ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here have seats in section 305 around row 28??

Sumter Cock

Nov 29, 1998
After 30+ years in the same seats in section 505, we have moved to section 305. We know we are under the press box by a few rows, but was wondering if there are any negatives to being under there, or if the view is as good as the seats not quite under the box??

Anybody have some insights?

Thanks

Reactions: GamecockFanFirst
SC, I haven't been that high since I was n college:)

u make the switch so sun wouldn't be n your face?

That was one of the reasons. Had the seats in 505 with my dad who passed away last year. The club membership was in his name, so not transferrable.

So I started anew in the GC, and we were trying keep those seats for sentimental reasons. We had been there since that deck was built. And while as good or better seats were available in 505, the exact seats weren't, so since we were gonna move anyway, decided to try the other side.

The seats in 305 are only 6 rows higher than the ones we had in 505, so that wasn't really an issue.
Was just wondering if the view from under the box was much to be concerned about.

Not on row 28. Further back maybe, I don't know. The only thing you might miss on 28 would be a flyover. Not even sure about that.

I sat in that section (had one of the mini-plans) a few years back. We were either two or three rows from the top. The view of the field was fine. We were right at the edge for viewing the board - top couple of rows couldn't see the board without stooping to peer out from under the pressbox, but we were fine. It was really nice being in the shade, but it did get a little stuffy up underneath, even with the big fans moving air around.
All of that having been said, I wouldn't hesitate to sit in those same seats again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT