ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the last to know we lost 4* Holley?

I still say playmakers at wr and rb and then guys that can tackle...throughout the defense.

Our playmakers are severely lacking this cycle. At least right now. Cornblut says we’re getting a visit from a Memphis running back (Gray?)
But currently NO wide receivers and 1 running back.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You guys are going have to patient as bad as that sounds. If Muschamp can't get it done here, I'm not optimistic in other coaches. You have to recruit well, and he is doing better every year. Chill out about star rankings. This guy may have four starts next to his name, but if he doesn't transition well to the team, who cares? We also have Belk and Cook which were big transfers.
The teams that win Championships have star rankings that transfers to the field.

You guys over here on FGF are pretty uninformed as a whole when it comes to recruiting, y’all need to pony up and join. Things are going well and there is plenty to be excited about , big things are happening with this class and we are positioned for a really strong finish. Losing Holley has been assumed for months and with all due respect to Mr. Holley, we are set to replace him with a better prospect.

I like you, Partner. You are a great poster and fan, but this ain't Cocky Talk. Recruiting concerns are real.
It has more to do with his whole array of posts on this site than the particular post I responded to. I can accept criticism, especially informed criticism, but constant and unending ad hominem attacks is just too much....and that's all his post history reflects.

Reactions: PC31
It has more to do with his whole array of posts on this site than the particular post I responded to. I can accept criticism, especially informed criticism, but constant and unending ad hominem attacks is just too much....and that's all his post history reflects.
I understand a focused retort of that kind. I'm waiting to see the rankings. Yes, I think they matter. I don't see where we've ever proven they DON'T matter.

Fact is we cannot afford to finish with a class outside the top 20 . Champ is many good things but when it comes to player development and gameday coaching his resume is pretty self explanatory . Not a bash it just is what it is . To win he’s got to have Elite talent . Pickens and Hillinski look like studs but to build the depth to compete he’s got to land classes at least in the middle of the pack in the SEC . Right now we are in the bottom half . He was hired for that one reason . Time to put up or shut up .

I have forgotten more Gamecock football than you know. I earned my usc merit badge a long time ago. As a grad and 30 plus year season ticket holder and Gamecock club member....yeah, I’m a newbie. Don’t want to see my posts? I bet you can use that ignore button.
Dude, everybody on GamecockCentral is a USC grad, has 30 plus years in the Gamecock club, drives an expensive sports car, married to a super model, has lunch with Muschamp, flies on team plane to away games. Welcome aboard.
I think you will like it here. We have no clemson trolls.

If we want to catch uga and klempson we have to recruit on that level. Like i said, hope things change.
But the chorus of those who sing the praises of his recruiting efforts use those recruiting efforts in an attempt to build a pantheon of praise to his abilities. I must be thick headed but please explain how we are moving forward by having our recruiting rank going south?:mad:

But the chorus of those who sing the praises of his recruiting efforts use those recruiting efforts in an attempt to build a pantheon of praise to his abilities. I must be thick headed but please explain how we are moving forward by having our recruiting rank going south?:mad:
Its all about the wins, not the stars.

He has won more games in 3 years than any other first 3 year coach USC has had.
sorry...he has played more high school teams too.
You guys over here on FGF are pretty uninformed as a whole when it comes to recruiting, y’all need to pony up and join. Things are going well and there is plenty to be excited about , big things are happening with this class and we are positioned for a really strong finish. Losing Holley has been assumed for months and with all due respect to Mr. Holley, we are set to replace him with a better prospect.
IF you say so!RollLaugh

Serious question for those who constantly cry and whine about recruiting.
What do you suggest Carolina should do about it?

I don’t think anyone knows what to do about it. I’ll bet if you asked CWM in a private setting he would even admit it’s been much tougher than he thought it would. Like the Bermuda Triangle, no one knows just why this place cannot seem to get great classes going. Heck we’ve tried for over 100 years. And to add to it our rivals upstate can do it and we cannot figure out how to do it ourselves.
We have the newest cars on the showroom floor (facilities) and still cannot seem to get it going. Yes we have a few difference makers who appear to be coming in. But when your rivals get three times as many every year AND still convince next years guys in the same positions to sign also, it’s kind of a lost cause to EXPECT things to change on the field. But what else can we do?

Muschamp got this job for one reason and one reason only ... he sold Ray on the fact he could land the Elite guys . Of all the head coaching vacancy’s at the time Nobody approached him but us , Nobody . If he can’t deliver on the one thing he hung his hat on then we are in trouble . I thought Muschamp would bring two three things to this program ; Intensity, Dynamite Defense , and Great Recruiting . Going into year 4 I’ll let you guys be the judge . He has done some great things here . If 7-5 8-4 is the ceiling then we have our guy . Maybe that is a good as it gets without Spurrier , no matter who the HC is . Still some time left to sign some difference makers but this class has plummeted. You lose 4 stars regardless of flips or enrollment issues it’s gonna hurt.

So are Muschamp and staff lazy now that they are here?
Are the "experts" wrong that Muschamp and staff are excellent recruiters?
Could it be that recruiting to South Carolina is the toughest sell most of these coaches have had to do?

Reactions: Judson1
Because Coach Muschamp is universally praised as one of the best and most relentless recruiters in football.
Who would recruit better. Lets hear the names of the recruiting wizards.

Reactions: Athenscock1
Because Coach Muschamp is universally praised as one of the best and most relentless recruiters in football.
Who would recruit better. Lets hear the names of the recruiting wizards.
Then we are going nowhere. No point in this exercise.

So are Muschamp and staff lazy now that they are here?
Are the "experts" wrong that Muschamp and staff are excellent recruiters?
Could it be that recruiting to South Carolina is the toughest sell most of these coaches have had to do?

No

Maybe , very easy to recruit and Texas , UF , Auburn and LSU .

Absolutely . Like selling a Honda when you have a Mercedes and BMW dealership in your backyard . It’s not a dig on Muschamp . Lou couldn’t do it , Spurrier couldn’t do it . They were just good enough X and O coaches to overcome it .

So the answer seems to be we suck we'll always suck so fire Muschamp.
OK!

And if anyone has the name of that super duper recruiter/game day coach that will succeed where EVERY OTHER RECRUITER COACH EVER at South Carolina fell, feel free to share it with us. The super coach who would actually come.

Reactions: rogue cock
Fact is we cannot afford to finish with a class outside the top 20 . Champ is many good things but when it comes to player development and gameday coaching his resume is pretty self explanatory . Not a bash it just is what it is . To win he’s got to have Elite talent . Pickens and Hillinski look like studs but to build the depth to compete he’s got to land classes at least in the middle of the pack in the SEC . Right now we are in the bottom half . He was hired for that one reason . Time to put up or shut up .
ELITE talent. Y'all hear that?

Cheat. When the NCAA comes snooping around, tell them you'll take the same punishment UNC got, otherwise go pound sand. Then keep cheating.

i agree...last i checked our avg player ranking was pretty good...at the time it was right with clemson....the numbers arent there yet but recruiting isnt over either....we have a doom and gloom crowd that i think actually enjoys being that way....

He has won more games in 3 years than any other first 3 year coach USC has had.
Yeah but unfortunately he came in when the whole East was a dumpster fire to get those results. If he had come in when Spurrier did those results I fear would be much dimmer. Without looking I bet Champs SOS during his tenure is easily 30-40 rankings lower. During Spurrier yrs SOS was often top 10, during Champ it has been 35-65 until this year it elevated.

If recruiting is so tough here what does Clemsin have that we don’t? Honestly?
Is a small town and a lake in the distance the key? Are all these big city recruits looking for nice trees and quaint settings? Somehow I don’t think that’s it. Clemson is in the same state we are. Same businesses, same money. Same state kids. Same out of state sales pitch.
Maybe we need one of those 6-7 years and we too can reel in 4 out of state 5-stars. That still leaves me wondering. But if that school can recruit why can’t the flagship school in the same state do the same?

Well, a lot of them were screaming to hire Fuente. I guess they would be happy with his record and recruiting. He's in one of the most fertile recruiting areas east of the Mississippi and can't sniff the top 25 in recruiting.

If recruiting is so tough here what does Clemsin have that we don’t? Honestly?
Is a small town and a lake in the distance the key? Are all these big city recruits looking for nice trees and quaint settings? Somehow I don’t think that’s it. Clemson is in the same state we are. Same businesses, same money. Same state kids. Same out of state sales pitch.
Maybe we need one of those 6-7 years and we too can reel in 4 out of state 5-stars. That still leaves me wondering. But if that school can recruit why can’t the flagship school in the same state do the same?

That has been my point for decades now. We actually have larger alumni base to draw money from. Both schools have the same obstacles. They overcome them. We...well, just flounder. No reason for the crap sandwich that we have been forced to eat for so long. Klempson made a decision to make football a priority. We never have.

Reactions: Judson1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT