ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see under $1-per-gallon gas yet in SC?

55vett

Dec 23, 2000
Spotted in Cleveland, Ohio, yesterday (3/30):

WireAP_bf4c43a1ef3c4a0a92b6f3d4e3c8d042_16x9_992.jpg

Gas USA is selling gas for 97.9 cents a gallon, Monday, March 30, 2020, in Cleveland. Oil started the year above $60 and has plunged on expectations that a weakened economy will burn less fuel. The world is awash in oil, meanwhile, as producers continue to pull more of it out of the ground. (AP Photo/Tony Dejak)

Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
I haven't been out in a couple of days but the cheapest I've seen it in Marion, NC was $1.55 per gallon.

Walmart/Murray must be keeping theirs artificially high. Where I live they are always the leader in low gas prices. Now they are at $1.54 per gallon while smaller stations are lower. As low as $1.31 that I’ve seen.

Doesn’t really matter. Where are you going? Once you can go somewhere the price will be jacked back up.
i think we should have a surplus, that may take awhile to catch back up. i think this russian saudi deal was already in place before covid. i mean that it would’ve happened either way. now the big players in the industry should have price wars while trying to get rid of all the excess crude. on top of what’s already unfolded. storage aint cheap! i’m thinking the few winners of the race will take over failed companies’ assets thus keeping operating costs low for a while. keeping the prices low for the foreseeable future. that’s my opinion and i’m sticking to it.

i think we should have a surplus, that may take awhile to catch back up. i think this russian saudi deal was already in place before covid. i mean that it would’ve happened either way. now the big players in the industry should have price wars while trying to get rid of all the excess crude. on top of what’s already unfolded. storage aint cheap! i’m thinking the few winners of the race will take over failed companies’ assets thus keeping operating costs low for a while. keeping the prices low for the foreseeable future. that’s my opinion and i’m sticking to it.

You’re free to believe what you want and I respect your opinion. I think the only reason it’s cheap is because so many people aren’t using it. Same reason it’s cheap in November and typically more expensive in July.

we will see.

Reactions: be cocky
Most stations are keeping gas prices artificially high to make up for the lost business due to the Corona virus.
Gas has been artificially high since the oil embargo in the 1970s. The Arabs got the price of oil where they wanted it and have manipulated the supply ever since to get whatever market result they pleased. But, the main thing is that the embargo got people paying significantly more than a dollar per gallon of gas and got them glad to pay it by showing them what a gasoline shortage was like. They've pretty much had the consumer by the 'nads since then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT