ADVERTISEMENT

American Sniper

maybe rod doesnt like conspiracy theory....lol...is american sniper any good....have any of u seen it

It looks like a South Carolina versus Kentucky game. Does the scene take place during the early to mid 2000's? That's some kind of crazy attention to detail to put a game on the tv that would fit the timeline. Thinks about it: how many people besides Carolina fans would even recognize Balkman? Eastwood is a great filmmaker, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Saw the movie last night. Impressive, should make some who dodged military service ashamed and wish they hadn't. The title hits it, he was an American (partriot) and a sniper. Thanks to Clint for making a great film.

Great movie IMO. Saw it yesterday. Chris Kyle was a great American and a true patriot.
Don't want to give the movie away...but there's a line in the movie...where another person says to him..."They say you have 161 confirmed kills...that saved a lot of American lives." Kyle responds by saying, "Yea...but wish I was able to save the more of the lives that were lost."

Many in the audience where I attended applauded out loud when the movie was over.

The movie is awesome. As far as the kids, the language is pretty rough and the shooting is graphic. I'm not a movie goer but i would go see this one again.

Fan 04
I believe the film would be acceptable for your teenage kids..language at times gets moderate as for as cussing but a great story and good movie for all ages. The man Chris Kyle was a great American

Originally posted by Rod Dangerfield:
Jesse Ventura is an asshole.
Ventura proved in court that Kyle lied about punching him. The ruling was appealed and Jesse won the appeals He got a nice check from Kyle's estate and the publisher, plus the publisher has to remove the story alleged to be about Ventura from future copies of the book.
With that being said, I agree Jesse Ventura is an asshole.

Read the book a while back and I see where he was successfully sued for lying to the tune of nearly two million dollars. Regardless, R.I.P.

Originally posted by Iva Cock:

Ventura proved in court that Kyle lied about punching him.
Bizarre....must be a reasonable explantion for why Kyle wrote that. Jesse is over the top at times, but not sure he would do something as stated. Hasn't he always been pro-US and patriotic?

Re: American Sniper/Michael Moore

Did you guys hear what Moore said about the guy from the movie? He said he was a coward! Wow, just when you think people can't say anything more stupid.

Originally posted by tigerRob1981:
Did you guys hear what Moore said about the guy from the movie? He said he was a coward! Wow, just when you think people can't say anything more stupid.
Ha ha. Why would anyone be surprised by that? Sounds like a challenge to a fist fight to me. Unless Michael Moore is a coward. [Edit] I just read that sniper the movie is about isn't even alive any more. Calling a dead man a coward for serving his country. I wonder what that makes him.

This post was edited on 1/18 8:59 PM by ReadR00ster

I said the same thing to myself as I was walking out after seeing it. It was one of the first thoughts in my head was what a jerk Ventura is/was.....

Not a huge fan of Jerry Jones but I was told he footed the bill for most of the SEALS that came to the service at Texas Stadium (rooms, meals, travel, etc)......Hat's off to Jones if indeed true!

Ventura proved in court that Kyle lied about punching him. The ruling was appealed and Jesse won the appeals He got a nice check from Kyle's estate and the publisher, plus the publisher has to remove the story alleged to be about Ventura from future copies of the book.
And OJ's team proved that blood soaked gloves didn't fit in court knowing the jury was too dumb to know that leather gloves when wet would shrink...

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:

Ha ha. Why would anyone be surprised by that? Sounds like a challenge to a fist fight to me. Unless Michael Moore is a coward. [Edit] I just read that sniper the movie is about isn't even alive any more. Calling a dead man a coward for serving his country. I wonder what that makes him.

I'm surprised Michael Moore hasn't been taken out by someone yet. Straight up scum of the earth.

Originally posted by world famous 3rd base hecklers:

And OJ's team proved that blood soaked gloves didn't fit in court knowing the jury was too dumb to know that leather gloves when wet would shrink...
Did you know either one of these guys? I agree that Ventura gets whacky, but to his credit he was a Seal as well and I assume served his country no less honorably than CK. Like Ventura, it's possible that CK could get a little whacky as well. Though I have not read his autobiography, I believe he states in it that he also killed two carjackers in texas as well as sniped looters following hurricane Katrina. Maybe someone can clarify or correct what I read, but if he did state that as fact then him being somewhat a liar would almost be guaranteed.

As an American, and someone who has never served, I certainly appreciate what guys like CK and JV did, but no more than anyone who went over there and put their lives on the line when duty called.

Originally posted by LAST MANGO:

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:

I'm surprised Michael Moore hasn't been taken out by someone yet. Straight up scum of the earth.
MM wanted a headline and he got one. I don't think he was calling CK a coward personally. He said his uncle was killed in WWII by a sniper, and was taught that snipers in general were cowards. Not sure that makes him scum of the earth, but he certainly was looking for a reaction with his comments no doubt.

I was shocked with the verdict in the court case. I saw a TV interview with other Seal team members that said they were there and it happened just like the book said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT