ADVERTISEMENT

A story on MSN of why we should beware of Recruit Rankings

No better example of how the star rating can be totally manipulated, and how completely arbitrary the system can be.

I think it definitely illustrates how offers can influence stars rather than vice versa, i.e.- if a kid has an Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. offer, they will be rated higher.

Well, shouldn't they? Muschamps says he knows more than some recruiting site guys evaluators. Wouldn't these teams know more, too? Let's be honest Saban knows more than these evaluators and Muschamps combined.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Well, shouldn't they? Muschamps says he knows more than some recruiting site guys evaluators. Wouldn't these teams know more, too? Let's be honest Saban knows more than these evaluators and Muschamps combined.

Saban is second only to the creator, or so all the sports networks lead us believe, and in parts of Bama, they believe he is the creator

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Yeah I'd say that's accurate. If you took "Top 25 Coaches" in US and made them permanent recruit rankers, I'd say the rankings would be more accurate than they currently are.

Saw this yesterday. Awesome story. Jealous I didn't think of this in high school or college.

A few years back, some kid held a presser at his high school and announced that he accepted an offer from Stanford and committed to them. Only problem was Stanford never offered. I don't think any school offered him.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT