ADVERTISEMENT

Any body else feel as I feel?

Here's what I think, I think we are overthinking it too much. The UGA AD is an idiot (their fans have said as much) and he's too dumb to think two steps ahead. They don't have a plan before they canned Richt, trust me. I also don't believe Herman or us are the best secret keepers in the world and that there's some magical deal in place that we will find out about. I'm afraid that the reason you don't hear any rumors is because there aren't any rumors to hear, nothing is going on. We were turned down but haven't accepted it yet. I don't think this stuff is as complicated as people are making it out to be. I also think VT said "screw all you idiots doing this dance, we are striking while the iron is hot" and called Fuenete and he said hell yes ill come. I think we have a good job to offer but I think we are about to be humbled and find out that we ain't the only gig in town that's a good job. A lot of hard lessons will be learned from this I'm afraid, we've never had to really battle in the marketplace for a football coach before. We are about to learn just how this business works and it ain't always pretty.

You are 100% right about UGA's AD being an idiot, he is a glorified ticket counter. But he has wanted Richt gone for 2 seasons and this year gave him a chance to act. He hates our DC, wanted to fire him and Richt called in some of his booster friends. But the showing we had at UF this year did Richt in, supposely it was decided he was gone after that game regardless of what happened the rest of the year. Last week, UGA's biggest booster flew in and had a meeting with school president, contacted Smart and struck a deal with the details to be ironed out later, Smart wants the job. Now the word is the AD was wanting to pinch pennies with funds to fill out the staff and Kirby balked, in comes the previous booster to tell him he best not screw this up. Rumor is Smart wants Pruitt to stay on as DC, or he wants Muschamp who would cost quite a bit, but he hates Pruitt. So that is where we are supposely at in our search. I can't swear if all of that is true or if any part of it is true, but that is what some who have been on top of things with previous hires and commits. Ball is in our court so it seems.

Reactions: robertfootball
I tell you, that Stoops boy appeared to have the corner turned but wound up just running into another wall. One more year like this year will probably finish him.

UK fans feel they are stuck with him until at least after the 17 season, their AD put a crazy buyout in his new contract, its 18 mil right now, goes down 3 a year, according to their fans. That's crazy numbers for a coach who hasn't had a winning record.

Reactions: king ward
Damn right. People that read too much into things are usually disappointed. I'm going by what I see and everything I posted is fact.

You said, and I quote........"your afraid there's no rumor because nothing is going on." So I guess Tanner and the Herman camp are keeping you posted. Has it ever occurred to all you geniuses that a possible coach that we want is still playing and playing for something special so no way we can "announce" anything. I'm not sure it's true, but you're not sure it's not. I would have less respect for any coach we hire that still had meaningful games left and bailed on their school. Also, maybe they don't want their players upset prior to a big game and feel waiting the the season is ACTUALLY over before making any moves. UGA may be able to get a coach in a week or two. But that has more to do with the season is now a week from being over, and the fact they only lost their coach yesterday.

You said, and I quote........"your afraid there's no rumor because nothing is going on." So I guess Tanner and the Herman camp are keeping you posted. Has it ever occurred to all you geniuses that a possible coach that we want is still playing and playing for something special so no way we can "announce" anything. I'm not sure it's true, but you're not sure it's not. I would have less respect for any coach we hire that still had meaningful games left and bailed on their school. Also, maybe they don't want their players upset prior to a big game and feel waiting the the season is ACTUALLY over before making any moves. UGA may be able to get a coach in a week or two. But that has more to do with the season is now a week from being over, and the fact they only lost their coach yesterday.
Let's put it like this, brother, if we end up with Herman that will be the biggest shock to all of the open jobs out there. Bigger than Chip Kelly going to So Cal. Bigger than big. NOBODY is expecting it, nobody is even talking about it being a remote possibility.

Let's put it like this, brother, if we end up with Herman that will be the biggest shock to all of the open jobs out there. Bigger than Chip Kelly going to So Cal. Bigger than big. NOBODY is expecting it, nobody is even talking about it being a remote possibility.

OK.........maybe it's not Herman.........maybe it's Smart...........maybe it's not.............maybe it is Herman. Bottom line, no one knows at this point. And I agree with you, if it's Herman, it was well guarded. Heck, if we'd have hired Butch Jones several years ago, I would have been pissed. But watching the way he's building UT I realize I would have simply been wrong. He was not high profile, but he's getting it done with a foundation. I hope we end up with someone like that so there's lots of possible candidates (not just Herman and Smart). I trust Ray Tanner to make a good choice.

I guess then we have see how knowledgeable "NOBODY" turns out to be.

I guess then we have see how knowledgeable "NOBODY" turns out to be.
6c9d92c01f7b3268c25c6bd531d9f949.350x350x1.jpg

UK fans feel they are stuck with him until at least after the 17 season, their AD put a crazy buyout in his new contract, its 18 mil right now, goes down 3 a year, according to their fans. That's crazy numbers for a coach who hasn't had a winning record.
By the way, I saw that snarky, inhospitable response you got from that other poster. I can't find it right now. For my part, you are a welcome poster. I enjoy exchanging ideas with you.

This got me curious. So here is a snippet from http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ball-coach-mark-stoops-new-contract/18251435/

"Stoops' new guaranteed compensation

2014 – $2.7 million (after prorated raise)

2015 – $3.25 million

2016 – $3.5 million

2017 – $3.75 million

2018 – $4.0 million

2019 – $4.25 million

Incentives

$250,000 for each win beginning with the seventh win of each season

$200,000 if UK wins the SEC championship game or plays in a BCS bowl

$200,000 if UK wins the national championship

$125,000 if UK plays in a non-BCS bowl with a payout of more than $2 million

$50,000 if UK has a team GPA of 2.75 or higher in any semester (not counting summers)

$50,000 if UK achieves a minimum of a .950 Academic Progress Rate

Buyout

If Stoops is terminated before Dec. 1, 2017 without cause, he's owed the entirety of his remaining contract.

If terminated between Dec. 1, 2017 and Nov. 30, 2018, he gets 80 percent of his remaining salary.

If terminated any time after Nov. 30, 2019, he'll receive 60 percent of his remaining salary."

No idea whether incentives are counted as part of salary, but one thing is not in doubt: The Kentucky AD is a madman. It's still a pretty heft buyout after 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT