ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn

Cbreezy33

Oct 6, 2014
Completely deserved that game. Dominated UVA the last 5 mins...went on a 14-0 run to take a 4 point lead with 17 secs left...then Kyle Guy hits a 3 to get it to a 1 pt game...Harper makes 1 of 2 FT’s to go up 2...then Ty Jerome brings up the ball and CLEARLY double dribbles...then Kyle Guy gets bailed out on a 3 PT shot attempt. I mean I honestly have no words. I’ve never seen a team less deserving of a win..win a game in my entire life. They called zero fouls the entire game then end the game on a subjective technicality...not to mention the fact that Guy initiated the contact. Either way that play should never have happened after the double dribble.

I never thought I’d say this but I feel genuinely awful for Auburn. That was horrendous and embarrassing for college basketball.

Feel bad for anyone to lose like that. With the exception of Clemson. Screw Clemson...

Double dribble was obvious. I initially thought Auburn touched the ball but replay clearly showed they had not. I guess it’s karma for Auburn hiring that cheater Bruce Pearl when nobody else would touch him with a ten foot pole.

Tough, just saw the wrap up on it, Barkley was about to cry, but took nothing away from the UVa. victory!

Completely deserved that game. Dominated UVA the last 5 mins...went on a 14-0 run to take a 4 point lead with 17 secs left...then Kyle Guy hits a 3 to get it to a 1 pt game...Harper makes 1 of 2 FT’s to go up 2...then Ty Jerome brings up the ball and CLEARLY double dribbles...then Kyle Guy gets bailed out on a 3 PT shot attempt. I mean I honestly have no words. I’ve never seen a team less deserving of a win..win a game in my entire life. They called zero fouls the entire game then end the game on a subjective technicality...not to mention the fact that Guy initiated the contact. Either way that play should never have happened after the double dribble.

I never thought I’d say this but I feel genuinely awful for Auburn. That was horrendous and embarrassing for college basketball.
Don't feel bad for them. They shouldn't even be in the tournament. They should be on PROBATION right now. It's ridiculous that they have still not been sanctioned and that Pearl is still coaching and Wiley and Purifoy are all still eligible.

People have really short memories. Chuck Person is facing jail time for bribery. That program is crooked.

Don't feel bad for them. They shouldn't even be in the tournament. They should be on PROBATION right now. It's ridiculous that they have still not been sanctioned and that Pearl is still coaching and Wiley and Purifoy are all still eligible.

People have really short memories. Chuck Person is facing jail time for bribery. That program is crooked.
This. Never, ever forget this. That dude is a known phone call recorder, cheater, liar, and conspirator.

Mixed feelings - if you call that then don`t let Zion push off and then say you can`t call it because they need to let them play.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Nah the last play was clearly a foul. The Auburn player was coming in too hot. It was too obvious to let it slide. Just because they missed the double dribble call on one side doesn't mean it's ok to neglect an obvious. Sucks for Auburn but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Thank you! Someone on here who gets it! Finally someone not in delusion land licking Bruce pearl's rear end, guy is a lying cheating scumbag and will always be a lying cheating scumbag, would not at all be surprised to see Auburn on probation and stripped of the ff banner in the next two years because they discover something hiding beneath the surface now. Anybody see the clip of the Auburn player (brown) giving the choke signal as the Virginia player (guy) was about to shoot the free throws? Karma's a b**** aint it! And he wants to complain about the call afterward. Here's a novel concept; make a defensive stop and then it don't matter! Can't sympathize with them, they got what they deserved!

Reactions: rock cock doc
Double dribble was obvious. I initially thought Auburn touched the ball but replay clearly showed they had not. I guess it’s karma for Auburn hiring that cheater Bruce Pearl when nobody else would touch him with a ten foot pole.
Those damn cookouts. That's some serious cheating. Smh

Albarn; two assistants suspended, one now a convicted Federal Felon, Head Coach with a Show Cause Letter from the NCAA (ok, this is pretty minor now). They are cheating scum and deserve everything they got.

They will be on probation soon and forfeiting wins galore.

An Auburn win would have wrapped up my Tournament Pool.

That said, it was a foul. That sort of call on a shooter is made all game long, but nobody questions it until the last 10 seconds.

So, the Virginia win cost me a rather small amount of money. No big deal. But, to see Bruce Pearl, and more specifically Auburn (for hiring that lying, oily, cheat) suffer was worth it. They hired that "snake" (not my word, but that of Jimmy Collins, former assistant at Illinois and head coach at UIC) while he was still under a show-cause from the NCAA.

Maybe he's turned over a new leaf? Well, his associate head coach was arrested on bribery and corruption charges, and Pearl himself was cited as "uncooperative" with Auburn's internal investigation.

Is he a winning coach? Yes (unless you consider taking away wins for documented cheating), but he is an asterisk guy. Sometimes karma and the universe get it right.

I was at the game and am boarding a plane right now back to Atlanta full of AU fans. It was gut wrenching to say the least. When that last shot went off, all of the AU fans were jumping up and down in celebration only to see their hearts broken minutes later.

That’s said, there’s no doubt the final shot was a foul. You can’t leave that guy open on the baseline. Had he not fouled him, he probably would’ve made the shot anyway. The double dribble was a terrible no call, and that’s the most disappointing part.

It wasn’t until the last 5 minutes that AU maintained any sort of momentum in the game. That’s what UVA does to their opponents - stifles them with fundamental defense and slows on offense to maintain control.

In the end, I’m not sure it will matter as I think TT would beat them both. UVA and AU aree one sided teams with opposite strengths. Tech is a well rounded team - very athletic with an aggressive but fundamental defensive scheme and great shooting both inside and outside.

Those damn cookouts. That's some serious cheating. Smh
His top assistant plead guilty to bribery and will spend a couple years in jail. Wiley and Purifoy were implicated whereas Pearl refused to cooperate with the investigation.

He's dirty and AU shouldn't even be in the tournament. They should be on probation right now.

An Auburn win would have wrapped up my Tournament Pool.

That said, it was a foul. That sort of call on a shooter is made all game long, but nobody questions it until the last 10 seconds.

So, the Virginia win cost me a rather small amount of money. No big deal. But, to see Bruce Pearl, and more specifically Auburn (for hiring that lying, oily, cheat) suffer was worth it. They hired that "snake" (not my word, but that of Jimmy Collins, former assistant at Illinois and head coach at UIC) while he was still under a show-cause from the NCAA.

Maybe he's turned over a new leaf? Well, his associate head coach was arrested on bribery and corruption charges, and Pearl himself was cited as "uncooperative" with Auburn's internal investigation.

Is he a winning coach? Yes (unless you consider taking away wins for documented cheating), but he is an asterisk guy. Sometimes karma and the universe get it right.
There is no such thing as an asterisk. Its something losers latch onto. If the NCAA does nothing is it really cheating? There will never be an asterisk beside Dean Smiths name or Coach K or any of the Kansas coach's names. You either get with the program or flounder in mediocrity.

There is no such thing as an asterisk. Its something losers latch onto. If the NCAA does nothing is it really cheating? There will never be an asterisk beside Dean Smiths name or Coach K or any of the Kansas coach's names. You either get with the program or flounder in mediocrity.
Nice attempt at a straw man argument (Its something losers latch onto.) If you think there are no asterisks in sports, ask those who got them unjustly (Roger Maris) or those who have absolutely earned them. (Joe Paterno-since reversed-, John Calipari, Jim Boeheim., etc.)
The NCAA placed Pearl on a 3-year show cause. He and Auburn are under investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT