ADVERTISEMENT

Article from 2014

Cliffs:

Swinney's contract is essentially a concession by Radakovich and Clemson that, in terms of the Palmetto State rivalry, the salad days of past decades are over, and limiting USC to six wins over a 26-year span (1980-2005) will likely never happen again considering the significant financial resources and the superior coaching and administrative leadership available to USC now and in the future.
In short, Radakovich understood Clemson's "USC problem" isn't going away anytime soon regardless of who the Clemson coach is, so he decided to bite the bullet and give Swinney the dough.

Many times there are articles written with very bold predictions. How I would love to be able to be face to face with the writer a few years later and make them read the article word for word out loud in front of me so I could watch the expressions on their face? Some the expressions would have to be priceless!

Cliffs:

Swinney's contract is essentially a concession by Radakovich and Clemson that, in terms of the Palmetto State rivalry, the salad days of past decades are over, and limiting USC to six wins over a 26-year span (1980-2005) will likely never happen again considering the significant financial resources and the superior coaching and administrative leadership available to USC now and in the future.
In short, Radakovich understood Clemson's "USC problem" isn't going away anytime soon regardless of who the Clemson coach is, so he decided to bite the bullet and give Swinney the dough.
I would not give Dumbo Swineey a dollar! He is a dancing car salesman. We will beat them four the next 5 years in a row! I know that for a fact. Coach Musschamp has our boys playing great!

I may have had a couple of tall ones this morning, but, I know we will go 12-0 next year and beat the klempzen kittens! They ain't no good at all.

F6FqcMCtBX-2_zpsmr2yakeu.png

There is nothing anybody can do about the broken record of Spurriers last couple of recruiting class. All we can do is go forward.

We had ol' Dabo one loss from a firing; if we beat them in 2014 he'd have been finished. Good thing he played Deshaun on the injured knee

We had ol' Dabo one loss from a firing; if we beat them in 2014 he'd have been finished. Good thing he played Deshaun on the injured knee

You cant really believe that. Dabo was nowhere near being fired in 2014. He had back to back 11-2 seasons and won 2 out of the last 3 ACC titles the previous 3 years. First of all it sucked to lose to SC but all the other success made it less painful. Second it would have been dumb to fire a coach after back to back 11 win seasons considering no decent coach in their right mind is gonna take a job where 11 wins isnt good enough. The only time Swinney had a warm seat was after the 6-7 season when nobody if he could actually do the job. By 2014 his leash was about as long as it could get and there was NO danger of him being fired.

Reactions: jeff2001
"Spurrier was just given a raise to $4 million per year. Let's assume he coaches the Gamecocks for another five years. How much will his successor earn annually? $5 million? $6 million? Higher? Bet on the latter."

LOL

You cant really believe that. Dabo was nowhere near being fired in 2014. He had back to back 11-2 seasons and won 2 out of the last 3 ACC titles the previous 3 years. First of all it sucked to lose to SC but all the other success made it less painful. Second it would have been dumb to fire a coach after back to back 11 win seasons considering no decent coach in their right mind is gonna take a job where 11 wins isnt good enough. The only time Swinney had a warm seat was after the 6-7 season when nobody if he could actually do the job. By 2014 his leash was about as long as it could get and there was NO danger of him being fired.
6 straight vs the coots????

Boy, could Scott Hood have missed what was ACTUALLY the writing on the wall any worse than he did? That article is amazingly arrogant and just sooooooo very wrong.

I would not give Dumbo Swineey a dollar! He is a dancing car salesman. We will beat them four the next 5 years in a row! I know that for a fact. Coach Musschamp has our boys playing great!
yea, imagine what he could accomplish if he was a good coach...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT