ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody out of work or been out of work during all this?

Since the end of March (still like this) we've been open every day but employees only work about 2 days a week alternating schedule.

This mess may very-well have been the final nail in the coffin for my wife’s employer. She was laid off a few weeks ago...... just in time for those extra benefits to expire. Me, thankfully I’ve haven’t missed any work time/pay.

This mess may very-well have been the final nail in the coffin for my wife’s employer. She was laid off a few weeks ago...... just in time for those extra benefits to expire. Me, thankfully I’ve haven’t missed any work time/pay.

Hope things work out for your family. Been unemployed before, your wife will get through this, if she loses her job permanently.

I was out if work the first few months- the place I worked for closed their Columbia office and I had to find a new job. I literally was hired by the first place I interviewed for but then the COVID lockdown happened and they got slow so they delayed my start date. I am back at work FT now, but I was off for a month or two with a severance package from my old job, could have gone and traveled the world... but Noooo Covid had me sitting home alone.

We were a little slower than usual for a few weeks when the market was uncertain early on...but for the past few months, I’ve been busier than I’ve ever been.
This is us. If my boss wasn't a germophobe I'd be working now. Will go back on Monday.

Reactions: 803blf
I’ve been very fortunate to have not lost any time at work. It’s obviously made this time easier. I can’t imagine what some other families must be going through. Just read that in Atlanta they are starting up the eviction hearings this month. I just keep trying to give to as many charities as I can that help feed and pay rent for local people affected by all this.

My trucking business has been a little off but not enough to have any drivers hurting. Storage is way up tho as many warehouses are at capacity or behind schedule due to help to offload their goods. I've pretty much become a container motel. I'm very lucky.

A good percentage of our business is the medical field. So we were busier than ever for a while with the pop-up triage units. And I already worked from home. But it's starting to wane a bit. I won't likely get let go even if we fall on hard times. I'm planning on 6 more years to retirement.

I know some people in the medical field had their hours cut as hospitals emptied beds anticipating the COVID cases that didn't materialize.

I am an independent insurance adjuster, and then buy and flip houses on the side. The adjusting biz has sucked. This "hurricane" that just came through was a total bust for adjusters needing work. Not enough claims beyond what the local staff guys can handle. Been extremely slow for the last 3-4 months. Only thing keeping me going is money made on the house flipping side.

I retired from a firearms company in April after 38 years.. I'm hearing from friends that work there that they are busier than they have ever been.
You have any info on what’s up with Remington?i read a couple weeks ago that they filled or going to file for bankruptcy.

I worked straight through the Covid19 pandemic without skipping a beat so far. Nothing changed for me. Business as usual.I was fortunate.
Most of my neighbors, friends and family all get to work from home. Speaking to which- working from home might be the new thing. People are less stressed. They can sneak off on more mini vacations. I don’t know if the same quantity and quality of work is being done though.

Last edited:
I am an independent insurance adjuster, and then buy and flip houses on the side. The adjusting biz has sucked. This "hurricane" that just came through was a total bust for adjusters needing work. Not enough claims beyond what the local staff guys can handle. Been extremely slow for the last 3-4 months. Only thing keeping me going is money made on the house flipping side.

You can find houses to flip??

Cant find anything in Cola.

Busier than ever here(IT Field).... I've worked from home for +12 years now, the chaos for me was e-learning with two teenagers and a wife who isn't tech savvy having to work from home for a several weeks.

When you buy a house to flip due you renovate the house yourself or have it done by contractor?

I retired from a firearms company in April after 38 years.. I'm hearing from friends that work there that they are busier than they have ever been.

Just ordered 1,000 rounds on 9mm ammo. Original backorder was October, then moved to 8-27. Sigs, Glocks, and a few other handguns aren't available right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT