ADVERTISEMENT

A very cool Gamecock football stat from NCAA Twitter feed

Gradstudent

Feb 11, 2006
Sorry if repeat, sent 12/26

Ok, I know we care about wins and losses, but this is pretty cool, after all I have heard a University does have another function besides football, we need all the help in recruiting and rebuilding this thing.

from NCAA twitter

NCAA_primaryc_bigger.gif

DYK? There are six bowl teams with a Graduation Success Rate of at least 90%.

C0nvRHcUsAAwCp4.jpg

Great I guess but none of those schools are winning national championships anytime soon.

Reactions: Lakecock1

Ok, I know we care about wins and losses, but this is pretty cool, after all I have heard a University does have another function besides football, we need all the help in recruiting and rebuilding this thing.

from NCAA twitter

NCAA_primaryc_bigger.gif

C0nvRHcUsAAwCp4.jpg
Shocked that Vandy didn't make it. Other than UCF, the rest don't surprise me.

Surprised about Vandy too. Makes me wonder about the veracity of the tweet. Also, you're telling me Navy doesn't have a better graduation rate than Carolina?
Yeah, didn't think about the military academies. You'd think their's would be danged close to 100%.

I thought those were already accounted for if they complete their degree within a certain number of years.
Some are. The ones that dont fast track and do it in time don't. Some finish later when the NFL doesn't pan out.
Either way that is a very good state to have as a Gamecock fan. So many people forget the main goal ofor a University is education. It's nice to see them graduate football players at that impressive of a rate

I wonder if they put their arrest warrants in the same case.

Hell no...They need a separate case for them. Too many!

from NCAA twitter

NCAA_primaryc_bigger.gif

C0nvRHcUsAAwCp4.jpg
So where is the upstate team on this list.

Click on the "annual academic ranking" in the text of the article and you can read the convoluted use of federal rankings, GSR and assumptions that the think tank uses to come up with these "revised" rankings.

Base numbers show Clemson with a GSR of 84% and a federal graduation rate of 79%, which was equal to the overall MALE student body...so they got extra credit for that per an assumption of the think tank. It also included only those schools ranked in the top-25.

And I am absolutely sure that Dabo will use this as a recruiting tool without disclosing the limited nature of the study and the base data.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT