ADVERTISEMENT

Another MB Radio Thread

SCGCock07

Apr 15, 2009
Conway, SC
I posted last week about the IMG affiliate in Myrtle Beach not carrying any baseball games despite being listed as carrying them. Well, the station has not carried the last two basketball games and no other station has picked them up in the area. I find it ridiculous that one of the most populous counties in SC isn't carrying the baseball and basketball games for its flagship university. Does anyone here have any explanation for this situation?

Reactions: conwayscock
I was trying to find the baseball game in Charleston area but Bobby Hartin was on 910AM and 98.9FM. Who knows, I'm sure someone smarter than me was able to listen to it.

Reactions: IrmoRed
I posted last week about the IMG affiliate in Myrtle Beach not carrying any baseball games despite being listed as carrying them. Well, the station has not carried the last two basketball games and no other station has picked them up in the area. I find it ridiculous that one of the most populous counties in SC isn't carrying the baseball and basketball games for its flagship university. Does anyone here have any explanation for this situation?

There was no statewide broadcast of the baseball game due to basketball. This should be the last of the midweek conflicts. May be a few more coming next weekend depending on when the Gamecocks play in the SEC Tournament.

It is time the USC media guys update the radio station page . 1440 in Greenville carried the Furman baseball games. 104.9 hasn't played a baseball game yet.

Img says they will look into but said u can go online and download app to stream the games. I guess if you had an unlimited data plan on your phone then that would be ok.

Atleast this weekend the games will be on in Greenville. The taters have 2-3 stations that carry their games. Gotta give them credit. They have always had better media coverage.

Reactions: Ladycockcock
Radio coverage is bull chit. Several yrs ago I was in pigeon forge. Flipped the radio over to 93.3 and damn it was the taters football game loud and clear. Here I am In Laurens and I can't get the baseball game. But I can get all three tater sports if I want.

It is 2017 WAKE UP and put my gamecocks on one freaking station that I can receive in my town. No- we want to charge ur azz
For this. It's another example of how
Clemson does something better than us

It is time the USC media guys update the radio station page . 1440 in Greenville carried the Furman baseball games. 104.9 hasn't played a baseball game yet.

Img says they will look into but said u can go online and download app to stream the games. I guess if you had an unlimited data plan on your phone then that would be ok.

Atleast this weekend the games will be on in Greenville. The taters have 2-3 stations that carry their games. Gotta give them credit. They have always had better media coverage.

It doesn't use that much data. I do it all the time, and don't have unlimited data.

I get it bat girl. My iphone6 is a company phone. So really try not to abuse it by downloading games, apps , etc. besides. It speaks volumes that the athaletic department can't do better for fans outside the Columbia area. Just my opinion. It's obviously not a big deal or more people would be complaining . That in itself is an indicator that no one really cares.

I get it bat girl. My iphone6 is a company phone. So really try not to abuse it by downloading games, apps , etc. besides. It speaks volumes that the athaletic department can't do better for fans outside the Columbia area. Just my opinion. It's obviously not a big deal or more people would be complaining . That in itself is an indicator that no one really cares.
Gotcha. Company phone...I understand completely. :)

Even though Horry County is quite populous, are there enough Gamecock fans in the area to make it profitable for a radio station in MB/Conway to carry contests? I think Beaufort County has similar issues.

Even though Horry County is quite populous, are there enough Gamecock fans in the area to make it profitable for a radio station in MB/Conway to carry contests? I think Beaufort County has similar issues.

There are a lot of Gamecock fans in Horry and Georgetown Counties. The Gamecock Club just had an event down here at Thoroughbreds with the football staff and it was packed. We significantly outnumber the Clemson folks even with their success. It just feels like we're forgotten about up here with no radio games.

My explanation is get the watch ESPN app and forget the radio!
Explanation/ recommendation... same thing!

Especially with the defending national champions in that market?

Interesting point. Does anybody know what radio broadcasts/network CCU has for baseball?

All CCU sports are broadcast on 100.3 in Conway/Myrtle Beach. The feed is good up to Calabash, down to Georgetown, and west to Brittons Neck and Rains/Centenary in Marion County.

Hartin is best qualified to shine some light on the radio coverage. He told his listeners that App State was not statewide coverage, for example.
I recommend you all stream 98.9 FM from 3-6 Monday- Friday. It's in Charleston.
Point is, he knows the nuts and bolts of coverage.
(And he deals with" Dave" daily. Statewide he is known as "Glenn from Charleston")

Last edited:
I remember Britton's Neck - the old Park and Blow:rolleyes:

Are there any other stations carrying Chants baseball?

Not that I know of. Outside of Horry and Georgetown Counties, there aren't big groups of CCU alums anywhere in SC. They have a ton of out of state kids.

My work cell phone has unlimited data, and nobody is ever called on it. Unfortunately, it is also incredibly secure, so we cannot install apps at random. Believe me when I tell you that the IMG app would not pass muster!

And my thinking is that there are also a ton of residents of Horry County originally from out of state - up north, most likely.

There are, but the county population is over 250k. There are also a ton of natives. Even assuming only half the population is from here, that's over 100k people. And when it comes to natives, there are far more Gamecock fans here than Clemson or even Coastal fans. Remember the 2010 Super Regional in Myrtle Beach? There were as many Gamecock fans as there were Coastal fans.

There are, but the county population is over 250k. There are also a ton of natives. Even assuming only half the population is from here, that's over 100k people. And when it comes to natives, there are far more Gamecock fans here than Clemson or even Coastal fans. Remember the 2010 Super Regional in Myrtle Beach? There were as many Gamecock fans as there were Coastal fans.
I wonder how may of those Gamecock fans were from the Pee Dee/Grand Strand?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT