8 replies67 retweets347 likes

wonder if some clowns in Knoxville can feel that tweet

Gamecock WBB Fans and Gamecock Hoops liked
A'ja Wilson‏Verified account@_ajawilson22 3h3 hours ago
S/o to the ppl that said I could never win a natty at South Carolina
1f601.png

8 replies67 retweets347 likes

wonder if some clowns in Knoxville can feel that tweet
Yep! The folks following UConn said at the time of her commitment that she made an unwise decision. They said she could have had four rings if she had chosen them. Instead, she would never get one. They were only half correct. I do believe that if she had gone there, she would have gotten four. So happy that she chose us and still realized her dream.

Yep! The folks following UConn said at the time of her commitment that she made an unwise decision. They said she could have had four rings if she had chosen them. Instead, she would never get one. They were only half correct. I do believe that if she had gone there, she would have gotten four. So happy that she chose us and still realized her dream.

UCONN fans made those claims..But she never heard it from UCONN coaches...Geno does not do negative recruiting...The folks in Knoxville were disgraceful til the end..That's one reason it came down to USC and UCONN

Last edited:
Geno is an incredible coach. I heard a long interview with him on NPR during their run about how there is even a proper way to sit on the bench for his team. If you aren't engaged in the game, or if you are pouting, don't expect to see any playing time. That sounds so much like the old John Wooden stories that I can't imagine him using negative recruiting. I suspect he says you can win here, but only if you work your tail off.

Reactions: vacock#
Geno is an incredible coach. I heard a long interview with him on NPR during their run about how there is even a proper way to sit on the bench for his team. If you aren't engaged in the game, or if you are pouting, don't expect to see any playing time. That sounds so much like the old John Wooden stories that I can't imagine him using negative recruiting. I suspect he says you can win here, but only if you work your tail off.

He is a huge John Wooden fan...Read his books like the basktball bible

Reactions: FORKCOCK

I heard Doris Burke on Zach Lowe's podcast last week. Lowe said he was shocked that Mississippi State beat UCONN. Burke said she wasn't...thought that UCONN was feeling the pressure of the win streak. She also said no one had pressured the Huskies defensively all year. Very true. We were hindered against them defensively up in Storrs because we played two bigs.

But....that would have been different in a rematch. The matchups would have been Wilson on Collier, Gray on Williams, Davis on Samuelson (Davis already shut her down in Storrs), Harris on Nurse and Cuevas on either of UCONN's point guards. I love those matchups for us. Wish we could have had the chance to end their streak.

UCONN fans made those claims..But she never heard it from UCONN coaches...Geno does not do negative recruiting...The folks in Knoxville were disgraceful til the end..That's one reason it came down to USC and UCONN
You are correct. Many UConn fans were negative after she made her decision. If you anyone visited the site following her announcement you will recall that it was a common theme that she had blown her chance to win a national championship.

I heard Doris Burke on Zach Lowe's podcast last week. Lowe said he was shocked that Mississippi State beat UCONN. Burke said she wasn't...thought that UCONN was feeling the pressure of the win streak. She also said no one had pressured the Huskies defensively all year. Very true. We were hindered against them defensively up in Storrs because we played two bigs.

But....that would have been different in a rematch. The matchups would have been Wilson on Collier, Gray on Williams, Davis on Samuelson (Davis already shut her down in Storrs), Harris on Nurse and Cuevas on either of UCONN's point guards. I love those matchups for us. Wish we could have had the chance to end their streak.
I think you meant a second chance to end their streak......,

No, I would have said 4th chance to end their streak if that's what I meant. We've played them 3 times since the streak began. I was talking about playing them in the NCAA tournament with the lineup that won the national title.

Reactions: atl-cock
Actually a third. We accounted for at least two of their wins during their streak. But I'm of the opinion we all ought to be grateful for how things worked out at the NCAA tournament.

Actually a third. We accounted for at least two of their wins during their streak. But I'm of the opinion we all ought to be grateful for how things worked out at the NCAA tournament.

we are grateful...but that doesn't undermine the fact we were the most talented team in the nation...The Gamecocks would have crushed UCONN in Dallas...Tried to tell you all season the Huskies were a flawed basketball team and were on borrowed time...The streak was a sham propped up by their inferior conference..

Next season UCONN will be a more complete team personnel wise..But i still think we will take them in Columbia

we are grateful...but that doesn't undermine the fact we were the most talented team in the nation...The Gamecocks would have crushed UCONN in Dallas...Tried to tell you all season the Huskies were a flawed basketball team and were on borrowed time...The streak was a sham propped up by their inferior conference..

Next season UCONN will be a more complete team personnel wise..But i still think we will take them in Columbia
Yet, in two previous attempts, one at home and another this very year, we really didn't come close to beating them. And they played a lot of other top programs during that streak - home, away, neutral, and from a host of conferences. Against that backdrop, your claim that we would have "crushed" them is ludicrous. I know this is a partisan board and so forth, but even a lawyer should strive to keep it real, or at least believable. "Crushed" them? SMH.

Yet, in two previous attempts, one at home and another this very year, we really didn't come close to beating them. And they played a lot of other top programs during that streak - home, away, neutral, and from a host of conferences. Against that backdrop, your claim that we would have "crushed" them is ludicrous. I know this is a partisan board and so forth, but even a lawyer should strive to keep it real, or at least believable. "Crushed" them? SMH.

Dude please...they beat us at Storr's by 11 with Kaela and Tyasha going a combined 1-18...your predilection for revisionist history against the Gamecocks is simply comical...Yeah we were better than UCONN..The way the Gamecocks were rolling, it would have been a double digit win at least...You can post all the UCONN worship crap you like...WE ARE CHAMPIONS...They are not...The streak ain't worth much without a Natty to back it up...It turned out to be 36 and OH FREAKIN NO!! Their regular season was impressive..But as soon as they ran into a tough athletic team that could play defense, they lost when the games mattered most...If they had to travel like we did, i am not sure that team reaches Dallas...But i digress: it's a lot easier at home..

As for your assertion that my theory is ludicrous, how the bleep does anyone know? You sure as hades don't know anything about basketball...The most talented and toughest team won the title..UCONN can talk about it's regular season...I am cool with that...Why aren't you

...As for your assertion that my theory is ludicrous, how the bleep does anyone know? You sure as hades don't know anything about basketball...The most talented and toughest team won the title..UCONN can talk about it's regular season...I am cool with that...Why aren't you
And why can't you admit we got a huge break by not having to play them? I am cool with it and never said otherwise. But we had some luck. Every team that wins it all in every sport does. When you can show me incontrovertibly how the bleep YOU know we would have beaten them, I'll be at quits on this.

And why can't you admit we got a huge break by not having to play them? I am cool with it and never said otherwise. But we had some luck. Every team that wins it all in every sport does. When you can show me incontrovertibly how the bleep YOU know we would have beaten them, I'll be at quits on this.

Because i don't think it was a break...I wanted to play them because we were the better team..We were playing better at the time as a team...No one knows how it would have turned out...I wanted the Gamecocks to end that streak in Dallas...MissSt stole a little of our thunder...That sounds silly considering we won it all...But they got a lot of gravitas from ending that streak..Vic Schaefer is a great HBC..Them earning that much gravitas is not good for our dominance of the SEC...

King Ward i really appreciate you not being a snowflake..It's nice to talk hoops with a poster that wont get their feelings hurt every time someone disagrees strongly on an issue...thank you

Because i don't think it was a break...I wanted to play them because we were the better team..We were playing better at the time as a team...No one knows how it would have turned out...I wanted the Gamecocks to end that streak in Dallas...MissSt stole a little of our thunder...That sounds silly considering we won it all...But they got a lot of gravitas from ending that streak..Vic Schaefer is a great HBC..Them earning that much gravitas is not good for our dominance of the SEC...

King Ward i really appreciate you not being a snowflake..It's nice to talk hoops with a poster that wont get their feelings hurt every time someone disagrees strongly on an issue...thank you
I appreciate that, and enjoy our give and take.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT