ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Else Nervous?

GarnetCocky1

Oct 3, 2015
This is a huge game for us and will tell us more about where we really stand. It was heartening to see us blow out Vandy despite not playing our best game.

I feel like if we win Saturday, we are in prime position to win nearly every game going forward.

Last edited:
Everybody's on edge in our camp, that's for sure. Hope everyone stays healthy. Hated to see Samuel hurt last year. I'm sure it will be a great game.

This is a measuring stick game.

Many of you thought the UGA game was... I tried...
At this moment...

Top Tier SEC- Bama UGA
Second Tier- Kentucky LSU
Third Tier-everyone else except
Forth Tier-Tenn

This game makes no difference if we’re competitive in SEC race because if by some miracle we went to SECCG we would lose to Bama by 50. This game just determines if we are at the level to at least be in conversation about where the SEC strength lies.

At this moment...

Top Tier SEC- Bama UGA
Forth Tier-Tenn

This game makes no difference if we’re competitive in SEC race because if by some miracle we went to SECCG we would lose to Bama by 50. This game just determines if we are at the level to at least be in conversation about where the SEC strength lies.

Exactly, we need to understand where we are. Theoretically we should be a tier 2 team, which means that, in theory, we win out except versus Clemson

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
At this moment...

Top Tier SEC- Bama UGA
Forth Tier-Tenn

I'd add Arkansas to the fourth tier.

Not nervous. Not playing. We win by 10 if we play like we are capable. There’s a reason we still have a 6 game lead, even with the last 4 years and that joke in 2010. We are better. We’ve put way more, and wayyyyy too much from a fan standpoint into football to be concerned with Kentucky. Kind of how they feel about us in hoops I’m sure.

It is a bit much to be asking Muschamp to regularly beat Georgia and Alabama at this point, but he needs to take the next step and start beating the Kentucky's and Vanderbilt's regularly.

Reactions: king ward
Not at all...I get nervous waiting for the results from a mammogram not a game. Whether we win or lose has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

Reactions: KayakCock
It is a bit much to be asking Muschamp to regularly beat Georgia and Alabama at this point, but he needs to take the next step and start beating the Kentucky's and Vanderbilt's regularly.
I hope the whole conference keeps up with the "lowly Kentucky" narrative for the foreseeable future. Our kids are feeding on it like a pack of wolves on a moose carcass in winter.

At this moment...

Top Tier SEC- Bama UGA
Forth Tier-Tenn

Disagree, at this time, (could be different next week, see below), but I wouldn't put Kentucky in the second tier, yet. I would put Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida, A&M, and South Carolina in a pending second tier, or a third tier to them selves, at this time in the season. I would consider second tier a 1-2 conference loss team at 9 games into the season, 2-3 conference loss at end of season. Nobody except Alabama and Georgia is a given to accomplish this. Current guesses would be weighted against last year's record and this year so far. Auburn and LSU pass the current eye test for secone tier, but could still falter. Only Georgia and Alabama are expected first tier.

Having said that, Kentucky has South Carolina, A&M, Georgia, and Missouri as potential losses. Vandy could surprise, as well as rival Louisville, but I'll lean on those two, and remaining games as wins. So 8 wins at least, no worse than 8-4. I see Georgia as a probable loss, but others are a toss up. Manage to get to 9-3, then that's second tier in my mind. It's doable this year for Kentucky.

Reactions: king ward
Disagree, at this time, (could be different next week, see below), but I wouldn't put Kentucky in the second tier, yet. I would put Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida, A&M, and South Carolina in a pending second tier, or a third tier to them selves, at this time in the season. I would consider second tier a 1-2 conference loss team at 9 games into the season, 2-3 conference loss at end of season. Nobody except Alabama and Georgia is a given to accomplish this. Current guesses would be weighted against last year's record and this year so far. Auburn and LSU pass the current eye test for secone tier, but could still falter. Only Georgia and Alabama are expected first tier.

Having said that, Kentucky has South Carolina, A&M, Georgia, and Missouri as potential losses. Vandy could surprise, as well as rival Louisville, but I'll lean on those two, and remaining games as wins. So 8 wins at least, no worse than 8-4. I see Georgia as a probable loss, but others are a toss up. Manage to get to 9-3, then that's second tier in my mind. It's doable this year for Kentucky.
Trying to keep it simple with what info we have right now based on teams who have had big wins, losses and just did enough.

No offense UK, you’ve beaten us 4x straight but that’s about all you have to show for it. I would rather see you win the conference over Bama and UGA if we didn’t, but until then, you’re only getting what’s left of that carcass no matter what the rest of the SEC thinks of you.

Trying to keep it simple with what info we have right now based on teams who have had big wins, losses and just did enough.
That's the point. Too early to know what is a big win yet. For example (not going to happen, just saying) if Florida and Mississippi State go winless the rest of the season, are they still "big" wins? If Vandy goes undefeated the rest of the way, does our win suddenly become "big"? Remember Vandy almost beat #8 Notre Dame on the road. They might do it.

Rankings don't mean much until after mid season. For example, Florida State and Virgina Tech were #19 & #20. Do you think a current victory over them would be considered a big win?

Agree about Kentucky. They have more work to do.

No offense UK, you’ve beaten us 4x straight but that’s about all you have to show for it. I would rather see you win the conference over Bama and UGA if we didn’t, but until then, you’re only getting what’s left of that carcass no matter what the rest of the SEC thinks of you.
No offense taken. Clearly the ultimate goal is still well in the distance. Hope any of you making the trip enjoy it, aside from the obvious. It's a shame the track opens next week.

Last edited:
Whatever. You’re ranked for the first time in a DECADE. You play on a plastic field named for a grocery store. Enjoy while you can.

I hope the whole conference keeps up with the "lowly Kentucky" narrative for the foreseeable future. Our kids are feeding on it like a pack of wolves on a moose carcass in winter.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Whatever. You’re ranked for the first time in a DECADE. You play on a plastic field named for a grocery store. Enjoy while you can.
I am, and will continue doing so. Better a plastic field than a field dead in November, and we can live with stadium sponsorship if it defrays the cost of first class facilities. Thanks for the information. I hadn't noticed we struggled for a stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT