fans and the players got a helluva ride and you’ve built a winning atmosphere! The poor universities and fans that came in second or lower get none of that.

We will NEVER see the death penalty or real serious deterrents from the NCAA again, so why continue to be clean. Many, many teams and universities know it doesn’t matter anymore. Football and basketball are not amateur sports, it’s semi-pro. As in some pay and some don’t. Some have turned cheating into an art form yet are still admired and celebrated. It’s often described as creating a “Culture”. We need to wake up and push the envelope or get left behind. Wait a tick.....look around.

There’s really no deterrent for using PEDs, “convincing“ players to stay another year (risking injury and millions thru TWELVE or more games, not just one bowl game), hidden slush fund accounts awarded after leaving college, sexual favors, no real classes, cars, houses, jobs for the family, etc, etc. So what, if you are caught 5-10 years after the fact and you “forfeit” the titles and trophies. The fans and the players got a helluva ride and you’ve built a winning atmosphere! The poor universities and fans that came in second or lower get none of that.

We will NEVER see the death penalty or real serious deterrents from the NCAA again, so why continue to be clean. Many, many teams and universities know it doesn’t matter anymore. Football and basketball are not amateur sports, it’s semi-pro. As in some pay and some don’t. Some have turned cheating into an art form yet are still admired and celebrated. It’s often described as creating a “Culture”. We need to wake up and push the envelope or get left behind. Wait a tick.....look around.
Might as well just play all players. That will level the playing field more than it is right now. Most of the best kids will play in the SEC (where there's the most money). And there'll be a few other schools that also do well.

Oh wait, that's how it is now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT