ADVERTISEMENT

All world Higgins and Ross basically shut down

hobcawcreekcock

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2000
Mt Pleasant SC
when facing equal talent. Also, Higgins left both play off games banged up. Funny, I never saw him even limp vs acc teams? Reason being he NEVER GETS TOUCHED!

Got his ass busted in both games. I think he returns to pad his stats vs the JV again.

Where was Chad Smith last night? Sr starting LB was MIA? Did he even dress out? Was he one of the two players rumored to be arrested for DUI between OSU and LSU. SOB was defensive MVP vs OSU and I don’t recall seeing him on the field last night??? Perhaps I missed something???

How did they perform against us?

Did I mention ‘us’? NO! My point you idiot is that against equal to or greater than talent, bith ‘all world’ Higgins and Ross both struggled and both were beat up, particularly Higgins the lady BOTH GAMES banged up. Ross fumbled a cartch vs OSU and the worst college officials around, The SEC, overruled the call on the field. Ross also left the OSU game beat up. Lawrence, looked like a JV QB last night. Check his stats! Not too good. Had a pick called back on a BS PI call on LSU, had another one dropped, and fumbled. Under pressure he overthrew everyone except the regime in IRAN!

Against us? Had absolutely nothing to do with the facts I presented here. You got beat up after bullying the 58th ranked schedule in college football last night.

Congrats, another good season. USC has as many wins vs top 5 opponents as CU did in 2019, and we were 4-8 lmao...

Reactions: VirgilCaine
To the point above, I guess Dabo can jump back on the disrespect game this morning. The final AP ranking came out this morning. Other than Clemson, not one other team in the top 25. That pretty much says all one needs to know about their road to the playoff

To the point above, I guess Dabo can jump back on the disrespect game this morning. The final AP ranking came out this morning. Other than Clemson, not one other team in the top 25. That pretty much says all one needs to know about their road to the playoff

Bowl records
SEC 8-2
ACC 4-7

I want Clemson to join the SEC. Get rid of Missouri and add Clemson. I’m sure Dabo would say he’s “All In” so they could complete in the best league in the country, wouldn’t he? Maybe not, Bobby Bowden didn’t want any part of the SEC either. They would still be good, but not great. Their chances of getting thru the SEC schedule, Championship game and 2 playoff games would be slim to none. Just like ours.

Come on Dabo, play 12 games in a mans league and show us you can do it EVERY WEEK. If you did, you could stop all the disrespect, right?

P.S. when we were beating Clemson five years in a row, we may have been playing for the national championship if we were in the ACC. Instead of 11 and 2 we would’ve been undefeated since we beat the best team in their rugged league.

I think Ross, Higgins, and Lawrence were just shell shocked by the high caliber performance of LSU. All season long, the taters did not face a team that was on the same level as them. Then, they faced a juggernaut and basically did not know how to react and respond in desperate times.

Wonder what would happen if Clemson had to play Georgia,Florida,Auburn, even Kentucky or Missouri next week . After that battle last night.

Wonder what would happen if Clemson had to play Georgia,Florida,Auburn, even Kentucky or Missouri next week . After that battle last night.
clemzun would blow the doors off all those teams except maybe UGA.

Clemson is great. Phenomenal talent. But I think this years woefully weak schedule left them totally unprepared for the playoff. OSU outplayed them. And with the exception of a couple dropped passes by their RB that took TDs off the board, and the fumble that was ruled a non fumble, that game may have been a route. And against LSU Lawrence had a bad game. Basically he looked bad because they ran up against equal talent that could cover their receivers. When you spend the whole year throwing to wide open receivers because of such a huge talent gap, it is a bit of a shock when a QB suddenly has to throw perfect throws in a tiny window. Burrow did, Lawrence didnt. LSU was used to playing tougher competition. Clemson wasnt

Clemson is great. Phenomenal talent. But I think this years woefully weak schedule left them totally unprepared for the playoff. OSU outplayed them. And with the exception of a couple dropped passes by their RB that took TDs off the board, and the fumble that was ruled a non fumble, that game may have been a route. And against LSU Lawrence had a bad game. Basically he looked bad because they ran up against equal talent that could cover their receivers. When you spend the whole year throwing to wide open receivers because of such a huge talent gap, it is a bit of a shock when a QB suddenly has to throw perfect throws in a tiny window. Burrow did, Lawrence didnt. LSU was used to playing tougher competition. Clemson wasnt
I agree. I try to be as objective as possible dealing with college football. It looked to me like OSU was the better team, but Clemson survived it.

Bowl records
SEC 8-2
ACC 4-7

I want Clemson to join the SEC. Get rid of Missouri and add Clemson. I’m sure Dabo would say he’s “All In” so they could complete in the best league in the country, wouldn’t he? Maybe not, Bobby Bowden didn’t want any part of the SEC either. They would still be good, but not great. Their chances of getting thru the SEC schedule, Championship game and 2 playoff games would be slim to none. Just like ours.

Come on Dabo, play 12 games in a mans league and show us you can do it EVERY WEEK. If you did, you could stop all the disrespect, right?

P.S. when we were beating Clemson five years in a row, we may have been playing for the national championship if we were in the ACC. Instead of 11 and 2 we would’ve been undefeated since we beat the best team in their rugged league.

I agree. I would support Clemson getting into the SEC. One big problem. Their financial coffers take in about $25 - $30 million more. They will use that money very well unlike ours do.

You MAY be right, but it only takes 1-2 losses and you’re out of the equation for the playoffs. ie UGA
One loss SEC teams generally are not, and I did not say they would LOSE to UGA. I bet clemzun would beat them it would just be a close game... Taters would roll those other teams- TODAY. Which is what I thought we were talking about.... Now to speak to your point, it seems you are projecting a scenario where clemsun is playing a full SEC schedule? Who knows what would happen then. Speaking to this thread let’s apply the injuries WE suffered this year to clemsun, under the mindset that a more rigorous schedule would cause more injuries.
Who would clemsun beat if they lost their starting QB (and top two backups for portions of the season, or at least limited production from them due to injury), if they lost their TOP 3 (4?) RBs for at least portions of the year to injury, their top 2 TEs, their top 4-5 (6+??) Wrs, and their best offensive linemen to injury for at least portions of the year? Who would they beat then? Impossible to say because they never lost ANY of those people so we have no clue what their depth behind them looks like vs real competition. I suspect if their depth chart was depleted to the point ours was by the end of the year when we played clemzun (literally playing walk ons and our 4th string QB at WR)... they would have struggled to beat any of those teams even SC.

TODAY though, after a few minor bang ups vs LSU... They would be fine...

Its too convenient to claim the schedule hurt them...They are the ones who did hold OSU to fgs, were down 16-0 and then took over from there. The lone TD the Buckeyes scored on was a 4th down. Otherwise...another fg. Lawrence had a poor game no doubt but his WRs were open ALOT and routine throws would have been completions...LSU DBs were good but the Tiger receivers weren't given much of an opportunity. Competition does matter but why didn't it matter last year..or the other years when they were putting up scores on OSU, Bama, OU, ND, etc.? Its a convenient argument this year.

As good as LSU was...imagine the following things happened in Clemson's favor....

- Lawrence doesn't overthrow Higgins for a sure TD when he had 2 steps on LSU guy early on.
- Nolan Turner doesn't drop a near pick 6 in the 3rd qtr
- Kendrick doesn't tackle the WR on 3rd and 19 before the half
- Justyn Ross gets his block on a screen in the 3rd that would have gone for a TD
- the refs get the PI call correct Higgins is given the TD late where the LSU DB couldn't cover him

Just a few simple plays and its totally different...like Dabo said, Clemson didnt make those plays and thats the difference...just like Alabama last year.

Its too convenient to claim the schedule hurt them...They are the ones who did hold OSU to fgs, were down 16-0 and then took over from there. The lone TD the Buckeyes scored on was a 4th down. Otherwise...another fg. Lawrence had a poor game no doubt but his WRs were open ALOT and routine throws would have been completions...LSU DBs were good but the Tiger receivers weren't given much of an opportunity. Competition does matter but why didn't it matter last year..or the other years when they were putting up scores on OSU, Bama, OU, ND, etc.? Its a convenient argument this year.

As good as LSU was...imagine the following things happened in Clemson's favor....

- Lawrence doesn't overthrow Higgins for a sure TD when he had 2 steps on LSU guy early on.
- Nolan Turner doesn't drop a near pick 6 in the 3rd qtr
- Kendrick doesn't tackle the WR on 3rd and 19 before the half
- Justyn Ross gets his block on a screen in the 3rd that would have gone for a TD
- the refs get the PI call correct Higgins is given the TD late where the LSU DB couldn't cover him

Just a few simple plays and its totally different...like Dabo said, Clemson didnt make those plays and thats the difference...just like Alabama last year.

Alex I’ll take karma for $500.

What if OSU hadn’t lost one of their best DB’s on a targeting call?
On that same play Lawrence was sacked for about a six yard loss. CU went from punting on 4th and 16 to first and ten and onward to their first TD.
What if Dobbins holds onto the swing pass for a TD, and OSU goes up 20-0 instead of 16-0?
What if the pitiful SEC replay official didn’t overrule an obvious catch/strip/fumble recovery/returned for a TD by OSU. BTW called a catch, fumble, TD for OSU.

See, two people can play this game. CU got every call and break vs Ohio State. KARMA got em’ back vs LSU. LSU got almost all of the ‘controversial’ calls. Targeting on Skalski (obvious), PI on Higgins taking a TD reception off the board (FINALLY CALLED AFTER A CAREER OF OFFENSIVE PI’s NOT BEING CALLED), and an obvious blown call on the LSU RB who’s hand touched down OUT OF BOUNDS, leading to an additional 15-20 yards of field position.

See what goes around, comes around.

How did they perform against us?
I think he was talking about quality teams which we know we were not last year
Curious but it seems many posters use an unrelated post to insult our team or coaches or players any chance they get
Seems odd and seems same posters mostly

Last edited:
Reactions: bc_cock
Alex I’ll take karma for $500.

What if OSU hadn’t lost one of their best DB’s on a targeting call?
On that same play Lawrence was sacked for about a six yard loss. CU went from punting on 4th and 16 to first and ten and onward to their first TD.

What if Dobbins holds onto the swing pass for a TD, and OSU goes up 20-0 instead of 16-0?
What if the pitiful SEC replay official didn’t overrule an obvious catch/strip/fumble recovery/returned for a TD by OSU. BTW called a catch, fumble, TD for OSU.

See, two people can play this game. CU got every call and break vs Ohio State. KARMA got em’ back vs LSU. LSU got almost all of the ‘controversial’ calls. Targeting on Skalski (obvious), PI on Higgins taking a TD reception off the board (FINALLY CALLED AFTER A CAREER OF OFFENSIVE PI’s NOT BEING CALLED), and an obvious blown call on the LSU RB who’s hand touched down OUT OF BOUNDS, leading to an additional 15-20 yards of field position.

See what goes around, comes around.

lol. Thanks for giving the tater facts!!!

One loss SEC teams generally are not, and I did not say they would LOSE to UGA. I bet clemzun would beat them it would just be a close game... Taters would roll those other teams- TODAY. Which is what I thought we were talking about.... Now to speak to your point, it seems you are projecting a scenario where clemsun is playing a full SEC schedule? Who knows what would happen then. Speaking to this thread let’s apply the injuries WE suffered this year to clemsun, under the mindset that a more rigorous schedule would cause more injuries.
Who would clemsun beat if they lost their starting QB (and top two backups for portions of the season, or at least limited production from them due to injury), if they lost their TOP 3 (4?) RBs for at least portions of the year to injury, their top 2 TEs, their top 4-5 (6+??) Wrs, and their best offensive linemen to injury for at least portions of the year? Who would they beat then? Impossible to say because they never lost ANY of those people so we have no clue what their depth behind them looks like vs real competition. I suspect if their depth chart was depleted to the point ours was by the end of the year when we played clemzun (literally playing walk ons and our 4th string QB at WR)... they would have struggled to beat any of those teams even SC.

TODAY though, after a few minor bang ups vs LSU... They would be fine...
Agree, the minor bang ups compound over a 12 week season. Losing just ONE starter can mean a W becomes an L depending on your conference and who you play next (top 20 or not a top 20). Therefore, losing a key player and competition impacts SEC teams far greater than ACC teams, especially those sniffing the playoff (which the ACC only has 1, SEC 4-5).
Then there’s the Conference Championship games. Clemson hasn’t had any solid competition in years there. It’s pathetic. Would they in the SEC CG? Without a doubt, IF they were ever able to actually get there at full strength.

You MAY be right, but it only takes 1-2 losses and you’re out of the equation for the playoffs. ie UGA

UGA hasn't been built (or more accurately, coached) for a championship in today's game. Good enough to win 11 games in a season, but not good enough to beat the top 4-5 teams. I'm thinking they go more spread or something this year to up the offense. They really have no excuse with all their built in advantages.

Agree, the minor bang ups compound over a 12 week season. Losing just ONE starter can mean a W becomes an L depending on your conference and who you play next (top 20 or not a top 20). Therefore, losing a key player and competition impacts SEC teams far greater than ACC teams, especially those sniffing the playoff (which the ACC only has 1, SEC 4-5).
Then there’s the Conference Championship games. Clemson hasn’t had any solid competition in years there. It’s pathetic. Would they in the SEC CG? Without a doubt, IF they were ever able to actually get there at full strength.
This is exactly what makes the LSU season so improbable. Not just the susden dramatic improvement from their QB but the fact that virtually all of the key offensive contributors were still healthy for the CCG and the playoffs! Name another SEC team that could say that... Bama certainly could not... I think we all know SC couldn’t... amazing what they did this year on so many levels

Higgins literally LEFT BOTH PLAYOFF games due to being injured. Ross left the OSU game, and Blabo publically stated that he was glad his players had additional time to heal from the “physicality’ of the Ohio State game. Try playing at UGA, UF at hone, then at Tennessee all in a row.

CU has the easiest path to the Playoffs, no doubt. CU is good right now, no doubt.

One last fact for you younger guys. In 1991 the SEC approached FSU about joining the conference. Bobby Bowden expressed his displeasure and helped nix that proposal. Shortly after, FSU ACCEPTED the acc’s invitation to join. South Carolina was the next offer to join the SEC, which we accepted and joined in 1992.

The joke going around Florida back then was this: why did the chicken cross the road? To join the acc of course!

Higgins literally LEFT BOTH PLAYOFF games due to being injured. Ross left the OSU game, and Blabo publically stated that he was glad his players had additional time to heal from the “physicality’ of the Ohio State game. Try playing at UGA, UF at hone, then at Tennessee all in a row.
None of those teams compare to OSU. You're delusional if you think they do.

The joke going around Florida back then was this: why did the chicken cross the road? To join the acc of course!
In the late 80s and early 90s, basketball was the revenue king for TV. Schools made money on football ticket sales, of course, but the big TV contracts were still in the future. There was some unofficial talk, and rumors that even the rabble heard, about Florida considering switching to the ACC. A guy I knew at the time in the Florida AD said that it was serious, if the numbers made sense. Probably 91 or 92, can't remember exactly when. When FSU joined the ACC, there hadn't been an SEC national champion in 12 years (during which two ACC teams won at least a share of the NC). Alabama did win a NC that first season in a shocker against Miami.

None of those teams compare to OSU. You're delusional if you think they do.

You obviously have zero insight into my point. I'd argue that UGA and UF would give Ohio State all they want, however that was not MY POINT. MY POINT is the physical nature of that gauntlet. Meanwhile CU is pounding on the 'sisters of the poor' each Saturday. Below is Clempsun's 2019 football schedule. PLEASE feel free to find a three consecutive game group comparable to playing two top ten teams and a UT team that improved every week after a horrible start. All 2019 Bowl Winners.

GT
A&M
CUSE
CHARLOTTE
UNC
FSU
UL
BC
WOFFORD
NCST
WF
USC

Oh, and the acc bowl record was next to last vs all conferences. Congrats the acc beat out The Big 12 at 1-5. SEC finished #1 at 8-2.

You obviously have zero insight into my point. I'd argue that UGA and UF would give Ohio State all they want, however that was not MY POINT. MY POINT is the physical nature of that gauntlet. Meanwhile CU is pounding on the 'sisters of the poor' each Saturday. Below is Clempsun's 2019 football schedule. PLEASE feel free to find a three consecutive game group comparable to playing two top ten teams and a UT team that improved every week after a horrible start. All 2019 Bowl Winners.

GT
A&M
CUSE
CHARLOTTE
UNC
FSU
UL
BC
WOFFORD
NCST
WF
USC

Oh, and the acc bowl record was next to last vs all conferences. Congrats the acc beat out The Big 12 at 1-5. SEC finished #1 at 8-2.

Congrats. I have no idea what point you are trying to make,, but congrats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT