ADVERTISEMENT

Are ACC refs calling the CU/TAM game? That was an incredibly bad call on the fumble.

Absolutely nowhere near the inside of the pylon. It looked very outside to me. What's the rule if it goes over the pylon?

All in!!!
Does it look like there’s another team capable of making the conference any money?

They have to protect the only team with a pulse in the ACC.

Just when you think you`ve seen it all. Guy knocks ball out, clearly not out of the end zone, and they say it was out of the end zone. Wow.

Absolutely nowhere near the inside of the pylon. It looked very outside to me. What's the rule if it goes over the pylon?
Same as a touchdown, if it looks like any part of the ball is over it, it’s a touchback.

Review booth wouldn’t overturn without irrefutable evidence. Would have lost credibility if they had, but I don’t see how the ball could have possibly gone inside the pylon.

Sec review booth

Side judge dropped a bean bag just before the pylon to mark the out of bounds spot on fumble. He must have been over ruled by the others and I'm sure they knew in most cases review stand as called on the field.

The pylon is the edge of the line. I believe the whole ball has to be over the line to be out, but can't find the rule.

I found this though, and if it's correct, the ball had to be completely to the left of the pylon to not be a touchback. The pylon camera made it look like the ball was coming straight over it until it went out of frame. No other shot had even close to a decent angle to really tell.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nfl/pylon.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT