ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else amazed by Boston’s mid-range shot?

hahnenkampf

Aug 7, 2005
She looks comfortable making it. I didn’t think she had that dimension to her game. I watched Dawn’s postgame interview where she said it has always been there but they didn’t want to show it until she got the inside game down pat. This lady is going to be a superstar.

She has a fluid shooting motion. Hopefully the SEC won't let her get beat up underneath.

She looks comfortable making it. I didn’t think she had that dimension to her game. I watched Dawn’s postgame interview where she said it has always been there but they didn’t want to show it until she got the inside game down pat. This lady is going to be a superstar.
Going to be a superstar? She is already the best player in the SEC! She nailed midrange jumpers in HS.

Reactions: Gamekem and okccock
Yes it was surprising. CDS knew she could hit those shots in practice and (I bet) told her to go for it in that last game. Now teams have to defend her differently. A smaller player (most of them) can’t block her jump shot. Also, she doesn’t get banged around and won’t collect as many fouls. I’d try to play Boston, Kiki, and Amihere at the same time to see if anyone can defend that. It will be fun.

I saw her take one of those shots the other day and I was like, "Whoa! No! What is she do.....YES!" Laughing She looked smooth and natural making that shot!

Dawn talked about how they have been working on the 12-15 footer. She said they rolled it now because Dawn is now comfortable with her consistency.
This may be Gamecock heresy but the stats will back me up, Boston is having significantly better Fr. Year than A’ja. More rebounds(esp. OREB) assists, and blocks. Better fg and ft %. Fewer turnovers. Also a better grasp of overall Off and Def scheme. The things she needs to work on are better conditioning and dribble drive when defenders have to respect jumper
She will be National & SEC freshman POY. National & SEC all defensive team. First team all SEC and make 2nd team All American

Reactions: hahnenkampf
Going to be? She is probably the best player in the SEC as a freshman.

It is impressive, but I wish they had waited until the UConn game to unveil it...

It is impressive, but I wish they had waited until the UConn game to unveil it...

BTW, who here wants to bet that by the time she is a senior, she'll have extended her range to the three point line?

Well, watching her shoot free throws, l kind of figured she had a decent midrange shot. I believe Lele may have one as well but seems hesitant to shoot anywhere but under the basket.

Remember how Spurrier would occasionally break out an Emory and Henry formation to give future opponents something to prepare for? Same thing. Future opponents will have to plan for Aliyah's pick and pop and there are more tricks up Dawn's sleeve for when they stop that.

Yes it was surprising. CDS knew she could hit those shots in practice and (I bet) told her to go for it in that last game. Now teams have to defend her differently. A smaller player (most of them) can’t block her jump shot. Also, she doesn’t get banged around and won’t collect as many fouls. I’d try to play Boston, Kiki, and Amihere at the same time to see if anyone can defend that. It will be fun.
That is sound stratagem! But Amihere is still 2-3 weeks away. She's getting there. But she missed so much time the last few years, the process has been slower than I anticipated

When did the term "dribble drive" become a thing? I hear some announcers say it like it's some new basketball move. In my day, we called it "taking you to the hole".

When did the term "dribble drive" become a thing? I hear some announcers say it like it's some new basketball move. In my day, we called it "taking you to the hole".

There’s another thread discussing that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT