ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Turner

BTMGarnet

Jan 31, 2007
Who else is positively intrigued to see him play some nickel this Saturday? I've always been a fan of his effort and he seems like one of those kids that just wants to play no matter what position it is. He's definitely a good enough athlete to pull it off. Listening to CWM, he's had an inkling to try out defense as long as he's been here. This could pay even more dividends next season; more depth in the defensive backfield while the RB unit is still crowded with young guns like Fenwick getting snaps now.

It interests me. But wasn't he just out with injury for the clemson game? I don't recall seeing him play. He has no stats in the game.

Who else is positively intrigued to see him play some nickel this Saturday? I've always been a fan of his effort and he seems like one of those kids that just wants to play no matter what position it is. He's definitely a good enough athlete to pull it off. Listening to CWM, he's had an inkling to try out defense as long as he's been here. This could pay even more dividends next season; more depth in the defensive backfield while the RB unit is still crowded with young guns like Fenwick getting snaps now.
I dig it.

If he can stand 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and tackle the wide receiver after he gets the first down, he'll fit right with Muschamp's scheme.

Turner could play db in the league maybe. Not so sure about rb.
Interesting thought! I guess we'll all see how well he does back there this weekend and if he works at it some more. Maybe he gets time back there next season and proves worthy enough to get a shot in the league. What a life-changing move that could prove to be! I wish him success however it might come though!

The most advantageous thing, to me , is that, as an offensive player, he understands routes, hitting gaps, patience and what they are trying to achieve. He understands what a running back pass to the flat or a screen looks like and as a defensive player can take advantage of it. Hopefully, he can be a step ahead because of it.

Turner could play db in the league maybe. Not so sure about rb.

I'm willing to bet he's thinking about this. You have to figure that this move had to be discussed with his family (in advance) so this may be something he has his eye on. Better to start practicing it now and get live reps in lieu of next season.

Give him credit for trying to fill holes and being a team player!
After listening to sports radio, it sounds like AJ thinks his future is on the def side? Good for him to think outside the norm and wish him success!

AJ Turner and BAW are my 2 favorite players on this team. With his heart, courage, and running style, can you imagine how good he would be if he was say, 215 lbs.?
Give you a thumbs up for the Boykin Soc. name. My best friend is a little 36lb female that rides to work with me everyday. Pretty sure with this hot summer she cost me $3k in gas to keep my truck running in the heat!

I have a 10 year old male. He's the best dog I have ever owned.
Give you a thumbs up for the Boykin Soc. name. My best friend is a little 36lb female that rides to work with me everyday. Pretty sure with this hot summer she cost me $3k in gas to keep my truck running in the heat!
I have a 10 year old male. He's the best dog I have ever owned.

I don't have a problem with AJ playing in the secondary next year but if he does, I want him to start. He's been waiting to be a full time player for a long time. If we sign 2 or 3 more DB's that can play like a couple of the true freshmen did this year, then it might be a crowded secondary next year. If Edwards leaves and since Deebo is gone, AJ could slide over to a slot receiver position where he would be mighty impressive with the ball in his hands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT