ADVERTISEMENT

Additional Will Muschamp Football Camp quotes (Kamarro Edmonds, Zaire Patterson)

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
Some bonus nuggets relating to several defenders who visited and camped at South Carolina this month....

*** USC recently hosted south Florida product Gaethan Bernadel for a visit in which he worked out at a session of the Gamecocks’ summer camp. Upon review, he loved the opportunity to work out with assistant Coleman Hutzler.

“It was amazing,” Bernadel told GamecockCentral.com. “They said that I had a tremendous day.”

The junior defender has taken visits so far to Miami, South Carolina, and Virginia and returned for a trip to Coral Gables last weekend. After those initial three trips, one program impressed Bernadel the most.

“South Carolina is the school that stood out to me,” he said.

*** North Carolina’s Zaire Patterson out of North Carolina has been on South Carolina’s board for some time in the 2021 class.

He also returned for camp this summer in Columbia, where he had a chance to work with Mike Peterson and hang out until later in the day.

“South Carolina was great,” said Patterson. “It’s good to learn stuff. I can come back home and implement it into my game.”

Patterson did not name any leaders on this occasion to GamecockCentral.com, but has said South Carolina is his frontrunner in the past.

*** 2021 Virginia product Isi Etute first caught our eye last summer when he made his way to a session of the Gamecocks’ camp. The junior was back in town this year working out at linebacker and also pulling down some pass-rush reps in OL/DL one on ones.

“It was a good camp,” Etute told GamecockCentral.com. “I learned a lot during the camp and they good drills to help me for the upcoming season. They all said they enjoyed having me and to keep working and keep in contact with them.”

*** Havelock 2021 athlete Kamarro Edmonds has also named South Carolina as his leader in the past, and he returned to the Gamecocks’ campus for a workout at Will Muschamp Football Camp last week.

“It was great,” Edmonds told GamecockCentral.com. I loved the atmosphere and how the coaches treated me while I was down there. Coach T-Rob taught me a lot about how to play slot and how I should backpedal. Coach Krantz and TRob just told me they want me at South Carolina.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News