ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese uses Gamecocks as excuse to diss Clark

Trust me, you can win and not belittle your opponent in the process. Nobody does it anymore, so nobody knows what it looks like. Of course the goal is to win. Be classy in doing it is all I am saying.
I guess we can agree to disagree on this. You have a good sentiment, but a poor victim. The key thing that let's me know you have a poor victim as I haven't seen one player come out against Reese on either team. Even Caitlin Clarke says the criticism of Reese is unfair. Clarke knows what she had been doing all year and she knows the energy she got back on Sunday. Most of these experts on sportsmanship never played anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatestCock
Actually, I am admitting that Reese was being obnoxious and stating that a lot of people don't care because Clarke has been obnoxious to players all year and nobody said a thing. She had it coming in my opinion.
Reese did that too. You guys are trying to tell this kid how to win and be a sportsman and I don't think that's fair. Especially, when Clarke was allowed to clown people all year. The minute Clarke gets a little of her own medicine, everyone wants to whine about sportsmanship. You guys can have a problem with Reese all you want. I'll take someone with some edge to her on my team all day long. I bet you Kim Mulkey will to. Maybe if we had a little of that, we would have won Friday night. I know the Sportsmanlike thing is to be modest and shake hands after the game. However, if you played in any sort of sport at a high level, the goal is to kick the other team's "you know what" and let 'em know about if that is what you choose to do.

You’re just saying you’re a bad sport.

But I don’t believe you actually believe what you’re typing.

You’re just saying you’re a bad sport.

But I don’t believe you actually believe what you’re typing.
Call me a bad sport. Whatever. I had my days when I was a good sport. Had my days as a bad sport. It's hard being a good sport as Cornerback when a Wide Receiver grabs your face mask for locking him up on the previous play. What? Am I supposed to shake a guy's hand and say good game to someone who is grabbing me by the facemask and hurt me? I believe football players understand this the most. There is an ugliness to sport that the average person just does not understand.

Reactions: GreatestCock
Call me a bad sport. Whatever. I had my days when I was a good sport. Had my days as a bad sport. It's hard being a good sport as Cornerback when a Wide Receiver grabs your face mask for locking him up on the previous play. What? Am I supposed to shake a guy's hand and say good game to someone who is grabbing me by the facemask and hurt me? I believe football players understand this the most. There is an ugliness to sport that the average person just does not understand.

I think anyone who has played sports knows that you’re soft if what Clark did hurts your feelings and you’re even softer if what Reese did doesn’t bother you.

I think anyone who has played sports knows that you’re soft if what Clark did hurts your feelings and you’re even softer if what Reese did doesn’t bother you.
LOL because I am not bothered by a ring gesture and the John Cena. You are taking this way too far. The only thing I would say to Reese is you didn't have to follow her and you didn't have to curse her. Besides that, I have absolutely no feeling about the matter whatsoever. It's sports, players are going to over the top sometimes and it has never bothered me. You are barking up the wrong tree on the sportsmanship matter as you are dealing with someone that believes they should retire the sportsmanship handshake line. I believe it's fake. I liked Larry Bird just walking off and not shaking anyone's hand after he lost. It may have not be so called, sportsmanlike, but it was real and illustrated the hurt that he was feeling at the time. Not big on penting up your feelings to do fake niceties.

LOL because I am not bothered by a ring gesture and the John Cena. You are taking this way too far. The only thing I would say to Reese is you didn't have to follow her and you didn't have to curse her. Besides that, I have absolutely no feeling about the matter whatsoever. It's sports, players are going to over the top sometimes and it has never bothered me. You are barking up the wrong tree on the sportsmanship matter as you are dealing with someone that believes they should retire the sportsmanship handshake line. I believe it's fake. I liked Larry Bird just walking off and not shaking anyone's hand after he lost. It may have not be so called, sportsmanlike, but it was real and illustrated the hurt that he was feeling at the time. Not big on penting up your feelings to do fake niceties.

I just think you’re soft bevause you would let someone clown you like Reese did.

It's one thing to shoosh the crowd or make random gestures not specifically targeting another player. It's another to follow a player around and try to taunt them in their face. Has CC done the later to players before?

Reactions: cockofdawn

Some of the men on this board that can't dribble a basketball are more upset that Clark was taunted than Clark is

LOL

The usual suspects- again.

Nah, you're soft. You let something petty and common get you all butthurt and effect your feelings. That's Charmin soft right there. It's much stronger to be someone who doesn't care what others thinks and applauds loudly and celebrates individuality.

Mulkey says she enjoys coaching strong personalities because she is one. Two players she brought in fit that mold and they just won her a national championship. Clark did the "can't see you" diss to our team and said she was ok with the same treatment from Angel. Some of you don't watch these games very closely or you're just looking for something to criticize.

Nah, you're soft. You let something petty and common get you all butthurt and effect your feelings. That's Charmin soft right there. It's much stronger to be someone who doesn't care what others thinks and applauds loudly and celebrates individuality.

To quote Jack Del Rio, you're the type of person that let's someone come in your house and crap on your rug.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this. You have a good sentiment, but a poor victim. The key thing that let's me know you have a poor victim as I haven't seen one player come out against Reese on either team. Even Caitlin Clarke says the criticism of Reese is unfair. Clarke knows what she had been doing all year and she knows the energy she got back on Sunday. Most of these experts on sportsmanship never played anything.
Who the hell said Reese was a victim? All I said is I think what she did was classless. I don't care what Caitlin Clark thinks because she acts just the same. IMO, if you have to belittle others to feeI good about yourself, that says it all. I agree though, we can agree to disagree and I do appreciate your perspective.

Before this Reese was just another good player. After this, her social media is at an all time high with added NIL money to follow.

i think this sums up this thread at this point

Dave, you could just report it to the censorship gods as you have in the past. I'm sure there's something they could use to justify removing like they did with the Staley thread. The last thing we need is fans and alumni having a discussion about coaching and how a coach represents the university. No forum should ensure that. Just send donations or sign up for our paid service...but don't question authority for god's sake.

BTW, if you decide to do this, make sure that you remove your tag line again as it might draw some attention to your hypocrisy: This one: "DeeDave is a racist and supported the January 6th Insurrection at the Capital carried out by Trump cult members" - @bill222

Dave, you could just report it to the censorship gods as you have in the past. I'm sure there's something they could use to justify removing like they did with the Staley thread. The last thing we need is fans and alumni having a discussion about coaching and how a coach represents the university. No forum should ensure that. Just send donations or sign up for our paid service...but don't question authority for god's sake.

Thanks for the reminder. I will report it immediately.

x-pac suck it GIF by WWE

Those who are so triggered by woman basketball players doing the Jon Cena You can’t see me hand gesture- are about to have an absolute meltdown when they see the DX SUCK IT gesture!

x-pac suck it GIF by WWE

Those who are so triggered by woman basketball players doing the Jon Cena You can’t see me hand gesture- are about to have an absolute meltdown when they see the DX SUCK IT gesture!

LOL. You do realize that is a scripted show, not real sports, don't you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT