ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone headed to The Masters?

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
Sending my wife and daughter over tomorrow. I didn't have time to make it work this year.

I normally hang out on 14, but have been known to hang out on 15 and 17 during the tournament. About 5 years ago, I got the honor of having a tour of the property a few weeks before the tournament.

2 of my kids have balls they received on tournament days from golfers- including one former Champion. We have those on the shelf in our house. Pretty special.

Hoping my daughter can get her first tomorrow.

Last edited:
Not able to go this year, too busy at work.

I usually walk the course the first hour or so but then camp out on 13 at the landing area.

My daughter got 2 golf balls today from 2 players at different times. She was really happy.

Now all 3 of mine have received golf balls from players on tournament days.

2 from former champions

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Lamont Paris said that Andy North and his wife will be coming through Columbia Sunday to pick him up for the final round. I guess it's good to know people in higher places.

ok- my daughter told me this morning that one of the golfers talked to her right after his putt- he turned around and she was sitting right there at him because he had hit over near the patrons sitting beside the green.

She thinks it was Padraig Harrington. She said he expressed appreciation that she staying so still before his putt because he noticed others were moving. Pretty cool.

The other golfer that handed her a ball was Bernhard Langer.

She also got to meet a club member at the entrance because she was allowed to attend for free as a "junior golfer." The member gave her a "Junior Patron" badge and spoke with her briefly. She did not know who the member was though. They are FIRST CLASS all the way.

Last edited:
There is nothing like it, you feel special if you're there for a practice round, imagine getting an invitation in the mail, playing there or even winning! Ben Crenshaw describing Hideki's champions dinner tells you all you need to know, the most exclusive club in sports!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT