ADVERTISEMENT

Eli Drinkiwitz: Beat us with Apps players, beating us with Missouri players

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
So whats the deal?? Guy spent most of his career in G5 and FCS. He becomes HC at App State and beats us in 2019, ending a 3 game win streak vs Missouri. Then beats us 4x in a row now, with a roster that has been below us in recruiting. HE doesnt have hardly any “SEC experience”, he was a lowly QC at Auburn for a yeat, otherwise he was at Arkansas State, Boisie State, App State….and coached HS ball during the mid-late 2000s.

Now Missouri is 7-1 headed towards a top 15 ranking. We shoulda hired the guy as he left the stadium that awful 2019 night when he beat us w App State

So whats the deal?? Guy spent most of his career in G5 and FCS. He becomes HC at App State and beats us in 2019, ending a 3 game win streak vs Missouri. Then beats us 4x in a row now, with a roster that has been below us in recruiting. HE doesnt have hardly any “SEC experience”, he was a lowly QC at Auburn for a yeat, otherwise he was at Arkansas State, Boisie State, App State….and coached HS ball during the mid-late 2000s.

Now Missouri is 7-1 headed towards a top 15 ranking. We shoulda hired the guy as he left the stadium that awful 2019 night when he beat us w App State

Not sure he'll end up in the top 15, but it's worth mentioning that Missouri's NIL is ranked below ours as well.

There were several members on this forum who wanted Drinkwitz. It was a timing issue from what I can remember. Muschamp's bailout was too large in 2019 when Missouri began showing interest.

Let's see if he can put together a few good seasons. Missouri was 6-7 last season when we were 8-5 and beating Top 10 teams. That's part of the ebb and flow of not being in the top half of the SEC.

Some seem to forget that we looked pretty bad the first part of last season too. Then things just suddenly came together with no real rhyme or reason. In several of the losses this year, we've played pretty good football against talented opponents.

It doesn’t take much coaching knowledge to recognize you just send 8 defensive players on every down to beat a team. It also helps when you know your opponent will run the ball most 1st downs and must pass most 3rd downs. Heck, I could have coached Mizzou Saturday and beat South Carolina.

It doesn’t take much coaching knowledge to recognize you just send 8 defensive players on every down to beat a team. It also helps when you know your opponent will run the ball most 1st downs and must pass most 3rd downs. Heck, I could have coached Mizzou Saturday and beat South Carolina.

This reveal happened in the UGA game once Wells was injured. Defenses have used that blueprint ever since and that's a big reason we haven't been able to breakthrough against these quality teams.

We have downfield receivers such as Legette, but that takes too much time to develop when your OL is porous. What we are in desperate need of is the playmaking skills of a quick outlet like Wells to keep the defenses honest. He was our glorified running back who didn't need to rely on the OL. He made his living in that role and that's how we closed the season so strong last year.

I think he is a good Coach, but I am not ready to Give up on CSB. I think CSB has accomplished enough to Deserve our Respect. He has proven he can win here the previous 2 years. I liked Joe Morrison. The Coach, while I was a attending USC. He had losing Seasons. But Coach Mo accomplished a lot and Recruited some of the best players, Sharpe, Green, Woods, Todd Ellis. We are in Rebuild Mode right now.

We can't Reload as many of us wish.

I think he is a good Coach, but I am not ready to Give up on CSB. I think CSB has accomplished enough to Deserve our Respect. He has proven he can win here the previous 2 years. I liked Joe Morrison. The Coach, while I was a attending USC. He had losing Seasons. But Coach Mo accomplished a lot and Recruited some of the best players, Sharpe, Green, Woods, Todd Ellis. We are in Rebuild Mode right now.

We can't Reload as many of us wish.
You don't call yourself Crazy for nothing.

Reactions: bayrooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT