ADVERTISEMENT

What you think about Lamont now?

All about the bottom line. It would depend on revenue figures between the two.

If the women are matching or exceeding men's numbers, I would believe Dawn might take issue with being paid less and rightfully so.
I don't know what the attendance figures have been over the years for the women. What I do know is that she would be about 24th among the men in pay. If that is an issue for her, I would suspect she would have complained long ago before now. rather than now regarding someone she likes and confides closely with.

I don't know what the attendance figures have been over the years for the women. What I do know is that she would be about 24th among the men in pay. If that is an issue for her, I would suspect she would have complained long ago before now. rather than now regarding someone she likes and confides closely with.

It honestly doesn't matter when you have an apples-to-apples comparison. How much is she bringing into the University versus the men's game? That's the question and pay will likely ratio out accordingly. It's really the only fair way to do it because that revenue is paying their salaries.

It honestly doesn't matter when you have an apples-to-apples comparison. How much is she bringing into the University versus the men's game? That's the question and pay will likely ratio out accordingly. It's really the only fair way to do it because that revenue is paying their salaries.
That won't be our problem. It will be for Tanner to work out. And I suspect he knows what he will do (and I've a hunch has the full support of Dawn). Who knows???????..... some may want to be paid in bitcoin. LOL

You are giving me too much credit for "loyalty" to and "optimism" about Beamer. I'm fully supportive and want him to succeed. There were a couple of staff changes not made that I thought needed to be made. So, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach.

LOL!!! Like a change at HBC.

Sorry, ... I am not a supporter and to state any more does not aid our program.

My point is that Dawn is the boss of her life. If she feels compensated well enough, then that's that. And I suspect that being the highest paid woman's college basketball coach is good enough for her.
I believe Mulkey is now the highest paid WBB coach. That said, I think Dawn would be fine if the university gave her that title once again.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Dawn is great and deserves to be paid very well. Does she deserve more than Mulkey or Geno, based upon National Championship titles? If so, why?

I think Dawn makes around $3.5 mil per yr. —I may be wrong about that though. With “equity and equality” being close to Dawn’s heart would it be appropriate for Lamont and Dawn to be paid the same amount?

The two are independent situations. As far as what's near and dear, it's not her issue nor should anyone care what she thinks.

Come on man, you are making too much sense. 😁

Reactions: Ward Jr
Dawn is great and deserves to be paid very well. Does she deserve more than Mulkey or Geno, based upon National Championship titles? If so, why?

She deserves to be paid whatever it takes to keep her at the University of South Carolina

and she will be.

I have been wondering the same. I recall reading somewhere that we have the highest women's basketball budget in the nation.

It could also be a matter of how much more we would lose just being average. Minimize the loss since WBB is a required program.
Again... I don't know the answer.

Geno and Dawn seem to have similar compensation packages at this point and that's probably about where it should be. Geno obviously has had a much longer career and more overall success, while Dawn has been better over the past 5-7 years which is enough time to garner that respect.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I have been wondering the same. I recall reading somewhere that we have the highest women's basketball budget in the nation.

It is ALWAYS smart to be on a winner's bandwagon. And Coach Staley deserves every single accolade bestowed upon her. Vertruly, every single time, Coach Staley's name is mentioned, I recommend reading her Wikipedia Bio. on-line. On and off the court she is an individual you want to be associated with.

I propositioned the Vatican for Sainthood (I know, I know ... Canonization) for Saint Stephen Spurrier but his being the son of a Methodist Minister did not aid my cause. I'm hoping for better results for Saint Dawn Staley.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
It is ALWAYS smart to be on a winner's bandwagon. And Coach Staley deserves every single accolade bestowed upon her. Vertruly, every single time, Coach Staley's name is mentioned, I recommend reading her Wikipedia Bio. on-line. On and off the court she is an individual you want to be associated with.

I propositioned the Vatican for Sainthood for Saint Stephen Spurrier but being the son of a Methodist Minister did not aid my cause. I'm hoping for better results for Saint Dawn Staley.
I like Dawn. When I think of her and women's basketball, I think of the Roger Moore "Bond" song, "Nobody Does It Better".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT