ADVERTISEMENT

Alaina Coates

gamecock disciple

Dec 10, 1999
Hello friends ... any either in Columbia and/or in the know have an update on Alaina and her injury? I would strongly suspect that we would not need her the first two games, giving her even more time to heal up ...

The Lady G's appear to be the one program we have that is consistently one of the best at what they do .... I enjoy watching them. Dawn being named the HC of the US WNT through 2020 should only continue to strengthen this program ...

Life is good - Peace!

Coach Staley is tight lipped about injuries...But from what i have seen, i fear the dreaded high ankle sprain...Dawn allowed Coates to make the call in Greenville...That turned out to be a bad call...I suspect Alaina felt pressured by how well the team was doing playing at the faster tempo with 4 guards..She rushed herself back for the wrong reasons...If she were not a senior, i am certain Dawn would never have allowed her to play in the SEC Tournament...I hope her status as a senior doesn't allow her on the court the first 2 games..We will need her in the regionals...3 weeks off could be just what the doctor ordered

Reactions: gamecock disciple
Thanks Law. When Dawn noted, with the injury, AC could have returned and then seen how long she was out, I realized she was in coach speak mode. I'm surprised we won the tourney without her and the silver lining is others are stepping up. Bodes well overall. I am hopeful she is back for the Sweet 16. That should give her almost 3 weeks of rest and treatment.

Life is good -Peace.

Thanks Law. When Dawn noted, with the injury, AC could have returned and then seen how long she was out, I realized she was in coach speak mode. I'm surprised we won the tourney without her and the silver lining is others are stepping up. Bodes well overall. I am hopeful she is back for the Sweet 16. That should give her almost 3 weeks of rest and treatment.

Life is good -Peace.
I am not surprised we won without her..I have being screaming all season this team should be playing uptempo...I noticed early in the season how much better we were when 1 of the bigs got in foul trouble very early...Had we played uptempo all year i believe the team would be undefeated or very close to it...Too much talent to have 4 losses

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT