ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else think taters qb Watson drops in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to watch him with the Cowboys. I'm a bucs fan, but as long as I'm living in LA, I'm sure I'll get somewhat attached to the Rams out here. I just don't see Goff as a winner. He didn't win anything with Cal. Really wish the Rams had waited for Watson.
Maybe Steve Everett and Jim Rome will show up on the sidelines together! I hope the Rams go back to Dickerson era colors. Hopefully Pharaoh shows out. I'll be watching the Rams when I can! This was not a great QB class. Rodgers played at Cal. That's as positive as it gets here. I hope Goff isn't a bust, but it could be. I feel your worries.

Reactions: andrewtaggart
Your blind hatred for Clemson is preventing you from being objective. That's ok. We understand. What measures are you using to claim that the aforementioned QBs are better than Watson? Passing? I think most would agree that Winston and Luck are better pocket passers than Watson, and both have bigger arms, so that will probably remain true even through Watson's pro career. But are either better runners than Watson? Not even close. So, what makes Winston and Luck better QBs? Just the passing component? Fine.

Mariotta? Ran the same HUNH spread at Oregon as Watson does now. Why is Mariotta the better QB? Did he ever go for 4000 passing/1000 rushing in a season? Watson did last year (hint: he was the first to do it). Oh, maybe it's national championship game performances. Oh, right, Mariotta got blown out in his appearance. So what's your measure then? Why is Mariotta the better QB than Watson? Just "because"? You've been watching CFB for a long time and you just "know"?

RGIII? Who knows. He's bigger than Watson. He never scared a national title game, and you'd probably agree that those Baylor teams were more talented than Clemson's team last year which consisted of Watson and a bunch of scrubs.

You smell like sour grapes.
Do you seriously believe some NFL team will draft Watson because he can run the ball? You cannot be serious....Talk about blind reason...Championships in the NFL are won by great pocket passers, if they can run a little great

I hate Clemson, but I can't say much bad about this kid. He has great QB skills, and I think barring injury he will make a solid Pro QB

Do you seriously believe some NFL team will draft Watson because he can run the ball? You cannot be serious....Talk about blind reason...Championships in the NFL are won by great pocket passers, if they can run a little great
Yeah Russell Wilson is just your perfect, prototypical pocket passer. And if Cam Newton had not run into the best NFL defense since the '85 bears, two of the last three Super Bowls would have would have been won by great dual-threat QB's. The game is changing...wake up and smell the roses baby. Your Tom Brady's and Aaron Rodgers' type of talents come along once in a blue moon. The game is changing...you'll see.

Tiger-breath, have you lost all of your senses? Obviously smell's gone, or you wouldn't go back to clemson.
Link? What link? Where did I indicate I read it? I didn't, I wrote I heard the rumor, which started after the Heisman event where Watson finished a distant 3rd with less than 1/2 the 1st place votes of the 2nd place finalist from Stanford, and well behind the actual winner from Alabama. That illustrates you most likely suffer deficiencies in sight and sound, too.
The guy who told me (a clemson fan) heard clemson students talking about it at a Skins hot dog store on Tiger Road in clemson, he was at the next table just listening. The students apparently know Gallman, who according to their discussion thinks Watson gets a little too much of the 'glory' sometimes (and 'hogs' the ball inside the 5-yard line).

That's what a 'rumor' is!!!... SO, you need to KNOW -

'"We don't go 'round nowhere - spreading rumors;
No sir, we just ain't the gossipy kind -
You'll NEVER hear of us REPEATING 'gossip' ..
So you better be sure and listen close THE FIRST TIME!"

I personally think he will under perform this season since he is guaranteed a high draft selection. Instead of playing hard all the time in practice and games, he'll play to minimize the risk of injury and not get hurt like he did during his Freshman year.

Does anyone know if Clemson has purchased and insurance policy to protect his future from a career ending injury like we did for Lattimore, Clowney, and other high NFL draft prospects?

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
MBSuckside, I am in Surfside beach right now. So come get that assault charge you speak of. Although I think it will go way different than you hope for. DO NOT Threaten me. I am in no way the one for you to f with. I am here to talk football with an open mind. Just funny how this time last year you guys were spewing shit from your pie holes about Watson this and that. USUCK qb was better. LMFAO, you guys are pure comic gold. You wonder why us tiger fans come over to roach motel. This shit is Too funny!

Stop with the goober like sayings on OUR board you simple minded mouth breathing Tater

Fair enough, I can see the argument for Winston, RG3, Luck and Mariotta. I don't think they are quite as good as Watson, but that's just my opinion.

I think if you watched the Clem-OU Orange Bowl game this past season, it would be ignorant to say that Watson isn't clearly more talented than Mayfield.

I'll put it to you guys this way, I have two really good friends that are associated with Clemson University that I speak with on a daily/weekly basis -- one is an ex, and the other is Adam Humphries. Adam has caught passes from both Deshaun and Jameis, and played with both for at least a year. According to him, Deshaun has far more talent, but Winston is an absolute football genius. He says Jameis gets more out of the talent that he has than anyone he's ever known. I think it's an interesting conversation, and it will be cool to watch as things play out over the next few years.
How do you know Adam Humphries and why would you date a Clemson girl? Kidding, but seriously how do you know Adam?

MB Suckside I only called you out because of the threat you made. The difference in u an I, I can back up my talk....That's fact, u just come back with lame a$$ come back behind a screen. This site of full of punk keyboard ninjas.

How do you know Adam Humphries and why would you date a Clemson girl? Kidding, but seriously how do you know Adam?
I've known Adam for awhile and we met through mutual friends. We play a lot of golf together. Been to Vegas with him before and spent way too much money and had way too much fun. Great guy and probably my only friend that's a tater lol.

Lol. 4th or 5th round? Look, the guy has good size, arm strength and scrambling ability. He's insanely good between the ears. He has unbelievable poise. He's a lock for the first round. This 5th round stuff is just the rivalry going to your head.

I've known Adam for awhile and we met through mutual friends. We play a lot of golf together. Been to Vegas with him before and spent way too much money and had way too much fun. Great guy and probably my only friend that's a tater lol.
I've played golf with him twice. That's crazy that you know him like that. Small world!

MB Suckside I only called you out because of the threat you made. The difference in u an I, I can back up my talk....That's fact, u just come back with lame a$$ come back behind a screen. This site of full of punk keyboard ninjas.

I was joking you simple minded Tater. I know that might be difficult to comprehend you mouth breather.

What is with all the "he needs meat on his bones"? He weighs just under 220. Officially 218 at today's weigh in. That's pretty big for 6'2" mobile QB

We all have eyes........he's skinny as a rail.......but don't let your eyes get in the way of your post. He barely gets hit, and limps around when he does (way more than most QB's). He'll get hit in the NFL more than college and much harder . Ask RG3 if there's a difference. Like I said, he has the potential to be great, or average, or a bust in the NFL. And yes, he needs to thicken up for the NFL. He's a difference maker in college though. .

Just heard it and made me start to think about it. I don't think the guy is a bad kid... Minus the gold chains that he wears. Just think the tater system is what it is... A system.

You do understand this is the same system some of the NFL teams tend to run at times.

We all have eyes........he's skinny as a rail.......but don't let your eyes get in the way of your post. He barely gets hit, and limps around when he does (way more than most QB's). He'll get hit in the NFL more than college and much harder . Ask RG3 if there's a difference. Like I said, he has the potential to be great, or average, or a bust in the NFL. And yes, he needs to thicken up for the NFL. He's a difference maker in college though. .
If you think 6'2" 218 is "skinny as a rail," then you would think I'm an anorexic teenager with a bad coke habit. The dude has put on 40 lbs since his freshman year. Don't be ignorant.

Reactions: BOOM BOOM41
I think comparing Tebow and Watson's passing ability is like comparing Johnny Walker Black to Dewar's White Label.

You might want to rethink this a little. In college:
Tebow: (now keep in mind he only threw 33 passes his first year)
661 out of 995 for 9285 yards and 88 TD's vs 16 int's completing 66.4% of his passes

Watson: (two years of stats)
426 out of 628 for 5595 yards with 49 TD's and 67.8% completion rate with 15 int's

So if you look at it closely, Watson will have to have a great year to pass Tebow's passing stats if you compare them over a 3 year span (taking out Tebow's 33 passes his first year).

Reactions: BigTomE
If you think 6'2" 218 is "skinny as a rail," then you would think I'm an anorexic teenager with a bad coke habit. The dude has put on 40 lbs since his freshman year. Don't be ignorant.

So your point is he was "skinnier" than a rail his freshman year I guess. He was a pencil as a freshman. Hats off to him for putting on 40 lbs. I stand by my statement of he'll need to be thicker for the pro game. So don't get panty wadded cause I said he's a great college QB and you don't have to defend his weight. I hope he has a great pro career, but I won't lose an ounce of sleep if he doesn't. And we save the word ignorant for our tater brethren.

You might want to rethink this a little. In college:
Tebow: (now keep in mind he only threw 33 passes his first year)
661 out of 995 for 9285 yards and 88 TD's vs 16 int's completing 66.4% of his passes

Watson: (two years of stats)
426 out of 628 for 5595 yards with 49 TD's and 67.8% completion rate with 15 int's

So if you look at it closely, Watson will have to have a great year to pass Tebow's passing stats if you compare them over a 3 year span (taking out Tebow's 33 passes his first year).
If you base everything on statistics over a long collegiate career, you would find that Tyler Hansbrough and JJ Reddick seem far more effective than guys like Russell Westbrook or Kevin Durant. Statistics aren't everything. When you watch Watson play, just everything about him (the way he moves, his mechanics, his poise) seems so ready for the next level. Tebow was a fabulous college athlete, but no one saw his game translating to the next level the way they do Watson's. Every draft board in America has the guy going #1 overall.

So your point is he was "skinnier" than a rail his freshman year I guess. He was a pencil as a freshman. Hats off to him for putting on 40 lbs. I stand by my statement of he'll need to be thicker for the pro game. So don't get panty wadded cause I said he's a great college QB and you don't have to defend his weight. I hope he has a great pro career, but I won't lose an ounce of sleep if he doesn't. And we save the word ignorant for our tater brethren.
True lol. My bad.

Reactions: tngamecock#
True lol. My bad.

When you posted that 40 pound fact.......I started thinking, man, I do remember him being a rail his first year now that you mention it. He has thickened up now and I still say like Cam Newton was to Auburn, he's the difference in Clemson playing for the natty and not playing for the natty. I hate saying it, but he is a great college QB. Guys like that don't come along yearly (like Lattimore and Clowney). It will be interesting to see how Clemson does when he leaves (and I hope he goes pro this year cause we've all seen staying one more year doesn't help someone that talented.......risking injury for a senior year would be crazy). But I can see Dumbo talking him into it.

When you posted that 40 pound fact.......I started thinking, man, I do remember him being a rail his first year now that you mention it. He has thickened up now and I still say like Cam Newton was to Auburn, he's the difference in Clemson playing for the natty and not playing for the natty. I hate saying it, but he is a great college QB. Guys like that don't come along yearly (like Lattimore and Clowney). It will be interesting to see how Clemson does when he leaves (and I hope he goes pro this year cause we've all seen staying one more year doesn't help someone that talented.......risking injury for a senior year would be crazy). But I can see Dumbo talking him into it.
I don't even think Dabo Swinney's manipulating self could convince Watson to stay after this season. He's gone. Speaking of Clowney, do you think this year is it for him? Like he either shows up or he's pretty much done?

I don't even think Dabo Swinney's manipulating self could convince Watson to stay after this season. He's gone. Speaking of Clowney, do you think this year is it for him? Like he either shows up or he's pretty much done?
From all reports JD is finally healthy, and looks better than ever. Houston is switching to a hybrid front this year, so you won't see JD playing in coverage. Look for him to have a huge year.

Dabo will talk him into his senior year.
Noooo shot. Dabo let Lawson, Green, Kearse, Alexander, Dodd, etc. all leave early. Watson is better than all of them and has more potential than all of them. Not to mention Clemson is loaded with QB options for the next 5 years. It looks like they may get Trevor Lawrence as well, so they're stacked for another 6+ if he comes. Watson is 1000% gone after this year, even with an injury.

I'm having to work in the upstate today.... I know i know, I'll take a shower in bleach tonight.

On the radio they were talking about that kid being a guests round draft pick and I can't see it. He seems like a guy that drops into the 4-5th round and plays 4-5 solid years as a backup. He just doesn't have the NFL tools. Also plays against garbage in the acc lol. Maybe 3rd round if he test average in the combine.

Any thoughts?
folks you've got to know this asshole is a Clemson fan trolling you...please don't think this is a true post...damn

If you honestly believe what you just posted, you are either a Clemons or you need to watch more football...Do you seriously believe he is as good as many of the great QBs to come thru in recent years...I think he is great...But i have seen many QBs that are better
Do you put any stock in what the greatest college football mind nick Saban says?

http://www.si.com/college-football/...son-nick-saban-cam-newton-best-college-player

There are lots of people other than taters that "seriously believe he is as good as many of the great QBs to come thru in recent years".

Technically you're right, they weren't 'chains' they were ROPES ... with baseball-size whatchmagiggies' hanging off of 'em ... one of 'em, anyway ... the others were probably a.) tennis ball size, and b.) no bigger than a golf ball - so it wasn't 'showing off'.

Looked 'perfect' with his Santa Claus 'red' zoot-suit !!!

Hey! ... I ain't dissing his duds!!! I WAS 'curious' though his Freshman year the first time he got off the bus how any kid from a 'habitat home' and brand new on a college campus could be sporting a "COACH" brand men's leather backpack ('bout $700 bucks) - $200 dollar Dr. Dre power ear-buds and brand new $175 Nike Zoom LeBron's. That WAS 'CURIOUS' !!!

Add a hat, and Watson would have had the perfect compliment to complete his "70's Pimp Suit". He needs to be careful or he's going to OG (Over Gold). Just ask Kenan Ivory Wyans. He knows!

I just think they are bound to drop a game SOMEWHERE. Expectations are about as high as they get for that team and for Watson. There is no question they are talented and are in the conversation to win it all but I have just learned when it comes to sports and 99% of people are SURE something is going to happen that it's probably not going to. I'd be shocked if they don't win 11 games but it's so hard to keep up what they've had going and with everyone in the country telling you that you won't lose a game and that you are the best QB in the nation and all you have to do is show up and be awesome... I'm just not sure it can last. I'm not saying they can beat them but I think Auburn gives the Tigers all they want in their opening game. Again, because Malzhan has his back against the wall and the whole country is convinced Clemson beats them by four touchdowns. We'll see.

That's illegal, to sell or to BUY. Are you suggesting the young man is a criminal?

Grabbing the bottom of the barrel for anything you can get, huh? Plenty of people walk around with fake Rolex's, high end bags, sunglasses, etc. I've bought some knock off Oakley's in the past. Should I serve some time for that? I'm sure there a female or two somewhere in your, I'm guessing here, incredibly strange family that has a knock off pocket book of some sort. Should they be reported and become drains on our already flooded judicial system?

If it's a knock off then so be it. The maliciousness of buying a knock off is equivalent to jay walking. If it's real, then maybe he used his stipend to buy it or saved his money. Who knows or cares. If he was driving around in a new range rover or something to that effect then sure, ask some questions about that. But there's a big divide between a $700 bag and an $90,000 SUV.

My point is, don't let your bling hatred knock the guy just because he bought an expensive or a knock off book bag.[/QUOTE]

The only way I see him dropping in the draft is if they have a bad season...like lose 2 or 3 games. That is a bad season with their schedule. Or, if he gets injured.

That's illegal, to sell or to BUY. Are you suggesting the young man is a criminal?
You should let the Justice Department know since you are the authority.
Subsection 2320(d) provides a definition of the term "trafficking." This definition is derived from a related, recently enacted statute, the Piracy and Counterfeiting Amendments Act of 1982, now codified at 18 U.S.C. 2318(b). Under this definition, the scope of the act is limited to commercial activities. Thus it is not a crime under this act for an individual knowingly to purchase goods bearing counterfeit marks, if the purchase is for the individual's personal use.
https://www.justice.gov/usam/crimin...s-c-and-d-definitions-trafficking-counterfeit

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT