ADVERTISEMENT

And down goes UCONN to unranked Marquette

“The streak is over. With its 59-52 loss at Marquette on Wednesday night in Milwaukee, the UConn women’s basketball team dropped back-to-back games for the first time since March 1993.” (Hartford Courant)
Maybe Geno should have been preparing his team rather than being stuck in the past.

Reactions: swamp fox1
Never good to have a glass jaw exposed
Lol…remember, they only have 8 players…and can only play 7. If I heard that last Sunday once I heard it 30 times as the excuse. We play up to 13 players, and Dawn brought in Thompson against Stanford for important minutes so that’s 14.

So the question for Geno….whose fault is your lack of depth? Do they only carry 10 on their roster?

Lol…remember, they only have 8 players…and can only play 7. If I heard that last Sunday once I heard it 30 times as the excuse. We play up to 13 players, and Dawn brought in Thompson against Stanford for important minutes so that’s 14.

So the question for Geno….whose fault is your lack of depth? Do they only carry 10 on their roster?
Something is definitely not right if his players are sustaining significant injuries year after year. The UCONN fans are beginning to understand what it feels like to be a Kentucky men’s team fan.

“The streak is over. With its 59-52 loss at Marquette on Wednesday night in Milwaukee, the UConn women’s basketball team dropped back-to-back games for the first time since March 1993.” (Hartford Courant)
I think Dawns purpose was to protect and defend her team but I think an unintentional benefit is perhaps UConn lost focus and let one loss become two.

Reactions: swamp fox1
Something is definitely not right if his players are sustaining significant injuries year after year. The UCONN fans are beginning to understand what it feels like to be a Kentucky men’s team fan.
It’s not that…..but they have Bueckers, Fudd, and one other good player injured….8+3=11
Does he not carry 14 or 15 like most teams? 14 - 3 injured would leave 11 instead of 8. That’s on them.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
The next time we play them, Dawn should call a time out so that UCONN can get a blow. She should ask Geno to tell her when they're ready to get back on the court. Maybe our girls could hand the UCONN players a few bottles of water.

Ok…my apologies to Uconn….I couldn’t figure out the only 8 player thing when alls we kept hearing about was the three. I now see they have 6 out so now I get it.

I think Dawns purpose was to protect and defend her team but I think an unintentional benefit is perhaps UConn lost focus and let one loss become two.
what I am trying to figure out is how did they lose to us and move up a spot in the rankings. it'll be curios to if they move up after 2 loses back to back. they still have them as a 1 seed, can't help but smdh

what I am trying to figure out is how did they lose to us and move up a spot in the rankings. it'll be curios to if they move up after 2 loses back to back. they still have them as a 1 seed, can't help but smdh
The NCAA clearly wants UConn to be around at the end. They are going to get a 1 or the easiest 2 seed in the country. I’m still personally not over us being sent to the West Coast for games when we were the best team in the country.

UConn posters think once they get a couple of injured players back they'll win in our next meeting.

Well we beat them at their place and it wasn't one of our better games.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
The NCAA clearly wants UConn to be around at the end. They are going to get a 1 or the easiest 2 seed in the country. I’m still personally not over us being sent to the West Coast for games when we were the best team in the country.
Yeah, they definitely had a lot against us. We were the 1 seed in the West, with Stanford as the 2 seed and hosting the regionals.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT