ADVERTISEMENT

According to 90% of Carolina Fans on FGF, we're going to lose to UGA

Well, if that's the case... Then just sit back and relax and enjoy the game... You know the outcome and you can enjoy watching the game without having a panic attack...

Hell! Perry Orth may just surprise the hell out of UGA and 90% of the Carolina fans...
I would hope you are right but my best guess is that 10% will be wrong come Sunday morning....

I'm not confident enough to think that SC will win, but I'm also not ready to concede defeat either. A lot of things will have to go our way, but I think we have a puncher's chance in this game.
IMO, it certainly looked like the coaches and players had more confidence in Orth, than they had in Mitch last week. The play calling changed after Orth entered the game, and after a few successful completions, the offensive energy seemed to change as well. If the team goes in with a little confidence, then we have a shot. If they go in scared, then it's over already.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
I'm not confident enough to think that SC will win, but I'm also not ready to concede defeat either. A lot of things will have to go our way, but I think we have a puncher's chance in this game.
IMO, it certainly looked like the coaches and players had more confidence in Orth, than they had in Mitch last week. The play calling changed after Orth entered the game, and after a few successful completions, the offensive energy seemed to change as well. If the team goes in with a little confidence, then we have a shot. If they go in scared, then it's over already.
I've seen this refrain from several posters. The reason the play calling changed is because we were down 24-7. If SOS had more confidence in Orth than Mitch, he'd have started Orth. Some of y'all are reaching for straws at this point, hoping for nothing less than a miracle. The talent level of this team is way down from just 2 years ago. As mentioned in The State article yesterday, the SC team of 3 years ago would blow this year's team off the field. We cannot hang with the likes of UGA, LSU, aTm, week in and week out. There's simply not enough talent and depth. We suddenly are SC circa 1975.

What SOS is thinking (and what he has not been doing the past several years) totally escapes me.

I've seen this refrain from several posters. The reason the play calling changed is because we were down 24-7. If SOS had more confidence in Orth than Mitch, he'd have started Orth. Some of y'all are reaching for straws at this point, hoping for nothing less than a miracle. The talent level of this team is way down from just 2 years ago. As mentioned in The State article yesterday, the SC team of 3 years ago would blow this year's team off the field. We cannot hang with the likes of UGA, LSU, aTm, week in and week out. There's simply not enough talent and depth. We suddenly are SC circa 1975.

What SOS is thinking (and what he has not been doing the past several years) totally escapes me.

I completely disagree. After Orth completed a few passes (something Mitch struggled to do) the play calling completely changed. Spurrier has said all along that the QB competition was very close, and Mitch got the start because he's been in the system longer.
Some of you love the little stars next to a recruit's name, I do not. If you're one of those that do, then SC has more stars across the board than Spurrier's had since he arrived. This team is not lacking talent, they're inexperienced.
I heard on the radio this week that Clemson has played 40 Freshman in the first two games. Why aren't you questioning their recruiting efforts?

It's only 90%?

Yeah... Reading all the post on FGF... I was going to say 99%, but there are at least 10% on FGF who actually believe we can pull it off under Perry Orth...

Now granted, there are a bunch of new handles on here FGF and I'm will to bet most of the are Clemson fans who love to talk trash under a Carolina handle...

Reactions: BigTomE
The defeatist attitude comes from those who loudly proclaim we are doing all we can do and shouldn't expect more from our top notch staff.:)

You and atlanta cock are like two blackheads on an otherwise handsome face; though serving your purpose as all relational things do. The dermatologist knows exactly where to commence treatment, apply exfoliant and spritz the astringent ... it's manageable, but an embarrassment often enough to be a burden.

Few things in life are as heavy a burden as the general millstone, even thieves don't inject the general malaise you do. Worthless opinion, general complaints, you walk arm in arm. What miserable souls.

Your defeatist attitude comes from within, it's the bile in your belly and the blood in your veins, it's the worst of all non-lethal afflictions allowing you to breathe but not really live - to hear but not know, to see but not understand. You have no hope and without hope you have no future .. you're simply relegated to that heap of other poor souls who have never and will never experienced the joy of overcoming all odds.

You create an almost palpable stench among fans striving for a breath of fresh air, fans who believe in tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the day after that. The worst trait to affect the human spirit and you have it in spades.

Reactions: GCMD2

Probably because spurrier has only been coaching at the college level most of your life. How could u understand how he thinks?? You probably know how to best keep da pizza hot on your delivery and spurrier would not u understand your job either.

Glad I'm in the other 10%...UGA going down tomorrow...

only 90%?? Chubb is a Heisman quality back and we have allowed a 100+ yard rusher in both games and neither of those was named Chubb, every time UGa throws a pass it helps us, if I were Richt I would run Chubb the first 30 plays against us

Let's take it a step further. If, as you say, 90% of the posters on this site believe we will lose to the Dawgs, then there is no need for them to post at all during or after the game if we do indeed lose. There is no need. They have made their prognostications and do not need to "chew their cabbage twice." So, while I will not make any prognostications, I will pull with the last sip of wine in my glass... well, probably several glasses... for my Gamecocks. :)

GOCOCKS! BEATGA!

atlanta cock wrote:

"As mentioned in The State article yesterday, the SC team of 3 years ago would blow this year's team off the field."

No where in that article does it say anything like that
. It says we're still waiting on getting the production we hope to get out of TWENTY-ONE 4-star recruits from the classes of 2014-2015.

Don't make it up. It's crystal you WANT it to be dire ... but it's not as bad as you say (repeatedly). It's nowhere near as bad as you say.

10% will predict us to win every week, because they're flippin crazy. LOL!

FANatic...not crazy.

If you want to be an analyst, go right ahead. But pulling for your team means you hope and believe that every time they step on the field, they have a legit chance to win. No need to play if you've conceded defeat.

I can't understand living or supporting our GameCocks any other way...

No, pulling for team means you want them to win, that is all. It doesn't mean you think they will win despite all logic that they won't. If that is the only way you know how to be a fan, you must really feel stupid after every time we lose. Either that or you are just faking it when you say you think they are going to win.

Reactions: atlanta cock#
No, pulling for team means you want them to win, that is all. It doesn't mean you think they will win despite all logic that they won't. If that is the only way you know how to be a fan, you must really feel stupid after every time we lose. Either that or you are just faking it when you say you think they are going to win.
That is a totally asinine way of looking at things, not that I expect much different from you.

I don't think the fans who predict we will win games feel stupid if we lose, I suspect they feel disappointed just like all FANS. This isn't a contest about who is right and who is wrong... I personally believe that these people who get their panties all balled up after a loss and come to these forums predicting doomsday scenarios for the rest of the season, and massive margins of defeat for every game are emotionally immature. Being incapable of handling loss, they predict we will lose every game as a way of giving themselves the satisfaction of being right as some consolation against the pains of defeat. Sure, the team they pulled for may have lost, but at least they can come back to a forum like this and say "I told you so". What a sad, pathetic, Lonely existence it must be to have to live that way... I don't exactly know what to call it, but I sure as Hell don't count you people as true fans. You are fans of yourselves and strokers of your own egos... So congrats to all of you who got it right and predicted Ky would pull the upset last week, and congrats to all who believe UGA will throat stomp us this weekend... A top ten team might beat an unranked team at home? Boy you are sure going out on a limb there... Must make you feel real smart and really good about yourself? Get a FN LIFE.

The truth is, nobody knows what will happen because this is a rivalry. Dating back your decades, we give UGA HELL, even when we have a crappy team and they have a good one. The more their fans say it isn't a rivalry, it just proves it IS one. Go ask any UGA fan about our game, and see their pulse quicken, see how quick they raise their voice and say "YEAH I am ready for that one"! It is circled because they cannot stand losing to us, it is in their fans's heads, it is in their players' heads... It is a rivalry and it is unpredictable. Are they more talented? At RB, YES. EVERYWHERE ELSE ON THE FIELD? Pretty comparable honestly. We have the best WR, they have the best RB, neither has a clue what their QB can do and the defenses both have speed and talent but are still mostly unproven.

We play UGA tough every flippin year no matter how good our team is. Only once when Stafford QB did they beat us handily. Our guys never intimidated against UGA. The we have no chance attitude is laughable. Cannot wait until tonight to prove a lot of naysayers wrong.

we also BEAT Stafford and his ga team that finished #2 nationally that year

we beat 'em with the '07 6-6 Gamecocks that had 1 'star' (WR-Rice) 1 of only 2 guys that got drafted
UGA finished #2 in the nation that year and dang near 1/2 that ga team got drafted by the NFL

but WE BEAT GEORGIA - in ATHENS with our guys!!! ... we were the (betting) 'dawgs that day ... 25.5 point underdogs

2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 - ATHENS, Columbia, ATHENS, Columbia and Columbia
ALL SOUTH CAROLINA WINS

Reactions: kocky75
That is a totally asinine way of looking at things, not that I expect much different from you.

I don't think the fans who predict we will win games feel stupid if we lose, I suspect they feel disappointed just like all FANS. This isn't a contest about who is right and who is wrong... I personally believe that these people who get their panties all balled up after a loss and come to these forums predicting doomsday scenarios for the rest of the season, and massive margins of defeat for every game are emotionally immature. Being incapable of handling loss, they predict we will lose every game as a way of giving themselves the satisfaction of being right as some consolation against the pains of defeat. Sure, the team they pulled for may have lost, but at least they can come back to a forum like this and say "I told you so". What a sad, pathetic, Lonely existence it must be to have to live that way... I don't exactly know what to call it, but I sure as Hell don't count you people as true fans. You are fans of yourselves and strokers of your own egos... So congrats to all of you who got it right and predicted Ky would pull the upset last week, and congrats to all who believe UGA will throat stomp us this weekend... A top ten team might beat an unranked team at home? Boy you are sure going out on a limb there... Must make you feel real smart and really good about yourself? Get a FN LIFE.

The truth is, nobody knows what will happen because this is a rivalry. Dating back your decades, we give UGA HELL, even when we have a crappy team and they have a good one. The more their fans say it isn't a rivalry, it just proves it IS one. Go ask any UGA fan about our game, and see their pulse quicken, see how quick they raise their voice and say "YEAH I am ready for that one"! It is circled because they cannot stand losing to us, it is in their fans's heads, it is in their players' heads... It is a rivalry and it is unpredictable. Are they more talented? At RB, YES. EVERYWHERE ELSE ON THE FIELD? Pretty comparable honestly. We have the best WR, they have the best RB, neither has a clue what their QB can do and the defenses both have speed and talent but are still mostly unproven.
What in the world does this have to do with what ReadR00ster said? Read is right. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to predict we'll go 12-0 every year. Of course, we all want that. But, you can be a SC fan and at the same time acknowledge the other guy is better. You can even predict the other guy will win. Doesn't mean you want the other guy to win, and it certainly doesn't mean someone is sad, lonely or pathetic. Nobody comes on here after a loss to gloat. Lord knows if we upset somebody, some of you guys come on here and act like you knew it would happen all along as if you're psychic. Some of you guys are a little too thin skinned for a public forum.

Anyone, who get's their prediction wrong should feel stupid. Me included. When I predict a loss and I am wrong I feel stupid and I am glad to feel that way. In fact I am praying I am going to look stupid at the end. Hopefully tonight, I will be too embarrassed to post tonight and will have to go out to a bar to celebrate because no one there will know what posted. lol. Anyways, The players and coaches are the ones who are supposed to think they are going to win every game. Not the fans. the fans are not part of the team. Drinking the garnet koolaid all your life is not a healthy way to live. Your view of the world will be too twisted.

Well, if that's the case... Then just sit back and relax and enjoy the game... You know the outcome and you can enjoy watching the game without having a panic attack...

Hell! Perry Orth may just surprise the hell out of UGA and 90% of the Carolina fans...
I guess I am part of the 10% wearing rose colored glasses. I am not predicting victory but can see a way to beat the dawgs. Stick to the gameplan and protect the QB. Give Orth/Nunez time to make a play. Get the running game going. Relentless defense and keep pressure on Lambert or whichever Mutt plays QB for the dawgs. See what happens. A little luck would help too just for good measure.

Reactions: chapelwood1
Ha ha ha! You live a blissful life, I see.

Fortunately, you are wrong a lot.

In this case, you may be right. But it is not something to crow about. For most USC fans, watching our team implode due to the recruiting plan and efforts of several higher ups on our staff is painful to the core.

UGA is not that good. That is why it would be a shame if we could no longer compete against a team that we have played solidly for over a decade and are 11-14 versus in the last 25. Hardly domination winning 5 of last 8.

I think we will know a lot after this game. So far the returns are not favorable, but we have beaten UGA with less talented teams before. If we cannot get into a flow on offense, it will be another sign that HBC play-calling is struggling. I would be fine with spurrier sticking around until he wants to hang them up, but not without long term contracts for new assistant coaches and a new recruiting coordinator. I see no reason why we should not have an offensive coordinator like the rest of college football teams. Otherwise, our recruiting will continue to be below average for SEC teams.

I think we will know a lot after this game.
Really? If we lose, what will you know? If we get waxed, what will you know?

IMO, if we win it'll look a lot like last year. It'll take another brain fart by Richt, which I'm not counting on. If we get crushed, which most including Vegas believe will occur, what will you learn that you don't already know?

I guess I am part of the 10% wearing rose colored glasses. I am not predicting victory but can see a way to beat the dawgs. Stick to the gameplan and protect the QB. Give Orth/Nunez time to make a play. Get the running game going. Relentless defense and keep pressure on Lambert or whichever Mutt plays QB for the dawgs. See what happens. A little luck would help too just for good measure.

I'm not saying rose colored glasses.... Just go out and play the game...

I like my chances under Spurrier than any coach we had at Carolina and that's including my former coach Carlen...

I am curious what the 90% will have to say if the Gamecocks win this game tonight? Will the negative posts about Coach Spurrier stop? Will we rally behind the team and get this rolling in the right direction? Can we dare to talk about competing for the SEC East if we beat Georgia tonight? Just asking. :)

You Played for Carlen? How was he as a coach, and his relationship with the players? I thought he was a great Coach ...til troubles overtook...

He was a great coach, tough as nails and no nonsense... He let his assistance coaches take charge and Harold White was my kicking coach.

I only played one year because of injuries and didn't return when Bell replaced him... I was a kicker and we were deep with kickers back in 1981 with John Tanner (Kick off), Chris Norman (Punter) and Mark Fleetwood (Place Kicker)... That was hard to crack that group...

Reactions: cocknjax
I am curious what the 90% will have to say if the Gamecocks win this game tonight? Will the negative posts about Coach Spurrier stop? Will we rally behind the team and get this rolling in the right direction? Can we dare to talk about competing for the SEC East if we beat Georgia tonight? Just asking. :)

They will credit Jeb Bush for giving a pep talk to the UGA team with his high energy speech...:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT