ADVERTISEMENT

All Gameday announcers pick Vandy....

Until we become like Georgia, ganes like this WILL be tough.
Those guys are just going off of last impressions for both teams. Nothing more.

Reactions: cocky4 and Brace1
We should win this game by at least 13 points. If we lose it, we’re looking at a long season, and we won’t win the SEC east while Muschamp’s here, because we’lI be playing catch up.
I love posts like this. Playing both sides.

Reactions: jeff2001
Bad game against UGA and an away game. I get their reasoning. Still, 31-21 Gamecocks.

Vanderbilt is not a bad team but this is a game we need to win. We shouldn't expect to blow out teams like Vanderbilt and Kentucky right now. Right now there is only one team in the SEC that I would expect to win easily against and that is Arkansas. Florida and UT are still wait and see teams. Ole Miss is another team that isn't very good. I see it like this. There are 2 elite teams in the SEC, Alabama, and UGA. Then there are 3 more teams that I see as top-15 caliber teams, LSU, Auburn, and Miss St. Next in line there is Texas A&M and us. Kentucky and Vanderbilt are not that far behind us.

Reactions: cocky4
It's a reasonable pick. After three games, Vandy is a known commodity at this point - a solid, if not great, team. After two games, we are still an unknown. Had we beaten Marshall last week, say, 31-14, I think analysts would have more confidence picking us.

Reactions: jeff2001
Honestly this is probably good for us. Not just the picks but the whole week with Vandy playing ND so well. We might have overlooked them with Kentucky next week (embarrassing we’d look ahead to Kentucky but that’s where we are). But with the events of this week, our guys have no excuse and I’m sure Vandy has their attention without the coaches having to remind them.

Reactions: Brace1
So THIS one game against Vandy will determine whether or not we win the East under Will Muschamp???? Dang! More riding on it than I thought! Now I really am nervous.
Losing this game will impact our season and definitely impact our recruiting! We lack talent “especially,” on the defensive side of the ball! So yes I believe this game will majorly effect our future under Champ. We need this win badly!

Vanderbilt is not a bad team but this is a game we need to win. We shouldn't expect to blow out teams like Vanderbilt and Kentucky right now. Right now there is only one team in the SEC that I would expect to win easily against and that is Arkansas. Florida and UT are still wait and see teams. Ole Miss is another team that isn't very good. I see it like this. There are 2 elite teams in the SEC, Alabama, and UGA. Then there are 3 more teams that I see as top-15 caliber teams, LSU, Auburn, and Miss St. Next in line there is Texas A&M and us. Kentucky and Vanderbilt are not that far behind us.
Not many think KY is behind us.

Reactions: SouthCarolinagal
giphy.gif

Does not matter if we don’t lose but it is concerning that in year 3 not one THINKS we will win today.

To be fair, I am not liking what I am seeing today thus far, e.g., Missouri is playing very well against UGA. Missouri won't go away, they continue to play with grit against the dogs.

I think Vandy is coming at us with everything they got and somethings that don't have, because it is the turning point in their minds.

I see the analyst picks for Vandy a result of an perpetually overrated ND team they played to the wire. In reality ND is Kentucky level and would have trouble cracking 7 wins with and SEC schedule.

Reactions: CockFamily6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT