ADVERTISEMENT

All of yall can say what you want but if our receivers dont drop 8 balls

Justin Miller

Nov 10, 2010
then we win the game. I thought Scar earned another start this week but the coaches didnt. I have not been impressed with Bentley but with the exception of the int. (I know its a big exception), he made the throws to win the game. He didnt get much help. Fenton also had an easy int. drop in the endzone right before they kicked the fg to go up 19 to 16. We seem to have a lot of trash talkers on defense especially Fenton but when its time to make game changing plays they cant do it. I feel like the season has gone like I expected except for I thought we would beat KY. The Gators are better than I thought they would be. So, it looks like 7-5 this year. Sad but true. But I dont think its all Bentley's fault.

The reason Bentley is in is because he can make every throw. Scar doesn’t give you the down the field threat. Scar is a game manager. Bentley has two beautiful long balls that should have been caught. First downs dropped.

The reason Bentley is in is because he can make every throw. Scar doesn’t give you the down the field threat. Scar is a game manager. Bentley has two beautiful long balls that should have been caught. First downs dropped.
Scar is rainstorm approved, Jake turns the ball over on a sunny day. Give me the game manager that doesn't turn the ball over the guy with the big arm who's only accurate 40% of the time. I can work with someone's limitations, I can't work with stupidity.

Scar is rainstorm approved, Jake turns the ball over on a sunny day. Give me the game manager that doesn't turn the ball over the guy with the big arm who's only accurate 40% of the time. I can work with someone's limitations, I can't work with stupidity.
Well, Scar was lucky he didn’t throw 2 picks. However, the players are not the problem. It’s the multimillionaire making the decisions and his hillbilly boss.

Reactions: gamecockfan04
I think that, based on the first half, Scar should have started the second half, even if he had wound up getting only one series. No one not named Bentley would have questioned this and Muschamp would have made life easier for himself. And just maybe we would have gotten a little more leverage on offense sooner.

If we score the touchdown that was picked off in the endzone that was thrown right to the defender, we win.
It was a bad decision to throw the ball there but we weren't going to score a TD on that play as it was ran. Jake should have thrown it away and we would have at least gotten 3 on the board, only 3 points but better than the 0 points we scored in the first half. More critical to me were the 2 drops on long passes that would have put us in the red zone or even resulted in TDs if caught. You're talking 3 points vs. the 14 points that the receivers dropped.

I think that, based on the first half, Scar should have started the second half, even if he had wound up getting only one series. No one not named Bentley would have questioned this and Muschamp would have made life easier for himself. And just maybe we would have gotten a little more leverage on offense sooner.
He should have started the game with Scar and let Bentley come in to be the hero, if necessary. That’s what a smart coach would have done. I have absolutely zero doubt that’s what SOS would have done.

and if Scar goes in and we don't score on our 1st possession of the 2nd half? We only had 2 possessions in the 3rd quarter and they both resulted in TDs and a tied football game. I think we had a total of 4 possessions in the 2nd half and we scored TDs on 3 of them. The other possession we had a receiver drop a pass that would have resulted in a first down and givin us the ball close to midfield. We just couldn't get Texas A&M off the field in the 2nd half. They ate up the clock and got 2 scores in the 4th quarter that sealed the game.

He should have started the game with Scar and let Bentley come in to be the hero, if necessary. That’s what a smart coach would have done. I have absolutely zero doubt that’s what SOS would have done.
Bentley's non-participation the previous week had been tied to his physical condition. His starting was a foregone conclusion in light of the improved medical situation. However, not having not done what you suggested, he should have done what I suggested.

If our receivers don’t make incredible plays Jake doesn’t have 2 TDs. Shi Smith made that first TD happen, then Chavis Dawkins bailed Jake out of an INT on the 2nd.
He gave them the opportunities to make the plays. The pass to Dawkins was a 50\50 ball in which you are giving your receiver a chance to make a play. It happens on the pro and college level. Geez, Alshon makes his living off of 50/0 balls.

We leave him in until and unless he falters. He would have been in there because things didn't go well in the first half. No one would have argued with it.
and had we done that I feel assured we would have lost the game going away. We needed the play we got from Bentley in the 2nd half to get back into the game. Without him we would have probably lost by 20 or more.

and had we done that I feel assured we would have lost the game going away. We needed the play we got from Bentley in the 2nd half to get back into the game. Without him we would have probably lost by 20 or more.
The same receivers that let him down in the first half saved his @$$ in the second. Maybe Scarnecchia throws a better ball to handle. Maybe if he plays the whole game, we win going away.

This x 1000

This $hit show could have been avoided by Muschamp. Scarneccia should’ve been the starter. If Scarneccia lit it up then obviously you stay with the hot hand. If Scarneccia struggled, you give the keys back to Jake and Scarneccia has his chance.

Instead, Muschamp chose not to even give Scarneccia a look because if it was good then daddy’s boy would have to sit. It put a ton of pressure on Bentley and when he struggled the boo birds commenced.

This is all on Muschamp. Had Scarneccia struggled in the first half and Bentley came in and took over in the second we may still have lost the game, but it would not reek of nepotism.

Bentley played as bad as you can play in the first half. There was never any serious consideration given to Scarneccia. We are riding the Bentley train for better or for worse game in and game out until he leaves.

Reactions: PC31
This x 1000

This $hit show could have been avoided by Muschamp. Scarneccia should’ve been the starter. If Scarneccia lit it up then obviously you stay with the hot hand. If Scarneccia struggled, you give the keys back to Jake and Scarneccia has his chance.

Instead, Muschamp chose not to even give Scarneccia a look because if it was good then daddy’s boy would have to sit. It put a ton of pressure on Bentley and when he struggled the boo birds commenced.

This is all on Muschamp. Had Scarneccia struggled in the first half and Bentley came in and took over in the second we may still have lost the game, but it would not reek of nepotism.

Bentley played as bad as you can play in the first half. There was never any serious consideration given to Scarneccia. We are riding the Bentley train for better or for worse game in and game out until he leaves.
For years we had to deal with coaches and their coaches who were sons. Now we have to deal with coaches and their kids playing. God help us. Next it'll be coaches and their brother or something.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT